Hello Newbies! We're Glad You Found Us!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Hobbit112
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: Gunmetal

Re: Hello Newbies! We're Glad You Found Us!

Post by Hobbit112 »

Hello all. Recently found this forum. 3 years ago I bought new a 2019 Honda Click 125i, my first motorized 2 wheeler. I have ridden in the past and my elder brother used to build scooters in the 60's and used to ride them. Currently have 20k kilometers on the Click and am starting the upgrade trip. So far have installed a new variator, Dr. Pulley sliders, main spring, balanced bell, clutch and yss rear shock. Have a fork kit coming then going big bore kit for more power.
Attachments
IMG20210909100507~2.jpg
IMG20210909100507~2.jpg (366.52 KiB) Viewed 92417 times
2019 Honda Click 125i
Yuminashi 164cc bore kit w/150 head
32mm throttle body and intake
13.5° SpeedTuner variator
15gr Dr. Pulley sliders
100/80-14(F), 120/80-14(R) Pirelli Angel Scooters
YSS front fork kit, YSS G-Series rear shock
Ben L.
Year: 2011
Color: Red

Post by Ben L. »

Hello. I’m Ben. I purchased my 2011 PCX yesterday. It has 11k so I joined to learn more about its maintenance needs and what others have done to mod their scoots. I’d like to add running lights in the JDM blinker locations and eliminate some of the rear tail.
FD518ADA-BEA7-4165-9B32-1694CFDDB24F.jpeg
FD518ADA-BEA7-4165-9B32-1694CFDDB24F.jpeg (542.58 KiB) Viewed 92399 times
Ajay66
Year: 2016
Color: white

Post by Ajay66 »

Hi everyone,

A Newbie From Geelong Australia here and thank you for the group. Very shortly I'm picking up a 2016 PCX150 and super excited with all the adventures ahead! I also have two larger bikes (GL1100 Goldwing & ST1100A) but they aren't really suitable for short trips but the real reason I'm getting one is to mount on my caravan so I have a ride while I'm away. I have two chihuahuas that are no strangers to the back of my bikes (in a doggie case) and the PCX will open up so many more adventures while away travelling. I did read in the 'how to' section about a workshop manual that may or may not be available so if any of you good people out there can help me out there that would be wonderful!

Signing off from Down Under for now,
Ajay66
Greetings from Down Under 🇦🇺
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Ajay66 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:06 pm Hi everyone,

A Newbie From Geelong Australia here and thank you for the group. Very shortly I'm picking up a 2016 PCX150 and super excited with all the adventures ahead! I also have two larger bikes (GL1100 Goldwing & ST1100A) but they aren't really suitable for short trips but the real reason I'm getting one is to mount on my caravan so I have a ride while I'm away. I have two chihuahuas that are no strangers to the back of my bikes (in a doggie case) and the PCX will open up so many more adventures while away travelling. I did read in the 'how to' section about a workshop manual that may or may not be available so if any of you good people out there can help me out there that would be wonderful!

Signing off from Down Under for now,
Ajay66
Excellent. Any chance of posting a picture of the doggy case when fitted?
BobW55
Year: 2022
Color: White

Post by BobW55 »

Hello all, Michigan checking in here. Just put a deposit down on a 2022 PCX. Wont be here to next month :roll:
Actually found it at a dealer in Ohio 2.5 hours away. I have not ridden anything in years, and with the price of gas, taking the 27MPG van for errands just wasn't going to cut it. Almost got an ADV150, but for $1500 in saving I can get use to white. Don't understand why Honda does not sell other colors in the USA.
Oh well.... I am sure I will have tons of questions in the weeks to come.
dankly1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Silver

Post by dankly1 »

Congrats Bob, welcome to the club. You are in for some big time savings with the PCX! I have a 2019 with 3,500 miles and on my last 4 fill-ups I got 108, 109, 111 and 109 mpg.

Lot's of good info in here...just use the search function.

Cheers
Alex
2019 PCX150
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
1983 Suzuki FA50
Iron Butt Association #80052
Memento
Year: 2011
Color: Black

Post by Memento »

Hi from Bosnia. My first PCX. Had K1300GT before this ride. Thanks for having me here.
Olds442
Color: Stormtrooper

Post by Olds442 »

i got lucky and snagged a 2022 PCX a month ago, i absolutely love it aside one thing, i am not a fan of the rear shocks. they bottom out real quick for me, admittedly with gear i probably weigh 225 lbs or ~100 kilos. so any direct bolt on rear shock upgrade recommendations are greatly appreciated. i'm good with tools, long history of wrenching on GM "A" bodies from '68-72.

great to be here, so many nice rides. i have to say, i like the white and black 2022, but every time i see a red PCX/ADV/Forza i get sorta jealous. i love that red.

184 smiles and counting, we ordered her a Metropolitan. we nearly max out the PCX with both of us on it, i'm lucky she's tiny.
Fishermark
Year: 2014
Color: red

Greetings from South Florida!

Post by Fishermark »

Greetings from South Florida! Just bought a 2014 Forza for my wife. She had been riding a Honda Reflex, but decided she wanted fuel injection and a little more power. Loves the bike! Looking forward to reading and sharing various tips and ideas maintaining her new toy.

Fishermark
Year: 2014

Post by Fishermark »

My personal ride is a 2010 Honda NT700V. Have always been partial to Hondas.

Fenton Lad
Year: 2012

Post by Fenton Lad »

Greetings fellow two wheeled therapists. I (Shane) live way down in Australia's most southern and smallest but best State for all forms of motorcycling. The second hand PCX 150 I bought the other day is my latest and probably last purchase if my wife has any say in the matter. Have ridden many road bikes including owning a 1994 Triumph 1200 Trophy and a 2002 Triumph Sprint 955. My last road bike which I owned for 15 years was a 2004 Harley Road King. The scooter is a tad lighter but certainly more practical for the shop runs. Now that I'm nearly 64 the PCX will most likely accompany us while we tour around in our old motor camper. Keep the rubber side down scooter people.
bogas
Color: Grey

Post by bogas »

Hello.
My name is Mateusz (Matthew) i'm from Poland.
I bought my pcx 2019 2 weeks ago.
Regards,
M.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Hi i an oldie popping back vor a hello. I had the original 125 in Tasmania and fondly remembrr Maddie and others from the old days. Its great to see the major deficiencies of the 125 have been fixed in the 160.

But i have since moved tk Philippines and now have a Airblace 150. Jt comes with main stand and 12V socket which were some deficiencies of the 125. No need for z windscreen here as its alwzys hot though i did have a butterfly fly into my mouth the other dzy. Not sure if there is an airblade forum but the bike ix perfect for me. It even ix keyless and has an alarm.

Hello to everyone who remembers me and the newbies here.
dwardu

Post by dwardu »

Hello Fellow PCX Owners, just got mine last week; a brand new JK05.
IMG_20220809_164926.jpg
IMG_20220809_164926.jpg (92.67 KiB) Viewed 92151 times
This is my first scooter, but own other bikes. Any reference to getting/purchasing a workshop manual for this bike is greatly appreciated.
MattyK

Post by MattyK »

Hello all out there,
I just found this page because I was looking up info for my ADV 150. I can plainly see that the header of this page says PCX, but Im a risk taker, and thought I would still register and say hello, because you all are Honda owners, and I know that there will people out there that love their bikes, but curse Honda for all the nonsense that they pull in the engineering department. I might be speaking for myself, but I feel that anything I want to do to my bike, Honda made that one specific thing freaking painful and annoying to do. In fact I emailed Honda about why they seem to have designed the bike with the idea, that if you want to work on your bike.... good luck buddy, was built into the design. In fact they confirmed that to me. They replied to my inquiry, by informing me that The Bike was designed by highly qualified engineers, and the bike was made to Honda's specifications, and thats the way the bike was designed to operate at its peak potential. So they designed it to be super frustrating to work on, so you get frustrated and give up. After youve lost a couple clips, or a bolt or screw, slips through your fingers and falls into a gap in the frame and body, vanishes into the ether.. but i digress.

I was hoping to shoot this out there and get some advice regarding what Variator rollers weights I should consider, I get the general concept of lower to higher weights, but my lack of experience leaves me seeking ideas from more knowledgeable folks , Do I need to upgrade the clutch or tension spring depending on the weights , and any advice on tire/wheel options, and how to adjust my stock shocks. Ive switched out my exhaust for an IXL M-9. Its obnoxiously loud, but after almost getting side swiped twice since april, I feel like the noise that thing makes does a good job at people staying as far from my bike as possible, cause its really freaking obnoxious. I mean Im that guy..... with the obnoxiously loud monotone buzzsaw noise polluting, stay away from me with your car rumble that just pulled up next to you. Although I will say i get a lot of joy, watching emotionally insecure sport car owners, watch me blast off the line, next to them, and watch these guys have to catch up to me and blow past me doing 70 in a 35, cause they spent a lot of money for that penial extension, and they arent gonna let the guy on a scooter show them up..... warms my heart a little every time. Any way, I know that the PCX and the ADV are in essence the same bike, so if anyone has any fun ideas for upgrades in the sport car owner penial shrinking category, I would appreciate any advice.
Maui Cruiser
Year: 2017

Post by Maui Cruiser »

Aloha from Maui,
Just picked up a 2017 PCX 150 and I'm excited to uncork it! So far I haven't found a slip on exhaust that will ship to Hawai'i and not break the bank. Any help would be much appreciated!
PXL_20220819_211959335.jpg
PXL_20220819_211959335.jpg (420.58 KiB) Viewed 92130 times
Attachments
PXL_20220819_211948577.jpg
PXL_20220819_211948577.jpg (221.19 KiB) Viewed 92130 times
Ttiger

Post by Ttiger »

Hi, all! Just joined. I’m riding a 2022 ADV. I’m loving it and looking forward to sharing info on how to make my rides as enjoyable as possible!
Ttiger

Crash bars

Post by Ttiger »

Has anyone added after market crash bars on their ADV 150? I’m considering it for the esthetics as well as protection. There are a couple different companies selling them. Suggestions?
ONEBOX
Year: 2021

Post by ONEBOX »

Hello everyone,
Greetings from Herefordshire in England !
I’m picking up a new red PCX125 from my local Honda dealer next week and letting my current bike a Piaggio Beverly 400 (BV 400) go.
Sadly due to deteriorating health I need a much lighter steed if I’m to continue on two wheels for pleasure.
The PCX125 fits that bill ( 65 Kg lighter ) and I’m able to get my feet flat on the ground as well. Pushing the bike on my gravel driveway will be a lot easier 😀
The dealer is fitting the Honda large screen so I should have decent wind protection as well.
I’ve had many scooters and motorcycles over the years and I imagine my new purchase will see me out.
I look forward to contributing to the forum and hopefully learning from you all about this very popular scooter.
Ayush

Post by Ayush »

:Hello everyone. I'm from India, not married yet :( , no child yet :( , no PCX yet :cry: . But going to buy PCX.
But i have to wait for a year for that as it is not launched yet in India :? and estimated date for PCX 125 is Oct, 2023 and PCX 160 in March, 2023.
It's too late but i'm gonna wait for it. Till then, i'm looking for a good time here with PCX experts that may help me in this matter. 8)
Ayush. :D