smart key

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

halluinoid
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: blue

smart key

Post by halluinoid »

so I have now owned my Forza 300 for 1 week

each time I have gone out on the bike I have pointed the smart key at the bike , pressed a button on the smart key then turn the ignition switch in a rather random fashion and hoped for the best

NOW after studying the manual I see that you should press the smart key and see the smart key LED turn green, you now proceed to turn the ign lock etc

NOW after studying the manual I see that you should press the smart key and see the smart key LED turn red after you have finished a journey/ parked/locked the bike and going inside your work/house, is that right? 8) I am slowly getting the hang of this I think
2018 Honda Forza 300cc
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: smart key

Post by Jge64 »

The bottom line is if you never turn the key off , the battery in the Fob will last about a year. If you turn the fob off and on every time you use the bike, it’ll last two years. Up to you as to your decision. I have a xmax 300 which works the same, I don’t care to go through the multi step operation,I’d rather replace the battery every 11 mo, and I leave mine on all the time.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
halluinoid
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: blue

Post by halluinoid »

but the signal from the key goes through a wall, the manual says

that "wall" in my case is my house! I'm a bit worried the bike can be started by someone (who knows) while my key is just the other side of a wall :P

I dont know, I've had the bike a week, so I could be wrong
2018 Honda Forza 300cc
Zulda
Year: 2018 (mod 2017)
Color: Red

Post by Zulda »

If you have a key so close to bike, turn it off after every ride. It's just 2 seconds procedure and you can be 100% sure.