HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Post by fish »

stuffing a 26lb Cod here in the Fish household....
Fish
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Post by Limey »

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Thanks!

A Happy T-Day to all as well . . ..

Ate today until it hurt! LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The turkey was the only one that was unhappy in our household!

Everyone was really happy to dig into the Thanksgiving meal except our 6 year old grandson, who always talks during the meals but doesn't eat much of anything until everyone is done. Then his mother noticed that he hadn't eaten anything, so he had to eat alone while everyone else went to the kitchen to prepare dessert. Is this normal now? When I was young none of the adults would put up with that. We ate when we were at the table. If we didn't eat then, we didn't eat.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

If I didn't eat me spinach I wouldn't get desert. :D

After watching all those "Popeye" cartoons I figured I could run faster and jump farther . . . or maybe that was if I had Keds sneakers. :roll: :lol: :lol: 8)

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Sorry folks I'm running behind. Thank You fish! Thank You All and "Happy Belated Thanksgiving!"

Family, friends and turkey that's how we do it. Twas festive and yummy, but Sadly some members couldn't show up. How We Miss them. Rest in Peace Dear Loved Ones.

It's a new day...I've slept with full belly, but sure as I'm sittin' here I'm ready to start all over again ...For Lunch?

WAIT! It's the Day after Thanksgiving AKA "Black Friday," - the biggest/craziest shopping day of the year!! Sales are Everywhere :o you know I love me a Sale but, nah I'm not up to all that hussle 'n bustle. So yeah, pull out those leftovers and Let's Eat!! :P

https://tenor.com/view/happy-thanksgivi ... if-9886402
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red white

Post by relic »

The old Grinner got me thinking of Popeye, got a pair of boxing gloves and a punching bag with a picture of Brutus on it for Christmas, and hammered the hell out of it.
Was't much for spinach but ended up smoking a pipe, probably not the best choice.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I enjoyed that oldie goldie Keds commercial and laughed over the so-called "support" built inside.
Uh, actually Not so much! :lol:

Popeye was a favorite in our house and p.s. I ate spinach. Big and strong? No surprises here.
Punching bags were the "most wanted" item from Santa back then. Self standing or hanging. Let it all out..."Release the Kraken!" Lol
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

When I was a kid I was happy if I got a Christmas present, but there was all sorts of candy! There were also plenty of things to keep us busy during the holidays as well.

(I guess I should explain: I grew up in Boystown. My mother took my brother and I all the way from Virginia to Nebraska by bus, dropped us at the gate, and left. She couldn't afford to take care of us any more. Well, she never took care of us anyway. We were passed around to relatives and foster care givers most of the time. Still, nice 11th birthday present. But, hey, I got a great education and went on to fabulous adventures in life, so it all worked out in the end. I guess God had plans for me. :-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Don't sell yourself short Mel, I think you had a bigger hand in shaping your future. :) :) :)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

"Don't sell yourself short Mel, I think you had a bigger hand in shaping your future. :) :) :)"

...if you only knew how many times that voice in my head kept me from being killed...I listened.

Here is an example: The day that I left the Coast Guard I was scheduled for a night flight. The little voice in my head told me to leave THAT DAY. Everything lined up exactly so that if I didn't leave that day I would not have another chance for 45 days. I listened to the voice and finished up everything right on time. Someone else took that flight that night. The helicopter came apart in the air and killed everyone on board.

That was just one of the many times that voice has kept me alive.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:"Don't sell yourself short Mel, I think you had a bigger hand in shaping your future. :) :) :)"

...if you only knew how many times that voice in my head kept me from being killed...I listened.

Here is an example: The day that I left the Coast Guard I was scheduled for a night flight. The little voice in my head told me to leave THAT DAY. Everything lined up exactly so that if I didn't leave that day I would not have another chance for 45 days. I listened to the voice and finished up everything right on time. Someone else took that flight that night. The helicopter came apart in the air and killed everyone on board.

That was just one of the many times that voice has kept me alive.

Think about some lottery numbers and share them... :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. We always get just enough...no more, no less. If I needed enough money to pay my Bill's that day, something would happen and the money would show up.

Here is another example: I was sent to another state to work on a project for 6 months to a year. The project fell apart one month into it. In order to return to Georgia I needed enough money to rent a U-Haul trailer, plus gas money, to return. The company would reimburse me after I presented the receipts to them. Payday was not for another week. I had closed all of my credit cards previously, trying to run on "cash only". Boy is that difficult!

I was driving back to my temporary residence and it hit me that I did not have enough money to move on. Well, I just said out loud, "Well, you know what I need. If you want me to move, give me a way."

When I went to my mailbox, there was a new credit card in my name with just enough on it for the move! I don't even remember applying for it, especially since I was trying NOT to get any more credit cards. (Sometimes you have too much credit, in which case the best thing to do is to close the accounts and reassess what you need or don't need. )
Just enough.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Just enough.
If you ever get a chance check out a movie called "The Secret".

It revolves around the "Thoughts become things . . ." theory. Or, where the energy is concentrated something will materialize.

I borrowed my local Library's copy at first and then eventually saw it at a store and bought it for myself.

One of the key things about the "thinking" part is that you have to "feel" it also. Wishful thinking or dreaming won't do it. You've really got to "get into it" so to speak. And it sounds like in your moment of desperation you definitely "got into it".

Check it out if you can . . . it will amaze you . . . even if you still remain doubtful about the whole premise.

Just consider it somebody else's opinion and a good way to pass some time on a day that's too lousy to ride. :D

I'd be the first in line to say "Hogwash" about these things but when you listen to what these people have to say about their personal experiences it does make you wonder. o_O

Can thoughts truly become things? :geek:

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Never heard of that movie. I’ll check it out ta
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

OldG, I purchased "The Secret" (dvd) awhile back upon your last recommendation. I'm so glad you brought this to our attention again. I have many dvd's (I borrow them from 2yous :lol: NO I don't. Just joshing - he doesn't have any, rents he does. His Next play - Cousin Eddie ;)

After reading here, I immediately got up and found where I put "The Secret." How it got on the "watched shelf" I'll never know (senior moment? Oh boy!) I WILL definitely watch it. I too believe that deep felt thoughts can become reality. In my life it has happened many a time. I have mucho faith.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I do a good cousin Eddie :lol: Available for panto.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I think I bought the book long ago. I guess I should find the DVD at the local library and watch it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I think I bought the book long ago. I guess I should find the DVD at the local library and watch it.
If you subscribe to any TV movie services maybe worth a look there too.

The trailer seems a bit weird but it settles down once you get into it. The guy who wrote the book "Chicken Soup for the Soul" is in it.