Hello Newbies! We're Glad You Found Us!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Hello Newbies! We're Glad You Found Us!

Post by WhiteNoise »

Our Family Welcomes "You" in the fold.
670a25d86237e1042009dca4691dc9a9.png
670a25d86237e1042009dca4691dc9a9.png (92.65 KiB) Viewed 209451 times
Throttle open, Let's get acquainted
"We'd like to get to know You...."
Please consider adding an introduction while you're here reading this thread (or, you can visit back here a "little" later).

Of Course, it's Your Way.
Or as an example, Something like this:
Hi! I'm ___________________________ , add a bit of background (history), your thoughts, questions too. You get the idea
Or...
You might start as simple and colorful as Disney: Once upon a time, not so long ago I bought,...I mean I almost bought, a motor Scooter! :D Here's my story....

Keep that going. It's Your Turn :P

Note This thread is open to All members. If you Never found the place or the opportunity, have at it.
Pour the Wine 'n Spill a line (or two,......)

~ Happy Forum Trails to Ya'll ~
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: Hello Newbies! We're Glad You Found Us!

Post by maddiedog »

Great idea Robbie!!!

I'm Dave, I'm from Atlanta, GA and work in Cybersecurity. I created this site, but all of you built it into the community it is today by posting, sharing, and enjoying riding together. 8)

I always wanted to ride since I was a kid, and in college with a full-time job back in 2006, I finally had the money and freedom to start riding. I started with a couple of cheap knock off dirt bikes, had a bunch of different scooters over the years until in 2010 Honda announced they were making a watercooled 125cc in the US - the PCX. I bought one brand new, and put about 12k miles on it. I put even more miles during that same time on a Suzuki V-strom that I rode all over the place with my pupper, Maddie. Me and my wife rescued Maddie from a kill shelter. She was a full-grown adult dog when we rescued her in 2007. She was emaciated at under 10lbs (her healthy weight is around 18-20lbs, she's a bit North of that in her old age :lol: ). She's an amazing dog, and we are lucky to have her in our lives.

MADDIE!:

Me and the housewolf ~7 years ago:

There's a general thread of me and Maddie's adventures here: https://advrider.com/f/threads/scooteri ... og.989068/
The history of my first PCX here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20
And quite a few galleries of trips in the Gallery section... Starting from old to new: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=86 viewtopic.php?f=4&t=93 viewtopic.php?f=4&t=302 viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1047 viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2436

I sold my first PCX after I became a father (my boys are 2 and 5), but I missed riding so much that I bought another one in 2017. :lol: It popped up on Craigslist in Athens, GA and was in complete neglect from outside storage and a lack of maintenance. I picked it up for a few hundred dollars, loaded it up, and brought it home. The 2nd PCX is currently my only 2-wheeled vehicle and will be for a good while - I just use it for errands nowadays. Maddie's too old to ride for long at 13+ years old, and I'm too busy with the boys to go motocamping anymore. Here's my current PCX the day I bought it... The PCX fits in a Honda Element by the way:
KIMG0225.jpg
KIMG0225.jpg (231.53 KiB) Viewed 258335 times
And all fixed up!
KIMG0256.jpg
KIMG0256.jpg (263.91 KiB) Viewed 258335 times
I've since added the same aftermarket seat I had on my original PCX, but that's it for now. I think I'll paint the rims white again like I did on the first PCX, but I don't have any plans for big bore kits or anything fancy for this PCX. ;)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
ricklaugh
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Greetings everyone!

Post by ricklaugh »

Greetings everyone! I suppose this is a good place to start!

I just purchased a 2013 Honda PCX 150 with about 15k miles. So far, I have spent about $500 getting it back into shape - belt and other items in the final drive area, coolant reservoir, flushing brake line, filters, oil, etc. I had the local Honda dealership do it simply because they offered free pick up and delivery. I was very satisfied with their service. But, time to learn some DIY items.

I ordered a Givi box with special mounting plate and light kit. Will soon be looking for a taller screen. May consider a Cheeky Seat. Curious about LED lights. I welcome recommendations on upgrades and accessories.

I have previously owned Yamaha Vino's, Honda Silver Wing, and Yamaha Majesty. I think the Majesty was my favorite. Great all around bike. The PCX 150 is simply a blast to ride. It may become my daily commuter.

Thanks! Happy riding!
dembones
Year: 2015 Forza
Color: 2016 PCX

Post by dembones »

Hello all from beautiful Northern ID, USA. Have a 16 PCX 150 and a 15 Forza 300.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome guys, and thanks for joining! :P
Pull up a chair, and commence with the journey. There's Lots to read and learn and if yer up to tooling, we got that too.
So, What'cha up to? Where ya been, where ya going? Take us along
8) Happy Trails!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Old Scoot »

Hi everyone,
My name is Erick, 61 years old, married and grandfather of a sweet and cute granddaughter.

I plan to buy a scooter this year and had already looked around what is on the market today, it was three models that I found worthwhile: the Suzuki Burgman 400, the Yamaha X-max 400 and the Honda Forza 300.
I finally chose that it's the Honda Forza 300 I'll be buying.

I am not a stranger in scooter country, 43 years ago I got my A driving license on my Heinkel Tourist 175 cc 4 stroke with 4 manual gears and very modern for a scooter from that time a starter motor. After the Heinkel I have a Jawa 350 California 350 cc twin two-stroke engine for years and after a Honda CB 400F a 400 cc 4 cylinder from '79 I sold it about 10 years ago and haven't had a bike since.

As soon as I have my Forza I'll post some photo's.
dembones

Post by dembones »

2 Fast 4 U wrote:Hi everyone,
My name is Erick, 61 years old, married and grandfather of a sweet and cute granddaughter.

I plan to buy a scooter this year and had already looked around what is on the market today, it was three models that I found worthwhile: the Suzuki Burgman 400, the Yamaha X-max 400 and the Honda Forza 300.
I finally chose that it's the Honda Forza 300 I'll be buying.

I am not a stranger in scooter country, 43 years ago I got my A driving license on my Heinkel Tourist 175 cc 4 stroke with 4 manual gears and very modern for a scooter from that time a starter motor. After the Heinkel I have a Jawa 350 California 350 cc twin two-stroke engine for years and after a Honda CB 400F a 400 cc 4 cylinder from '79 I sold it about 10 years ago and haven't had a bike since.

As soon as I have my Forza I'll post some photo's.
Isn't the Xmx a 300? :?
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Old Scoot »

dembones wrote:Isn't the Xmx a 300? :?
yes and a 400
dembones

Post by dembones »

2 Fast 4 U wrote:
yes and a 400
In North America though?
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Old Scoot »

dembones wrote:
2 Fast 4 U wrote:
yes and a 400
In North America though?
That I don't know, did you click on the link?
dembones

Post by dembones »

In North America though?[/quote]
That I don't know, did you click on the link?[/quote]

Yep...showed up in Dutch.
GodFather
Year: 2020 PCX150A
Color: RED

Post by GodFather »

Hello all, just joined. Wife and I bought a 2020 PCX 150ABS on Saturday. This will probably be used as a grocery/errand getter, but from my initial short ride on Saturday it might end up being more than that! :)

2020 PCX150ABS Candy Luster Red - Stock
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

GodFather wrote:Hello all, just joined. Wife and I bought a 2020 PCX 150ABS on Saturday. This will probably be used as a grocery/errand getter, but from my initial short ride on Saturday it might end up being more than that! :)
Welcome! :)
dembones

Post by dembones »

GodFather wrote:Hello all, just joined. Wife and I bought a 2020 PCX 150ABS on Saturday. This will probably be used as a grocery/errand getter, but from my initial short ride on Saturday it might end up being more than that! :)
We just bought a 2016 PCX and already it is surpassing it's errand running initial intentions! :D Fun little machine.
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Hi y'all!

Just popped my head in to say (write) that I hope everyone is safe and well during these crap times.

Nice to see this place is still going - keep up the good work Dave. :)

Stay safe everybody.
crofty
Year: 2015
Color: silver

Post by crofty »

IMG_20200522_142307683.jpg
IMG_20200522_142307683.jpg (476.55 KiB) Viewed 242117 times
My name is Steve and i have always had bikes. I'm 70 now and have been retired 10 years. I usually run 2 bikes, one of which i run through the winter and the other usually my newish tourer goes off the road in October. last winter i was really feeling the cold on my Royal Enfield Himalayan, esp my legs and feet, i had a heated jacket which took care of the upper body and heated grips but couldn't keep my lower half warm.
Anyway i hit on the idea of a scooter for the extra protection i think it might provide. i was originally going to try a few come September and decide but having time on my hands with the Covid crisis i took the plunge and bought a 2015 Honda Forza 300 with 25k and a good service history.
I only got it yesterday and had a 70 mile ride to try it out. i like the seat with the almost backrest feel of the middle hump and the feet forward position is comfy for me. I had a good look round it today and its doesn't look to difficult to do basic maintenance but you can't beat the specialized knowledge you get on a forum like this.
Variant
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Variant »

Hi all, Im from NZ but am staying in Thailand for a while. I just brought a PCX150 2017 model from a small shop in Udon Thani, Thailand. Only has 3500km on the clock. One previous owner. I have had a Burgman 400 and a Yamaha Majesty 250 before so am not a scooter noob. Its almost dark now, will take a decent pic tomorrow and post here. I dont know if it is an issue but the pcx seems to be revving high at low speeds. Would be interested in adjusting/modifying for low revs and good torque at low speeds, not at all interested in high speeds, smooth low speed cruising is more my style. The back roads of Thailand are a constant joy.
Blackfocus
Year: 2015
Color: Grey

Post by Blackfocus »

hello i am george i am getting a 2015 PCX 150 on friday and have signed up to discover and personalize it to my own hope to see fun things to discover here
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome to our forums Blackfocus! :P Today's the Big Day!!
I Know how excited you must be. The minutes now counting down. Let's see a few pics once she's landed at home.
Wait! Your 2015 Color? Hmm...let me guess. Red? 8)
carper
Year: 2020
Color: grey

Post by carper »

Hi Everyone hope you're all well.
I'm Sean, I live in the UK in Essex just ordered a Pcx 125 in grey so I can use it to go to work don't want to use London transport anymore.
Not had a bike for a few years so looking forward to getting it and getting the bug back

Sean