The New Honda ADV150 has arrived !

General Honda ADV150 chat, questions about the ADV150, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

big tommy
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Pearl white/red

The New Honda ADV150 has arrived !

Post by big tommy »

Picked up my new ADV150 .....

Great riding position and great at ironing out the lumps and bumps in the roads....

I personally think it's a great concept and predict it won't be long before the other manufacturers are copying it....

Whilst its not a true "off roader" its very capable of riding down a few dirt tracks if you fancy exploring ...

Has Rear disc, Showa gas shocks and ABS .....

Thailand price is 97,000 Baht (ABS model) - i got free registration, basic insurance / road tax - so 97,000 Baht out of the door, with a nice H2C "Honda Racing" lid thrown in for free......

I did read a test report, which concluded " It's like the dawn of the electric light - when everyone else is riding around on candles "
Attachments
80109164_2004672319635305_3460421520793272320_n.jpg
80109164_2004672319635305_3460421520793272320_n.jpg (204.9 KiB) Viewed 3060 times
a2.jpg
a2.jpg (134.32 KiB) Viewed 3060 times
a1.jpg
a1.jpg (141.39 KiB) Viewed 3060 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: The New Honda ADV150 has arrived !

Post by Mel46 »

I think it looks great. I really have only one question, considering that it will be years before it shows up in the United States.

The windshield looks to be adjustable. However, it looks a bit small and the cutouts on the windshield look like where the handlebars would meet it.. Are your hands protected in any way? Remember, some riders will be using it year-round. Winter is brutal on the hands with no wind protection.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

i hope its not years till it arrives here but as slow as honda moves it might be
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) Love it! Bring it!! 8)
What about the 300 is it in the works? Or dismissed from Honda's list? Booo

Congrats big tommy, A Beauty! Enjoy and keep us updated on your New Love :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Dual disc brakes too!

Nice! :D

I know they would charge more than $3,200 for it over here on the U.S. playground but would hope Honda would find a way to still price it less than $4,000 plus the usual freight and prep. One can always negotiate the OTD price of course. That said they'd have to import them here and get them on those dealership showroom floors of course. :roll:

And you got a free helmet thrown in with the deal too? Awesome . . .. 8)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Never ride around on candles kids...
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

you you wrote:Never ride around on candles kids...
Didn't Marianne Faithful do that?? :lol: :lol:
big tommy
Regular User
Regular User

Post by big tommy »

Mel46 wrote:I think it looks great. I really have only one question, considering that it will be years before it shows up in the United States.

The windshield looks to be adjustable. However, it looks a bit small and the cutouts on the windshield look like where the handlebars would meet it.. Are your hands protected in any way? Remember, some riders will be using it year-round. Winter is brutal on the hands with no wind protection.
Yes the windscreen is adjustable - it's on it's lowest setting in the photo.....

Some larger after market ones already on the market, if you're looking for wind protection....

There are some h2C handguards, but these wouldn't offer any wind protection (or crash pretection for that matter - but look smart ....lol) ...If its wind protection - I'd go for the ones off the Honda 500X which would bolt straight on .........
big tommy
Regular User
Regular User

Post by big tommy »

WhiteNoise wrote:8) Love it! Bring it!! 8)
What about the 300 is it in the works? Or dismissed from Honda's list? Booo

Congrats big tommy, A Beauty! Enjoy and keep us updated on your New Love :D
Nothing official has been said .....

if its like the difference between the PCX and the Forza, the 300 will be a bit too big for nipping through the traffic, compared to the 150 - but better out on the open roads....
big tommy
Regular User
Regular User

Post by big tommy »

Old Grinner wrote:Dual disc brakes too!

Nice! :D

I know they would charge more than $3,200 for it over here on the U.S. playground but would hope Honda would find a way to still price it less than $4,000 plus the usual freight and prep. One can always negotiate the OTD price of course. That said they'd have to import them here and get them on those dealership showroom floors of course. :roll:

And you got a free helmet thrown in with the deal too? Awesome . . .. 8)
Yep ! - Good quality for a "Freebie" and matches the colour scheme of the bike....
Attachments
helmet - small.jpg
helmet - small.jpg (108.64 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
riding@100mpg
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by riding@100mpg »

that thing looks awesome! I know scooters are not big sellers in the usa but i'd love to see that stateside. congrats!
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Mel, think that is a "Fly Screen" -- up, or down, they're kind of cosmetic. ...unless doing 120mph with chin on the tank.
Interesting bike.
Prefer the new Cub retro....but I'm often out-of-step.
Fisj
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Awesome! I'm planning to get the 300 for the ABS but this seems more efficient in BKK's traffic.

Locked my PCX rear brake last week and broke some side fairings. Repairs ongoing and I'm planning to get a scoot with an ABS.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
big tommy
Regular User
Regular User

Post by big tommy »

alx123 wrote:Awesome! I'm planning to get the 300 for the ABS but this seems more efficient in BKK's traffic.

Locked my PCX rear brake last week and broke some side fairings. Repairs ongoing and I'm planning to get a scoot with an ABS.
Having ridden both the new 300 Forza and the X Max 300 - i would conclude that a 300cc scooter is far too big for the BKK traffic....

the pcx / Aerox and N Max are about the right size - oh and the new ADV150 (all the ADV's currently available in Thailand are the ABS models with rear disc and Showa shocks).
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider

Post by alx123 »

big tommy wrote:
alx123 wrote:Awesome! I'm planning to get the 300 for the ABS but this seems more efficient in BKK's traffic.

Having ridden both the new 300 Forza and the X Max 300 - i would conclude that a 300cc scooter is far too big for the BKK traffic....

the pcx / Aerox and N Max are about the right size - oh and the new ADV150 (all the ADV's currently available in Thailand are the ABS models with rear disc and Showa shocks).
I agree. I love my PCX, except for it's lack of ABS, it's actually perfect for BKK.

Iv'e been complaining of the PCX lack of ABS for a few years now, crashing it last week due to a rear wheel locking is the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

If I can't find a good deal trading my PCX (after replacing the broken plastic covers) for a new ADV, buying a used Nmax is the most sensible way to go for me.

Can't wait fr your feedback once you have more miles on your new ADV. Enjoy
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Iv'e been complaining of the PCX lack of ABS for a few years now, crashing it last week due to a rear wheel locking is the straw that broke the camel's back for me.
Glad you're OK and your "get off" wasn't a major disaster in your life.

When I hear about others riding experiences, good or bad, I try to listen and learn from them.

I've been OK not having ABS on my rides up until I got the XMax. Now that I've got it I'm not complaining. One thing I really appreciate though is the Traction Control. That really does come in handy when accelerating on a variety of slippery surfaces involving water/oil, and gravel or sand.

Whether you decide to get the next 150 or 300 just ask yourself what you need vs. what you'd like, where the quality is, and then finally get what you can afford. I concur the XMax 300 is a lot more bulk than the PCX (having owned both and being able to compare from experience). The upside to the 300's IMHO, aside from the technical features and power, is being able to ride more comfortably with a passenger and stow more under the seat. I've pushed the limit on my XMax by putting a 17 lb. bag of birdseed under the seat but I don't recommend it due to factory specs. That said I did notice a bit of a change in the handling characteristics but yet the Yamaha still did the job. It was different than carrying a passenger because the weight distribution was centered lower.

Whether you get a new scooter or keep the PCX one thing for sure is you now know more about "what will happen" vs "what could happen" when it comes to hard braking on a non ABS machine. :geek:
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider

Post by alx123 »

Old Grinner wrote:
Glad you're OK and your "get off" wasn't a major disaster in your life.

When I hear about others riding experiences, good or bad, I try to listen and learn from them.

I've been OK not having ABS on my rides up until I got the XMax. Now that I've got it I'm not complaining. One thing I really appreciate though is the Traction Control. That really does come in handy when accelerating on a variety of slippery surfaces involving water/oil, and gravel or sand.
Iv'e been ok riding without ABS for the past 20 years, until last week. :ugeek:

Scraped my knee a little since I'm not wearing my knee pads at that time but overall I'm okay, my jacket and gloves did their work.

Honda just released the new colors for PCX 2020 here, and it still has no ABS. The new ADV 150 should be the new benchmark for the future 150cc scooters.
zroger73
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze

Post by zroger73 »

It's official. Honda announced the 2021 ADV150 for the US this week. It's scheduled to go on sale in June for $4,679 which is $300 more than a 2020 PCX150 with ABS. Mechanically, the extra $300 buys you another 1" - 1.5" of suspension travel. The under seat storage on the ADV is 1 liter less than the PCX.

https://hondanews.com/en-US/powersports ... ure-design

https://powersports.honda.com/street/scooter/adv150
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Nice to hear they are going to bring it to North America . . ..

The price has me a bit concerned though. :(

It will be interesting to compare the PCX and the new ADV 150 first hand.

Granted the rear suspension looks improved but still a rear drum brake? :?

For less money I think I'd still go with a PCX.

Then again it would be a tough decision.

I wonder how the body panel removal/installation will be. . .. :roll:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

That price is $1,000 higher than what I paid for my 2013 PCX 150 when I purchased it new off of the showroom floor. Ouch! Well, it does have ABS and disc brakes in the back, as well a good shocks and bigger tires...everything I could have asked for, and have. It is a beautiful scooter.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers