Hello Newbies! We're Glad You Found Us!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

MicBergsma
Year: 2017
Color: white 150

Re: Hello Newbies! We're Glad You Found Us!

Post by MicBergsma »

Aloha! Anybody with Forza here in Maui?
Mitch's Scooter Stuff
YouTube - http://bit.ly/MitchScooterChannel
Instagram - http://bit.ly/2fB8gay
ahulleman
Year: 2017
Color: black

Post by ahulleman »

Hello all,
Im very new... Joined today lol
My name is Adriaan aka Dutchy!
I live in the UK, but am originaly from the Netherlands!
I've been riding now for about 6 years, mainly commute only as i used to own a chinese death-trap (sinnis shuttle 125).
I purchased my new Honda PCX 125 this morning so i am planning on doing a lot more than just commuting!
halluinoid
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: blue

Post by halluinoid »

got any photos of your bike Dutchy? would love to see
2018 Honda Forza 300cc
Piute
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Piute »

Hello fellow scooter tramps l.o.l. (don't mean to offend) just got a 2013 last week and still haven't put her through a good road test yet. license and insurance is in the making today. Kickstand down in S.W. Missouri looking forward to slowing down and enjoy the Ozarks. Do have motorcycle also .
Attachments
Screenshot_20210220-155039.png
Screenshot_20210220-155039.png (635.97 KiB) Viewed 148552 times
Islajack
Year: 2021
Color: black

Post by Islajack »

Hello everyone,
I am Isla and new here.
SantinoInc
Year: 2019
Color: Gray

Post by SantinoInc »

Greetings from Staten Island, NY. I'm in the middle of trying to arrange to have my 2019 PCX shipped from VA. So far I've had crappy transport service change their schedule on me so I'm looking for an alternate.
FierrogirlsADV
Color: Blue

Newbie to forum with ADV150

Post by FierrogirlsADV »

Hi all I’m just here to get some tips & tricks about the ADV150. We order a lot of parts through the Scooter Swap Shop in Portland, OR. We also started our own YouTube channel to share info about the ADV150 and how to do basic maintenance, etc. I also just got the Corbin seat installed so we made a video about that too.
We LOVE our ADVs and will be running the scooter cannonball this summer. Should be quite an adventure 😃

We are on Facebook and Insta as FierroGirlsADV.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBO-Fe05uNwS4FeWUUMzYAg

http://scootercannonballrun.com/2020-info/

https://scooterswapshop.com/
Attachments
635A1333-D748-4505-8107-C06FED548718.jpeg
635A1333-D748-4505-8107-C06FED548718.jpeg (408.53 KiB) Viewed 148473 times
EricV
Color: Silver

Post by EricV »

Hi, Eric V here from Tupelo, MS. I ride a '21 ADV150 and my wife Cletha rides her own as well. We have done a bunch of motorcycle touring and endurance rally riding, but lost the love for big bikes that were getting to the point that you 'put the bike on' rather than 'get on the bike'. We re-discovered the Honda Trail when Big Red announced that they were producing the 125 version and had been trying to get two for a long time when Honda Customer Service responded to my queries with a phone call, ending in telling me they didn't plan to bring the 125 to the US in '20 or '21, but maybe in '22. That led to more searching and seriously looking at the '21 Honda ADV150.

I'm a retired machinist that has decent mechanical skills. I do most of our own maintenance, (maybe all since the local dealer refuses to do a valve check.

We had already signed up for the '21 Scooter Cannonball Run that had been moved up to July of '21 due to the Coronavirus, so needed something to ride that we could actually get ready by then. We made a 6 state road trip to find, check out in person, then drive two more states to buy two ADV150s back in August of '20. I'm now just over 7k on mine and around 4500 on my beautiful wife's.

Even though the Trail 125 did actually make it to the US at the end of last year, we have discovered in our scootering that we're really pleased with the raging 14.4 Hp of the ADV and likely would not have been so pleased with the 8.4 Hp of the Trail, for how we enjoy riding.

We both blog, though Cletha is much more prolific with blogs about our riding and sometimes some of our food fun. Her blog is: Cletha's Adventures http://cletha-adventures.blogspot.com/ ... rt-11.html

Mine is more Tech info and I'm just starting out, so only a few posts. EricV's ADVTech https://ericvadvtech.blogspot.com/ Feel free to check them out and if you want to see something on my blog or YouTube, let me know and I'll do my best. Here is a vid I did on the ADV150 rear wheel removal for a tire change. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzAbsgl ... LKGpcCZmZm

I also cover a Scooter SaddleSore 1000 that I rode all on the Natchez Trace Parkway last Sept, just to prove to myself that I could do it on the ADV. 1078 miles in 22 hours. I guess I needed to prove I was a little nuts. :lol:
https://ericvadvtech.blogspot.com/2020/ ... anity.html

The Scoots

I look forward to contributing and reading about other ADV riders and what they have done and building a community of like minded scooter riders that can share info and fun here.
Honda ADV150 #371
Tupelo, MS
IBA #488
Queenb
Color: Black

Post by Queenb »

Hello Fellow ADV150 Scooter riders! I'm Cletha V. (wife of Eric V.) and we love riding our ADV150's. Now that we're retired we've decided to do "Slow Adventures" and what better vehicle than the ADV 150 ;) . We're slowing getting our scoots ready for the Scooter Cannonball Run in July and trying to get some seat time. I love that these machines can go pretty much anywhere, are so easy to ride and can turn on a dime. WooHoo!
Attachments
DSCN5355.JPG
DSCN5355.JPG (491.63 KiB) Viewed 148468 times
Honda ADV150
Tupelo, MS
IBA# 454
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Shout out to new members
Thumper, MicBergsma, ahulleman, Piute, Islamic, Santinolnc, FierrogirlsADV, EricV and Queenb
Attachments
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u17.jpg
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u17.jpg (60.23 KiB) Viewed 148462 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
LouisR
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Post by LouisR »

Hello - I just picked up my 2015 Forza 300 ABSfrom Big Hometown Motorsports in Marietta Ohio on Saturday with 345 original miles. I live in Cleveland. I am planning to ride it across the country in July on the Scooter Cannonball Run. I have been a life long motorcycle rider. My first vehicle was a 1962 Lambretta three wheeler with an open bed. I currently own seven bikes; 4 BMWs, a Buell S3t, Moto Guzzi, and a 96 Road King. Looking forward to getting some seat time in before July. I'm pleased to be a participant in the Forum and learning from everyone's experience. Lou
halluinoid
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: blue

Post by halluinoid »

welcome Lou , Forza 300 is what I have too, its a fabulous scooter!! the Scooter Cannonbull Run ? have you been on that before?
2018 Honda Forza 300cc
Stoo63
Year: 2008
Color: silver

Post by Stoo63 »

HI All , Stewart in Glasgow, UK here. Just bought an '08 SH150i. I ususalyy deal with old Brit bikes - Triumph, BSA, Ariel but got the SH as a bargain and a bit of fun. Unfortunately it has a problem getting a spark to the plug but I'll go into that on the relevant Forum.
All the best to you all,
Stewart
MrG74
Color: Black

Post by MrG74 »

Hi all,
I'm Ian, originally from Witney, Oxfordshire, UK. Now living in Yogyakarta, Java, Indonesia. Moved here with my wife and Son.
Been here several times and rented PCX for trips etc, now moved here I bought a new 2021, nice! I think it's a 160cc bike, definitely black and a stabdard cbs, as I didn't have time to wait for a blue abs one that I wanted.
Joined here because I want to modify my bike to black and red, with carbon looking pattern. Tweek several bits and pieces etc etc. But, I don't know anywhere where I am to buy parts etc and I'm learning the language.
Been riding scoots for several years and have always had a penchant for the pcx.
StillThumps
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by StillThumps »

Hello everyone, I’m Mike, another newer member from central Ohio. Like many here I have a long and varied history of being enamored and involved with many varied types of bikes. I’m first on my dealer’s waiting list for a 2021 PCX abs model and his latest estimate is that it may be shipped in 1-2 weeks.
Right now my current rides are a 2018 Kymco Like 150, and a 2015 Yamaha SR400. Have to say I’ve really enjoyed reading many of the the postings, and having spent time overseas I very much like hearing from members in other countries. Really Great international vibes here! Cheers everyone. ~ST
johnparham

Post by johnparham »

Well, I am in the UK. My last bike was a CD175 back in '76 to '78. Haven't ridden a bike since. then the family arrived, so it was cars, bigger cars, 4x4's. Now I am free from all those responsibilities, I've just ordered a new NSS350A Forza. Due for delivery 'May'! I've ordered the blue one. Looks really smart.
Can't find the right top-box at present - Honda accessories are 'later' and the cost of that keyless box is rediculous! Probably go for a Givi 56 litre - does that look too big on a Forza 300/350?

Getting excited - ordered my jacket, helmet, disc lock, bike cover....

Hope it arrives soon!
StillThumps
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by StillThumps »

Hello John, I welcomed reading your first post mate and the good (and much envied) choice on the new 350 Forza. Sure hope Honda decides to bring them to the U.S. Honda’s factory top-box for the new Forza shows it to be 47 ltrs. The 56 ltr. Givi is quite large.. but you may want that much capacity. You can see a pic of Honda’s top box mounted on the new 350 on the web for comparison.

Spent 3 years in the U.K. in Suffolk many moons ago but never made it down to the Brixham area. Look forward to reading your future postings. Cheers mate ~ST
johnparham

Post by johnparham »

Getting very excited now! My new Blue Forza 350 is at the Honda dealer (Exeter, UK)! PDI under way. Pick up this Friday 21st May 2021. Yippee! Rain and strong wind forecast though......
docjones

Post by docjones »

Hello All, I'm Tom and live in Jacksonville Florida, USA. My wife and I both ride scooters all over the Southeastern United States. Currently we both have Honda Silver Wings (582cc). We started on scooters 12 years ago, 125cc Kymco's. Then we both got used Honda Reflexes. I moved to a Suzuki Burgman 400 for a while and then we both got our Silver Wings. I'm looking for something a little lighter, that I can just jump on to, to run up to the store or just ride around the neighborhood on. Either the Forza 300 or a PCX would do just fine. Both used are really close in price so I'm leaning towards the Forza, mainly because the seat height is lower and my wife is vertically challenge (short) and she will be riding it also. So that's my story. Glad to be here.
dankly1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2019
Color: Silver

Post by dankly1 »

Greetings everyone. I just picked up a leftover new 2019 PCX over the weekend. This is my first scooter but my wife has a 2015 Lance Havana Classic 125 that I've ridden around some. Coming to the scoot side from motorcycles, currently have a 2019 Africa Twin. The PCX looks right at home next to her big brother.

Cheers
Dankly
2019 PCX150
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
1983 Suzuki FA50
Iron Butt Association #80052