Hello Newbies! We're Glad You Found Us!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Hello Newbies! We're Glad You Found Us!

Post by you you »

Hedonite wrote:That would be great - thank you!
Pleasure.

https://www.saddlecraft.co.uk/
TahoePCX

Post by TahoePCX »

Hello All,

Living and retired in the California sierra at Lake Tahoe. As you would expect, the riding season is or can be limited. We get plenty of snow in a good winter. Bikes on battery tenders for a bit. Right now riding a Kawasaki Ninja 650. The second since a friend totaled the first one, and not injured thankfully. There are times when my neck and shoulders are painful due to the lean percent of the Ninja. So I started looking for a second ride as backup. After a lot of looking, and considering how one would use a second ride, I think a scoot would be useful, comfortable and fun.

I am planning to purchase a 2019 or newer PCX 150. Chose it for its design and positive reviews. Also like the 14 inch wheels over the other's 13. The under seat storage is a real plus as well. The dealers seem to be low on inventory since motorcycle and scooter sales are up due to the pandemic. Maybe will be looking off the mountain when winter is here and sales slow down.

BTW, I am wondering why this thread starts November 2019 when the forum seems to have been around a lot longer. Just curious.

David
babisbabou
Year: 2011
Color: black

Post by babisbabou »

Hello hello i am Chris from Greece, nice to find you here !

already posted some videos here : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8565&p=145183#p145183
pcx 125 2011

enjoy :

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KVkpi14REk[/youtube]
festoonic2
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by festoonic2 »

I'm Mark from Portland, Maine, US, and new to the PCX150. Mine's a 2013 bought in July 2020 with just 56 miles on the speedometer. It's a beaut.
I've had a Honda Express and a Suzuki FZ50 — tanks, both of 'em — a 2006 Metropolitan, and a 2007 Yamaha Vino 150, and Ioved every one of them, but the new one is in another league altogether. I look forward to the learning and the lore to be found here!
TheDoors
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Post by TheDoors »

Yasou Xristos,
Welcome to the forum!

Adrian here, currently in Ireland but I have been living longer in Greece too (Athens & Agrinio) :)
JohnVTR
Year: 2019
Color: white

Post by JohnVTR »

Hi while I have owned a few big bikes and done a fair number of European (and a few Asian) tours I have also done over 20,000km on a PCX 150 while living in Asia so appreciate the enjoyment of scootering! My 2019 Forza 300 ticks all the boxes from what I want out of a bike at this time, its a nice scooter. BTW I have put Ohlins shocks on it but not fully setup yet.
5giant
Year: 2014
Color: Red and white

Post by 5giant »

Hey Guys How are yall doing, Im Rashad and this is Red, shes been with me from 2018 and she is a 2014 PCX 150, BTW shes is not doing well these days hence I decided to ask you guys for help and registered on this forum
-
-
Btw Ive been reading this forum for the last couple of years tried to register once and I did not get the activation email and gave another try this time things worked out !
kebabby
Year: 2020
Color: red

Post by kebabby »

Hello all,

Recently bought an ADV150 in Thailand, I'm from the UK and live here now. Just joining in as there's not many dedicated English speaking forums for this bike.
nuclearn8

Post by nuclearn8 »

Hello all. Just joined after finding the forum.
Living in Texas currently and about to purchase an ADV150 to scoot around the Lonestar state.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome Guys! :)
Great to have you on board and
congrats on your PCX and ADV150 purchases. To those of you waiting to purchase a Scoot, I say Do it! And to those waiting to take delivery, that's
Awesome!!
Remember guys, we love seeing photos so click away and show 'em off! :P
~Cheers and Happy Trails~
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
MingRidesBikes
Year: 2011
Color: Matte Black

Post by MingRidesBikes »

Aloha from Hawaiʻi!

Just picked up a new to me 2011 PCX125 today. Garage queen! Bought from the original owner who purchased it new back in 2011, and had 760 total miles on it (Already rolled it over 800 smiles after I bought it). ;)

Been riding all my life, from dirt bikes at the ripe age of 9 years old, to sport bikes, dual-sports, a few adventure bikes, and even a few Harleys. I’ve always wanted a PCX and almost bought a used 2011 when I moved to Oʻahu, but ended up with a sweet Yamaha SR400 at the time. Long story short, found one I plan to tinker with and ride for a while!

Other than bikes, I love remodeling and renovating homes. I’m also a real estate agent in the beautiful state of Hawaiʻi, so if you are ever in need of my services, let me know! :)

-Ming
Attachments
926ACBF2-026B-47C8-BF99-64CC6D24AF94.jpeg
926ACBF2-026B-47C8-BF99-64CC6D24AF94.jpeg (435.79 KiB) Viewed 124419 times
2011 Honda PCX125
Build in progress
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Nice find. Classic shape PCX in the correct colour ;)
GoHawkeyes
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze Met

Another PCX Going to a Good Home

Post by GoHawkeyes »

Greetings from Iowa to each of you! I purchased a new 2019 PCX this week and look forward to joining the rest of you on the road. Thankfully, the dealership (Hicklin Power Sports in Ames, IA) has agreed to look after her until warmer days arrive. During the day I am a professor at a community college and predominately teach business/marketing/finance courses. This is my second profession after an enjoyable 20 years within corporate America in international sales. The scooter life/experience is completely new to me and I utilized this forum extensively when deciding between a 2020 Yamaha SMAX and the PCX. The PCX was a better value and I liked the overall styling/features more. I am open to any guidance from the many "veteran" PCX users. Safe riding to each of you!
PCX 1.jpg
PCX 1.jpg (2.08 MiB) Viewed 124058 times
PCX 2.jpg
PCX 2.jpg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 124058 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Looks great. Something to look forward to.
GrahamR
Year: 2014
Color: Black

Hi from Cornwall

Post by GrahamR »

Hi All, Just introducing myself. I'm an old fart from the UK, had bikes from 16, now 69 so 18 months ago got a Forza 300. Love it. Loads of fun. I ride all year, my Aerostich Roadcrafter keeps the Cornish weather out - all good. Best suit ever, wore my first one out :). Loved BMW boxers but got too heavy for an old short ass like me, but have still got a Suzuki GSX 750 and a BMW 650 Sport scoot. For nipping around town, shopping etc the Forza is hard to beat. For longer trips the Beemer does the job a lot better in my humble opinion. And I still feel the need for a 'proper' bike ride now and then, out comes the GSX. All sorted.

Had some great bikes over the years, might list them one day, mainly Boxers and big V-Twins, loved them all.
Previous: CD175, BMW R65, K100, K100LT, K100RS, K1200RS (3), R1100RS, R1150RS, R1200BC, R1200ST (2), R1200RS Ducati ST2, ST4S, Suzuki TL1000S (2), SV1000SV, GTX1400, GSX750, Yamaha R1, Bimota YB8, Aprilia RSVR (2)
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Post by relic »

Good to hear another short ass old fart still enjoys riding.
Kind of think about it as keeping the faith
wrighty
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: White fastest!

Post by wrighty »

Hi all,

I am the proud owner of a White pcx125 from Manchester United Kingdom!

Stay safe all.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ahhh White! The very best of (non) colors! :D
We're glad you chose the right bike and We
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (15.17 KiB) Viewed 123928 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

wrighty wrote:Hi all,

I am the proud owner of a White pcx125 from Manchester United Kingdom!

Stay safe all.
Wrighty with the Whitey.
Thumper
Year: 2016
Color: Silver

Post by Thumper »

Hey all - new member from southern Ontario, Canada.

Been riding motorcycles for decades and is a part of my fabric. Been curious about scooters for about a decade, but only recently stumbled upon a '16 PCX150. I almost bought a Forza 300 back in '14, but a motorcycle got in the way. Anyway, so far having some fun riding and farkling the little beast. So far the only thing I dislike about it is getting to its innards. There is a lot of body pieces that have to come off.