How to hit rev limiter with 13 gram rollers? Add windscreen?

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

grndslm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Re: How to hit rev limiter with 13 gram rollers? Add windscr

Post by grndslm »

Mel46 wrote:The rollers help your "off the line" acceleration but not your topend. The variator helps your topend. The maximum I have been able to get out of mine is 10 mph over it's normal max. The PCX 150 has a general max speed of 62 - 64 mph. With the NCY setup, a Givi tall windshield, and MCG tires...as well as a belt with low miles on it... my maximum on a good day is 75 mph.
After being asked earlier whether my goal was top speed or to hit the rev limiter, I clarified that my goal is really more power (acceleration) between 70 and 75 mph.

With 15 gram rollers, I was able to hit the rev limiter fairly easily... But now with 13 gram rollers, no one can tell me when the rev limiter will activate. Perhaps 14 gram rollers would actually still allow me to reach 75 mph, but with a little quicker acceleration from 60 to 75??

Think I need to buy some 13.5 & 14 gram rollers to play around with for that reason... Just to see when the rev limiter activates.

The good news from all my new CVT parts thusfar is that I'm now getting 75 mpg when riding wide open throttle all day long. I've only gotten 70 mpg since I first bought it used, either due to the clutch slipping or the clutch bearings bring worn... Or both. But an increase in both speed and mileage, while feeling smoother all over (including more comfortable after humpectomy).... means I'm even more ecstatic about this bike than I already was. Dunno how I waited this long to open the CVT up remove the hump. If I could do it all over again, I'd just order a replacement seat that was already flat instead of perform humpectomy and add Cheeky Seats cover. I'm so in love with my PCX, tho... that I'll probly ride it till the wheels fall off. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
grndslm
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by grndslm »

Duplicate post removed ;) WN
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

Did you read Heedehcheenuh thread I posted a few posts back? I thing he is using 18g rollers?

You could try 3 13g and 3 15g to see what 14g will do. Just stager them.
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black Metallic

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

Just got to reading this. I have been working on my 2015 after I purchased it and have found that with any PCX the power/torque from 45mph- 65mph (GPS) is flat. You will not get the faster 45-65 with a stock engine. After working around the rollers (18g now in) my PCX takes it time beyond the 45mph to get to the 75mph. Take into consideration also how much tire wear (rear) vrs new tire. After I put a new stock 100-90-14 on the rear she picked back up from 70mph max to 75mph. With the NCY variator kit you gain 2-3mm more ride out on the belt. That may not seem like much but it is like adding a larger diameter gear from the drive to the driven. The short windscreen helps on the runs. It takes the wind that hits your body around your body. When the wind hits your body it is like a drag chute. I did notice a small performance with the Leo Vince exhaust for the top end. With the exhaust it let the engine flow better (no back pressure resistance). I added an extension to the Leo Vince exhaust to get the sound away from my ear and with the added extension I noticed a little more low end torque vrs with out. I will get the gears with in a year and more rollers to play with to check on a slower take off but stronger mid and top end run. This video was from earlier this year. She never hit the revlimiter and I was just doing speed runs while playing with camera setup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtBP1N5e2WE

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
2015 Honda PCX 150 (K-18)
Metallic Black
Leo Vince GP Corsa Exhaust
NCY Variator Kit and Drive Face with 18g rollers
Givi Windscreen D1136T
2 Wheels Down Head on a Swivel
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: black

Post by Gil »

My scoot hits the rev limiter at ~74 MPH. I have a windscreen and NCY Variator kit with Dr. Pulley weights. Your max speed is 74~75 MPH RPM limited, unless you change the rear final drive gear for a taller one. The top speed for my scoot is very dependant on the weather, some days I can be above 70mph some days only 68 MPH or so. Our scoot just don't have the power to cruise at those high speeds.
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
power-full
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2010
Color: preta

Post by power-full »

https://youtu.be/5ulYAoxniBk

Enviado do meu 6055K através do Tapatalk
https://www.facebook.com/sergiofininho
Pcx powerfull kit yuminashi 168cc
93000km 23.03.2022 dont stop..