could your bike be stolen? tracker? U lock? secret switch?

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

halluinoid
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: blue

could your bike be stolen? tracker? U lock? secret switch?

Post by halluinoid »

in my Owner's manual it states "lock the steering when parking, a U shaped wheel lock or similar device is also recommended"

in addition to that you can buy a tracker in Halfords for £40 (which needs a SIM CARD) and your dealer could fit a secret immobiliser switch if you ask (£50)

but more seriously London has seen a huge amount of robberies committed , according to the press "by moped riders" , when you look :the "moped riders" are riding stolen scooters
Judge Georgina Kent told the 12-strong gang, who were crowded into the dock at Kingston crown court: “Many offences were committed using motorbikes or mopeds, often stolen with false number plates. Many offences were committed at night.”
so this did actually occur to me when I bought my Forza, is this vehicle going to be a target to criminals? they dont pick Triumph Bonnevilles, they dont pick Honda Fireblade , they prefer scooters to do their dirty work and how would you feel if your bike was stolen for that?

The steering lock is pretty nifty feature on the Forza which I love, but are you going to leave it at that? :P
2018 Honda Forza 300cc