My Ride Today

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

My Ride Today

Post by Old Grinner »

I wanted to take a special ride today . . . mellow on the memories of times past. It worked out great. I felt like I was granted some kind of special privilege. No close calls . . . no bummers.

Here's some photos I'd like to share. I'm sort of in the middle of my celebration . . . although it's hard to call it that . . . the guys in the trenches in WWI would have probably said "you've got the chance go for it . . . and have one for me!".

Some pics by park ponds and lakes in my local region.
100_6390a.jpg
100_6392a.jpg
100_6395a.jpg
100_6396a.jpg
And now . . . back to the early Christmas Lights and . . . yes I'd wouldn't mind being someone's hero . . . one can dream. If it ain't Dutch it ain't much as they say. :lol: :lol: :lol:

alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Re: My Ride Today

Post by alx123 »

Looks like a nice and and a very quiet place!
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Heroes don't start out wanting to be heroes. They are just ordinary people who have overcome their fear long enough to do what needed to be done. During my time in the Coast Guard none of us thought of ourselves as a hero. We just did what needed to be done when it needed to be done. We practiced constantly, and we were prepared to go out when no one else would...which we did quite often.

My greatest "gift" was the 'Thank You' I got after the job was done. Imagine pulling people off of a sinking sailboat in the middle of a storm....which I did. Would you think about being a hero during that time? No, because heroes don't see themselves as heroes.

Bottom line: If you ever become someone's hero, it will be because you didn't stop to think about becoming a hero. You just did what needed to be done when it needed to be done.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Bottom line: If you ever become someone's hero, it will be because you didn't stop to think about becoming a hero. You just did what needed to be done when it needed to be done.
Right!

Totally agree . . ..

But you did see the humor in the beer advertisement right? Sort of have to watch the reaction on the bartender's face when the guy walks away from having one more after all the preceding cheering and hoopla. :lol:

"Just did my job . . .." The mantra of the true hero. :D

And thanks again Mel for your service too . . . finest hours indeed!
P1010035a.jpg