Hello Newbies! We're Glad You Found Us!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

jacob22
Year: 2021
Color: white

Re: Hello Newbies! We're Glad You Found Us!

Post by jacob22 »

maddiedog wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:34 am Great idea Robbie!!!

I'm Dave, I'm from Atlanta, GA and work in Cybersecurity. I created this site, but all of you built it into the community it is today by posting, sharing, and enjoying riding together. 8)

There's a general thread of me and Maddie's adventures here: https://advrider.com/f/threads/scooteri ... og.989068/
The history of my first PCX here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20
And quite a few galleries of trips in the Gallery section... Starting from old to new: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=86 viewtopic.php?f=4&t=93 viewtopic.php?f=4&t=302 viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1047 viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2436

I sold my first PCX after I became a father (my boys are 2 and 5), but I missed riding so much that I bought another one in 2017. :lol: It popped up on Craigslist in Athens, GA and was in complete neglect from outside storage and a lack of maintenance. I picked it up for a few hundred dollars, loaded it up, and brought it home. The 2nd PCX is currently my only 2-wheeled vehicle and will be for a good while - I just use it for errands nowadays. Maddie's too old to ride for long at 13+ years old, and I'm too busy with the boys to go motocamping anymore. Here's my current PCX the day I bought it... The PCX fits in a Honda Element by the way:
KIMG0225.jpg
Love these bike pictures:)
I am new to this forum but have been viewing it as reader for a long while now.
Vluperidol
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Vluperidol »

Hello dear friends! My name is Sergey, and I'm from Russia. I have a Honda PCX 125 HYBRID, this is a great and beautiful motorcycle! Some time ago, I sold my Sym Jet 4, and I do not regret what I did it. I wish a Peace for everyone, and i wish a big pleasure from our two-wheeled transport!
Attachments
20220922_205200.jpg
20220922_205200.jpg (375.75 KiB) Viewed 71329 times
20220922_205223.jpg
20220922_205223.jpg (394.37 KiB) Viewed 71329 times
skeptikos
Year: 2014 NSS300
Color: Red

Post by skeptikos »

Hi. I'm Will. Decided to sell my car, because cars are expensive these days, and bought a Forza. I like it!

Earlier I bought a Honda Navi (110cc tiny motorcycle) just to learn and see how I feel about motorcycles/scooters. Turns out they're really fun, so now I got a faster one.

Right now I'm in the stage where I'm trying out accessories to get it set up how I like (and to make sure I can survive the winter). My goal is to get it comfortable on the highway, so I can do some longer rides to NYC.
Looking for a Givi AF1123 Airflow (for a Forza). If you have one to sell, send me a message
Lapster
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by Lapster »

Hello,

I have a white 2018 Honda PCX to ride around town with my buddies, Nice to meet everyone.

Lapster626
Realist

Post by Realist »

New member here.
Bought a 2021 ADV150 with 700 miles a few months ago. I'm retired and already started to modify it.
Have had various motorcycles over the past 50years but this bike is the most FUN I've ever had on 2 wheels!
I'll be posting my modifications in the future. Happy riding.
BazW
Year: 2020
Color: White

Post by BazW »

Hi! I'm generally abbreviated to Baz, short for Barry and I'm new here. I'm based in South West England.
I bought my 125pcx new at the outbreak of COVID to avoid public transport tho'it was really just an excuse, my wife had persuaded me off two wheels a dozen years before and I'd been looking for an excuse to get back on ever since 😉.
This little machine is a joy and realistically meets my needs tho' I occasionally hanker for a few more hp. I think; if I get around to it, I'll be taking the route of tuning mods rather than swapping for a bigger scooter, hence some of my interest in joining this forum, apart that is from just enjoying general chatter on all things pcx.
KNguyen
Year: 22
Color: red

Post by KNguyen »

Hello All,

I'm Kyle, and I recently got a 2022 ADV 150. I'm interested in making it accelerate quicker, and hopefully will be able to learn how to do that here.
tj_zimm

Post by tj_zimm »

Hello everyone! I’m Toni and I just traded my NC700X for a PCX150. The big bike was just too much for me. Got myself a taller windscreen and top case bracket for my old givi case that I’ll be installing today. I am planning to use this bike primarily for commuting and errands but who knows, maybe more as I get more used to it. Looking forward to the bike and this forum. Cheers!
5B7042F4-586C-42AB-91C9-311F30E1717E.jpeg
5B7042F4-586C-42AB-91C9-311F30E1717E.jpeg (622.37 KiB) Viewed 71142 times
Peter Panini
Year: 2013
Color: Gold

Post by Peter Panini »

Hi again. Not a newbie.

Posted about my Golden Gal couple years ago.

Got a new ride, and wanna share pictures, but forgot how.

#HELPTHEWEAKMINDED
joel_man

Post by joel_man »

Greetings from northern Virginia. I just bought a 2021 PCX with ~800 miles on it, plus 20 miles on it driving it home. I'm coming from a VN750, it had a carburetor, was hard to start, you had to let it warm up, etc. I hope this easier to just start and go.
Attachments
IMG_1604.jpeg
IMG_1604.jpeg (556.07 KiB) Viewed 71031 times
Jason
Year: 2013

Post by Jason »

Howdy from Sydney (Winston Hills), Australia!

I've recently just got my motorcycle licence, I'm 54, but grew up riding motorcross bikes (riding on the road is a lot more dangerous!). I decided to get my licence as my 19 year old daughter wanted to get hers (and we've since acquired her a 2017 Kymco Downtown 350). Anyway, I'm not in a hurry to buy a scooter and in the meantime my Dad has lent me his 2013 PCX to learn on while I make up my mind which bike I'd like to own (I'm leaning towards a 21/22 Piaggio BV400S atm, but the PCX is pretty bloody cool to ride!).

Dad's PCX has only done 1350km in 9 years (and hasn't been ridden for a couple of years), so I thought I'd give it it's first service and generally look after it whilst in my care. I'd really appreciate a service PDF if anyone has one to share :-)

Looking forward to learning more about this beast and it's owners on this forum.

Cheers, Jas.
Hopazoric
Year: 2023
Color: Red/BlK

Post by Hopazoric »

Hello,

I’d like to remove the underseat storage box on my 2023 PCX 160 to be able to fit a front and back dashcam with 2 cameras.
Can you tell me where i can find some instructions for this please?
Davao
Year: 2022 ADV

Post by Davao »

Hello from Davao Philippines
Retired here in May of 2022, Have been in and out of the Philippines since 1978. We recently purchased a 2022 ADV 150, actually liked the look better than the new ADV 160. Good little bike, went with the ADV instead of the PCX due to the road conditions are usually pretty rough. The ADV is quite a change from previous rides GoldWings, Ultra Classic's one of which I put over a 100,000 miles on it. Still have it, in my son in laws garage in the US.

I have one question. I am trying to find a downloadable version of a shop manual. Any one have a link?

Thanks

Greg
ozzey49
Year: 2020
Color: black and white

Post by ozzey49 »

Hi all, i am new here too, so excited to be the part of this community:)
AlanC

Post by AlanC »

Hi, I'm Alan. Definitely a PCX newbie. I swapped my Burgman 400 for a PCX 125 last weel. The dealership gave me a good part exchange price if I too the red showroom model with the screen and topbox fitted.
The Burgman with its 215kg was getting too heavy for everyday use. I loved it and had made several tours in the EU on it but I just wasn't using it enough for eveyday local trips.
I wish the Uk had the PCX 150, but for some reason we're limited to the 125. I could have had a Forza but the seat height needs to be low for my short legs.
P1010333_sml.JPG
P1010333_sml.JPG (323.72 KiB) Viewed 70828 times
KJDL
Year: 2017

Post by KJDL »

HI, I'm Kevin from Auckland NZ.
74 years old, history of bikes owned:
250 NSU Supermax, Suzuki 250, BMW R75/5, Honda CX500, Piaggio Zip, BMW K100 L, Yamaha Axis 90, Suzuki AN125
.........and today, I am going to buy A Honda 2017 PCX 150 in three hour's time. Excited.

Career musican since 1968 still currently playing in a 6's rock band called Shane and the Shazam Band, based in Auckland.
I'm a widower, living with my daughter and two grandchildren.

Cannot stop loving the two wheels feeling, even at my age.
Thanks for welcoming me here, you all have helped me with advice even beore I signed in.
Kia ora from NZ.
Bbasara
Color: matt blue

Post by Bbasara »

Hi guys, I bought a 2023 matte galaxy black Pcx 125. I love it, its fun to ride it. Im going to be 50 soon so riding my pcx in the city fells much comfy and economic than my 07 cbr 1100 and 20 crf 1100. And Im living in Ankara, Turkey.
Chip1wa
Year: 2022

Post by Chip1wa »

Greetings Everybody!
Happy to have found this site to learn more about Honda's two 150 Class Scooters.

I've been riding for 50 years now and still have 5 bikes in the stable ranging from an early '70's Vespa 50 Special 4 Speed from the UK, KTM's, GasGas, and a Husky 701 Enduro.

2 Years ago I picked up a Honda Navi to hang on the back of our Class B Camper Van, but this thing is a snail on any sort of uphill. It's the perfect Twist-And-Go tool for poking around the neighborhood, campground and the Track, but to take it out on any sort of state highway-the speed differential just isn't safe. We're a bit limited to ride 2-up for a short jaunt for lunch or dinner while we're camping. I knew the Navi was a low speed/high cool factor rig, but its small size, low seat height and super quiet campground-friendly exhaust just can't overcome it's low cruising speed. 35-40mph is all she's got on just about any sort of uphill grade.

The PCX is ticking most of the boxes for me over the ADV150. Plus, I can't help but dig the slippery shape of that PCX. The weight differential of 290lbs vs. the 230 of the Navi isn't a complete deal breaker for me. Similar Seat heights, larger size, and better uphill capability would be an added bonus. The Navi is a breeze to roll up onto the Hitch hauler on the van. I can't imagine the PCX will be much more difficult for loading. For those in the know-how does the stock exhaust sound level of the PCX stack up against the NAVI. Would you call the stock PCX exhaust "super quiet"?

On that Navi, there's nothing cooler than to poke along at walking pace on Saturday Morning at the campground/racetrack with a cup of coffee in one hand and the throttle in the other. Am sure the PCX can do this as well.
pancer4
Color: jupiter gray

Post by pancer4 »

Hello!
I'm Gábor from Hungary, I'm 49 years old and this is my fourth Honda. I bought this pcx last week. I really like this new color. I love it.
Attachments
pcx2.jpg
pcx2.jpg (195.57 KiB) Viewed 70679 times
pcx1.jpg
pcx1.jpg (212.58 KiB) Viewed 70679 times
tcward41
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by tcward41 »

Hey everyone, I’m Tom, live in Berkshire and have a ‘19 PCX 125, looking to learn about the bike and how to upgrade it here!