The New Honda ADV150 has arrived !

General Honda ADV150 chat, questions about the ADV150, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

zroger73
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze

Re: The New Honda ADV150 has arrived !

Post by zroger73 »

Mel46 wrote:That price is $1,000 higher than what I paid for my 2013 PCX 150 when I purchased it new off of the showroom floor. Ouch! Well, it does have ABS and disc brakes in the back, as well a good shocks and bigger tires...everything I could have asked for, and have. It is a beautiful scooter.
The US ADV has a drum brake in the rear and a single disc in the front, although it's slightly larger than the PCX's at 9.4" vs. 8.7".
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

Sure it's not a Ford?? "Any colour, so long as it's black" :lol: :lol:
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

So are we saying in the USA that basically for $300 more than a Pcx150 you get the a ADV 150 with better shocks and a little bit bigger tires? Yeah it’s a nice look , but I can’t see a massive amount of improvement here…
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

If I was in the US and thinking of a small scootery thing from Honda's range, right now the one that appeals most to me is the Cub.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
zroger73
Regular User
Regular User

Post by zroger73 »

gn2 wrote:If I was in the US and thinking of a small scootery thing from Honda's range, right now the one that appeals most to me is the Cub.
The Super Cub C125 ABS certainly offers a healthy dose of classic, retro styling and the larger wheels are less intimidated by small potholes, but it has no underseat storage. holds half as much fuel as the PCX150, and lacks passenger accommodations.

The C125 also requires frequent shifting to make the most of its 125cc engine. The PCX150's larger engine and automatic transmission is smoother and noticeably more powerful.

If retro styling is your priority, the Super Cub delivers. For everything else, there's the PCX150. :)
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

I was really hoping for read disk brakes. At least it has better suspension than the PCX.
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: WHITE

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

Us gets rear drum :(
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I mentioned previously on another thread, I recently visited a local Honda dealer and personally checked out a number of the smaller Honda (and Kawasaki) model entries currently available.

Long story short, I liked the "retro" thing about the Super Cub and, since everything is out in the open, it's ease of maintenance and access for valve adjustments. The larger wheels are indeed better for road irregularities and according to video reviews I've watched it handles pretty good as well.

The lack of storage and no passenger accommodation does make it more about fun than utility. That said a rear rack and box and whatever else you can come up with for storage (back pack) is a solution for transporting what's needed. But it costs extra. Fortunately the fuel economy is awesome so the small fuel tank will do . . . but always good to know where the next "open for business" gas station is.

The PCX just has everything you need (except rear disc brakes in the North American models).

For me, if it's about the fun, that timeless retro look, and standing out from the crowd, the Super Cub would be "it". Plus it doesn't have a bunch of panels to deal with for valve maintenance.

For practicality, performance, and utility, the PCX is the winner. Just know how to do most of your own maintenance or expect to pay $$ for a dealer mechanic and hope no panels get broken.
100_6538a.jpg
100_6539a.jpg
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

rear drum disapointing news. My 2020 zuma has disc brakes front and rear
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

150 Coming Soon! 8) I Wish the 300 were coming as well. Like the new Stylin' - realize, some don't.
Do we know if the 150 will have integrated indicators? Not ears. Will this Matte Black color be the U.S. flavor? The only color? Mid June it's said to arrive, We'll see. Our world pandemic is kicking arse in horrific ways :cry:
Are we buying bikes curbside now? Delivery via UPS? Phone yer friendly Honda salesman to find out ;)
Attachments
Non U.S. Model shown with "Out"standing indicator's
Non U.S. Model shown with "Out"standing indicator's
image.jpeg (74.01 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
zroger73
Regular User
Regular User

Post by zroger73 »

WhiteNoise wrote:150 Coming Soon! 8) I Wish the 300 were coming as well. Like the new Stylin' - realize, some don't.
Do we know if the 150 will have integrated indicators? Not ears. Will this Matte Black color be the U.S. flavor? The only color? Mid June it's said to arrive, We'll see. Our world pandemic is kicking arse in horrific ways :cry:
Are we buying bikes curbside now? Delivery via UPS? Phone yer friendly Honda salesman to find out ;)
It's already up on Honda's US website. The turn signals appear to be "fingers" that stick out from the sides - not integrated. Matte black is the only color. All the dealers here in NE Texas are open as "essential" for service AND sales (think ATVs for ranchers, but pretty much anyone who sells or services transportation is open).
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Pictured on Honda's powersports website is a Non-U.S. ADV150 Matte Black. That's the pic I posted. It shows "fingers" front and rear. My question's were for the U.S. model. Please post a link to the U.S. website you're referring to. Why would we go back to fingers? Even my 2015 PCX has innies not outies lolol
and about that Matte Black - not sure. Link us please
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
zroger73
Regular User
Regular User

Post by zroger73 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Pictured on Honda's powersports website is a Non-U.S. ADV150 Matte Black. That's the pic I posted. It shows "fingers" front and rear. My question's were for the U.S. model. Please post a link to the U.S. website you're referring to. Why would we go back to fingers? Even my 2015 PCX has innies not outies lolol
Honda shows the non-US model for the PCX150 on their US website as well, but it looks exactly like the US model.

I already posted the link to the ADV150 on Honda's US website in a previous post in this thread. It shows Matte Black Metallic as the only available color.
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gil »

WhiteNoise wrote:Pictured on Honda's powersports website is a Non-U.S. ADV150 Matte Black. That's the pic I posted. It shows "fingers" front and rear. My question's were for the U.S. model. Please post a link to the U.S. website you're referring to. Why would we go back to fingers? Even my 2015 PCX has innies not outies lolol
Many of Honda's motorcycle are designed for other countries and only bring them here as an afterthought. The width of the turn signal mounting is narrower in many other countries. In order for the bikes to be DOT approved in the states, the turn signal have to be further apart, so they add the fingers. The Honda pcx was designed with the intention of selling it all over the world. At least since the LED model was introduced.
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
NADman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by NADman »

I just checked Honda Canada's website and the only option
under scooter's is a Ruckus---Yuckus!
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.