Forza 300 So Far

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mark65
Year: 2019
Color: Blue

Forza 300 So Far

Post by Mark65 »

Happy new year to everyone,

Just thought I would put my own experience with the Forza 300 to this point, the bike is very good at what it was designed for however its quality is not what ive expected from Honda, first up my wing mirrors worked slightly loose so that you could not see much behind you while riding from vibrations, sorted this by squeezing some plastic strips in the gaps :roll: a bodge yes but it works.
Second the fuel lid wont open unless i push behind the hinge on the plastic, following this came the juddering at around 4k mileage when starting off with a cold engine like trying to start off in third gear in a car and still feels like a slipping clutch when warm only not as bad, Im at 4700 miles now and gave it a good clean to be put away for the winter, now we have had no ice or snow so no salt and the bike was bought in March 2019, surprise, corrosion on the exhaust end can around both welds at each end and corrosion starting on the offside rear shock, the bike was cleaned regularly and ACF50 was used liberally.
I know, take it to Honda but my local dealer closed and the nearest are 30 and 45 miles away, Im now thinking of getting rid and am looking at a DL650 instead, I could just paint the exhaust and clean out the drive belt and clutch pads and maybe replace the shock but i did not expect to have to do this on a scoot that is 9 months old and only used to commute to work.
My 16 plate CB500F had nearly 11k on it when i traded it in for this scoot, I had no real problems with that bike and the exhaust was painted the same but showed no corrosion even at 11k.
Any way just my own experience on this bike.
Have a great year all.
Mark
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Forza 300 So Far

Post by gn2 »

Honda will not normally replace corroded components under warranty in the UK.
Clutch judder usually caused by too many gentle starts.
Build quality on my mk1 Forza 300 was poor, the new version unlikely to be any better.
Wait till your power windscreen starts rattling, that'll really do yer tits in.

Happy New Year btw.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Undoubtedly you will be getting rid of it.. Once soured you cant go back.. My Forza has been virtually flawless in build and in operation. Good luck with your new venture.
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

easyrider wrote:Undoubtedly you will be getting rid of it.. Once soured you cant go back.. My Forza has been virtually flawless in build and in operation. Good luck with your new venture.
Same here - ours has been great with 0 problems.
Mark65
Year: 2019
Color: Blue

Post by Mark65 »

Hi,
Well I had high hopes for my scoot but my roads I commute on are usually wet or have mud from farmers fields on them maybe it was the the shit from the fields thats caused the problems?, its all polished up in the garage now till it goes or around March and actually looks good, I thought my CB500F was well built, I could sort the problems easily. i didn't imagine riding my scoot gently would cause problems but its only a case removal and clean and rough up the clutch arms, I do like the DL650X the 16 plate as the exhaust is high mounted then they lowered it from 17 on, going looking at one on Saturday, still we will see how it goes there are a few alternatives.
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 19 SH300
Color: Red

Post by Oldie »

Another happy Forza owner. Really well screwed together. Great package. Still in showroom condition after 16 months although I do like to pamper it.