1st ride with new winter gear

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

1st ride with new winter gear

Post by fish »

Wearing the new Oxford rain overjacket over the leather ICON "Sanctuary" jacket with just the new HeatTech Ultra shirt beneath - worked great for this morning's windy pre-sunrise ride at 38°F.

This sheds two layers (and a few pounds of weight) which I'd normally wear on a winter day.
I rode for 2 hours and sat outside for another hour - in comfort.
Maybe when I get older I'll give some thought to a screen!....for now I like the screen-less ride.
I am considering installing the Pinlock insert I have - so I might not have to keep the visor open 100% of the time!

Jury's still out on that.....
Fish
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Re: 1st ride with new winter gear

Post by Oyabun »

I ride through the year, down to -10-12 deg C. So far never used a heated jacket or gloves, but I have a tucano urbano apron on the PCX.
Tis year is the first one when I've considered to buy heated west under the jacket.
The pin lock thing is certainly brilliant tho. Don't hesitate to try it. I'd ever go back to a no pin lock helmet. Changed my life from fighting flu and cold then I had to commute with open lid even during the winter.
halluinoid
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: blue

Re: 1st ride with new winter gear

Post by halluinoid »

pinlock visor I got and use all year around, plus trousers with knee protection and jacket with elbows protection and removable lining

this summer was so hot I for the first time removed the lining, only put it back 2 weeks ago, need it now!!

last year came off the bike on ice at 30mph, went down onto my right knee , if it wasnt for those trousers my knee would have been shot, hole straight through the trousers but saved me

because of my stout clothing I was able to get up again and restart the bike, resumed the journey, could have been naughty
2018 Honda Forza 300cc