OK, too cold

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

OK, too cold

Post by fish »

6:33AM, and not on my scooter. Feels weird. 18°F outside. I'm not crazy. My coffee is ready here in kitchen. KONA bean this morning.
So, I look at scootering pix....

Fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: OK, too cold

Post by Old Grinner »

Totally smart move.

Live to ride another day . . .. 8)

Time for another coffee!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have to agree, smart move. Even if there is no snow at those temperatures, you have enough to worry about to make it more worthwhile to stay home.

Black ice? No thank you. High windchill? Nope, I think I will just stay here. Who needs a flat tire at 18°?! Who needs to hit a deer at 18°?! Nope. Just enjoy your coffee at home today.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Mel46 wrote:I have to agree, smart move. Even if there is no snow at those temperatures, you have enough to worry about to make it more worthwhile to stay home.

Black ice? No thank you. High windchill? Nope, I think I will just stay here. Who needs a flat tire at 18°?! Who needs to hit a deer at 18°?! Nope. Just enjoy your coffee at home today.
Yep Mel, Ridden enough to know stuff can happen, even with well maintained vehicles & scooters.
Wind chills in single digits makes for miserable roadside repairs of any kind...and could be dangerous.
I also make darn sure tire repair kit and pump is in whichever scoot I'm taking. And, since one flat (on the Forza) was unrepairable - fully charged cell phone is always in my jacket - with phone numbers of people who can come fetch me..
I'm never more than a mile or 2 from a farm when in the boonies.
Stig