Scary time of year...!

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Scary time of year...!

Post by fish »

Or worse....!
Over night rains.

This is at the bottom of a series of very steep, tight turns. Wet-leafed all the way down!

Better pay much attention to the surface...….
Lotta fun in the dark!

Be smart, and enjoy the fall day.

Take the ABS scoot, or the one with the Michelins?
Took the Michelins - not wanting wet leaf junk all under my newer scooter!

Fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Scary time of year...!

Post by Old Grinner »

Nice pics and yes the wet leaves are as bad as ice . . ..

Watch out for the deer now on those dawn rides. T'is the season. :roll:
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Old Grinner wrote:Nice pics and yes the wet leaves are as bad as ice . . ..

Watch out for the deer now on those dawn rides. T'is the season. :roll:
Will be sure to post if/when deer and I have a meeting.
I see deer a few times every week, all year long.
If I needed to ride much above 30 mph I'd buy a motorcycle and take different, major, routes.
The deer are much less of a concern for me than are the two-legged Ohioans - which is a large reason I ride while they are still home drinking, texting and playing with their guns.
Usually there isn't time to get the camera out!
Fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

The deer are much less of a concern for me than are the two-legged Ohioans - which is a large reason I ride while they are still home drinking, texting and playing with their guns.
A few nights ago on my way home I came over a rise into a dip and a full grown Doe was planked right in the middle of it. I usually take it easy on that road in the deer crossing areas so I was kind of "on the ready" for a surprise anyways. It bounded off when I switched to low beam and yelled at it. . .. There was another time I thought I saw something moving in the "shadows" but I can't confirm. :lol:

I was almost thinking about starting a thread here about how many times in the course of a day's rides someone suffered from poor decision making or ignorance by other drivers. No story necessary . . . just post a number. Like if you got cut off, cheated on your turn at a 4-way, and passed in a no passing zone that would count as a "3" for the day. It would be interesting to see how often the average rider across the globe gets screwed each day they are on their scooter or bike. Cars don't count. It has to be on scooters or bikes only and only on days you ride. And you can post a "0" too but others will be jealous.

If it's a really honkin bad scene and worth sharing a story then by all means write on . . .. It could be therapeutic. And as they say Misery loves company. :lol:

Just my two cents. o_O
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Post by relic »

For me Annis Wilkes is one the scariest characters of all time, along with the twins in the Shining and of course Norman Bates.
Happy Halloween.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Yesterday while I was out riding the following happened:

We were at a stop light, in the left turn lane waiting for the light to change. There were two cars ahead of me. The lead car was one of those older huge Cadillacs, driven by a little old lady whose head did not come above the steering wheel. The vehicle behind it was a Lexus SUV.

The side traffic had the right-of-way and could only go left or right.

The Cadillac waited till there was a opening between turning cars, and then she proceeded to turn left! Keep in mind that the other traffic he the right-of-way. Just before the Cadillac made the turn, the Lexus went between it and the cement median and did a U-turn! As I said, the side traffic had the right-of-way.

Two cars, trying to beat the light, raced to the light, one turning left and one turning right. Both had to slam on their brakes because of the Cadillac in one case and the Lexus in the other. The one that was cut off by the Lexus blew his horn . The reply back was that the Lexus driver gave him the finger.

As for the Cadillac driver, she seemed oblivious to any traffic at all. After turning left in front of other cars she turned left again into a shopping center, right in front of oncoming cars!

How many points do I get for that kind of a day? I just held back until those cars were well on their way. I didn't want to be collateral damage.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

How many points do I get for that kind of a day? I just held back until those cars were well on their way. I didn't want to be collateral damage.
I detect "5".

Granted the problems seemed to be between the two cars in front of you and the two racing to the light. But if they did collide it's possible you could have suffered collateral damage or become a casualty.

I counted 2 for the Cady, 1 for SUV, and 1 each for those racing to the light that proceeded right and left.

Parts fly off cars during a collision and deflected vehicles move in random directions or roll.

Being close enough to witness it all happening and feeling the anxiety of impending doom I consider them all confirmed foul ups.

It's like if you hear thunder in a storm you are close enough to be struck by lightening . . ..

Your Honor, I rest my case . . .. :geek:

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Dang! After looking at that video I can say that there are some really stupid people out there!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Dang! After looking at that video I can say that there are some really stupid people out there!
Last Saturday I had a "2".

Both at 4-way intersections.

On one I gave someone a break and let them go ahead of me and for my kindness they flipped me off and yelled out "your an effin dummy" through an open window as they whizzed by . . .. I think they had been eating too much candy or just got fired from a job or something. Definitely weird person.

The other one, I had to lurch over the white line to give a guy behind me room to stop before he collided. The light was turning red and he must of thought I was going to push it and was suddenly surprised when he saw me stop. I had an oncoming car to deal with also and wasn't going to turn left in front of him . . . t'was safer to just stop.

These days I expect anything on the road 24/7. I wonder if it's busy out in Oklahoma, where the deer and the antelope play, and seldom is heard a discouraging word, and the roads are not crazy all day. :lol:
riding@100mpg
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by riding@100mpg »

I too also have those hazards. great little piece there. I almost went for the kymco but ended up finding a pcx used at a very reasonable price. very close call though. good pics.
halluinoid
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: blue

Post by halluinoid »

love the pic of the deer, thats good :P

and talking of close calls I have had a few this year for sure o_O but not on the Forza which I got 5 days ago, so plenty of time yet!

@riding@100mpg how are you getting on with the PCX? any leaves to contend with? :D
2018 Honda Forza 300cc