Forza Needs New Tires.

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

pullin_gs
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Forza Needs New Tires.

Post by pullin_gs »

I've been off the boards for a while.
What tire vendor/product options (stock sizes) available nowadays?
13K miles on bike.....front tire is done. On second OEM rear which is done as well.
Thanks
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Re: Forza Needs New Tires.

Post by 87112 »

Is this for the 1st gen? If its 1st gen rear size is 140 70 13 which no one makes except for Pirelli who offers the Angel Tire in that size and that is what I have. For the front you have many choices. I suggest a matching front and rear because manufacturers design tires to work best in pairs. I am a hugh fan of the Diablo tires except the new Diablo Rosso is not made in stock rear size but one up.
:geek:
pullin_gs
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pullin_gs »

Yes, Gen1 2014. Rear size in owners manual is 140/70-13
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Bridgestone Battlax SC (bias)
Bridgestone Hoop B02
Dunlop Scootsmart
Pirelli Angel SC
All available in the correct size.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Or Michelin CityGrip or Heidenau K66 in slightly bigger rear, factory size front. Also Michelin Power Pure.

I liked the CityGrip the best. The K66 was great for my trip to the Yukon. The Power Pure was a good road only tire.

I ride gravel on my Forza so I might go K66 again.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

I think it is correct that now only the Angel is avail. in the USA in the correct stock size.
I ran in to this years ago with a destroyed rear on my Forza - none in the USA at that time!
What the heck - Honda!?
Had to go one size up in width.
Fish
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Scootsmart, Battlax and Angel all readily available in the UK.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
pullin_gs
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pullin_gs »

Thanks all.....ordered a set of Angels for $116 delivered. I hope they hold up well.
Will be installing them myself. I'll open another thread shortly when I kick off that challenge.
PS: I hate changing tires....will need to upgrade my irons for this job.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I had a cheap ebay iron set but they bent when I put a lot of pressure on them so I went and bought a MotionPro set that were way stronger.

https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0536

Expensive yes.

I am not very good at changing tires and I also don't care if I scrape the black paint off my wheels.

My Heidenau and CityGrip tires are hard to change and hard to get seated. My last rear Heidenau would not seat. I took it mostly off and started again. I got it in 10 seconds on the second try. Spent an hour on the first try.

11 years ago I won a rear Pirelli SL-60 at a motorcycle show which was put on my Yamaha BWS 49cc scooter. I had no problems with the tire but the dealer charged me $108 for installation.

The Angel looks like it could be a good all round tire. I bet it would be even good on gravel. Although it depends on the skill of the rider. I am not that good even though I have several hundred kilometers of experience. But I am good enough.
pullin_gs
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pullin_gs »

Got my tires, and changed front myself.
Pain-in-the-ass job, but doable.
Will do the rear in a about 1000 more miles.
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

I now have a matching set of Angles on. I find if I set them 2 pds lower psi front and rear than 25/28 to offer best blend of handling and comfort. I think these Angels take a while to feel fully scurbed in and ready to rail in the corners. The Diablos gave ultimate grip but they cost too much.
:geek:
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I say we sue the tire manufactures for making tires that don't last. My car tires last forever. And don't give me bs about making them sticky. They can make good tires that last a long time. F1 goes through this bs all the time.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

I have Mich city on front and Pirelli Angel on rear..No problems and seem smoother,and quieter .Factory specified sizes.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I have worn out my Michelin City Grip II Mud and Snow tire on my @014 Honda Forza 300.

I got 13808 km out of the tire.

I am right through the tread layer in one spot but still have the wear bars 180 degrees from there. I suspect that the tire was not made perfectly.

I kept looking at the tire on the bike but when I sat down to turned it around I saw the uneven layers.

I have bought a few tires from Fortnine in Montreal, Quebec, Canada a few times. None of the shops around here stock scooter tires.

I have ordered a Shinko SR568 Rear Scooter Tire 140/60-13. Not the factory size but will make an interesting experiment if I can get it on.

I have 24,189 km out of the front Heidenau K66. It is due for a change. If the Shinko works I will get a Shinko SR567 120/70-14 for the front.

COVID is slowing things down, I am WAITING.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Still waiting. Fortnine is about 4425 km from my house. It has been 269 hours. Or it is effectively moving at 16 kmph or 10 miles per hour. I expect it to take another week.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

In preparation for my new rear tire I put on a new Chinese belt to replace my temporary belt from when my previous belt exploded.

The temporary old belt had about 27,000 km on it when it got replaced. I put an extra 10,000 km on it.

It was working OK but I did not want to be in the middle of nowhere sharing a sandwich with a grizzly bear when it exploded.

I did a test ride, it seems to work. Now I wait for my tire, another week probably.

I wish I was rich enough to buy a spare as well. Poverty sucks.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

My Shinko SR568 Rear Scooter Tire 140/60-13 tire arrived this afternoon and I installed it. The very short 60 series sidewall had me a bit worried but lots of KY Jelly and my Motion Pro BeadPro FS (Forged Steel) 16 inch tire irons got the job done.

The tire seated OK as well.

I greased up the brake caliper and put in my new TongTong Trading Co brake pads.

I had previously installed a new belt.

I just had time for a short test ride. I went around Hope Airport to make sure everything worked properly. I then headed up to Ferabee Slide on the TransCanada Highway to look at the massive boulder that came down (about 8 ft by 8 by 8).

On the way up I tried to go as fast as I could. It felt like the clutch was slipping but then I looked at the tach and I was at redline. I was going 130 kmph (80 mph).

With the 150/70-13 Michelins I almost never hit the rev limiter. I am not sure if it is the new tires or the new belt but I can easily hit redline now.

I need to re-calibrate my speedometer with a GPS.
canthai
Regular User
Regular User

Post by canthai »

Tire revolutions per mile -
140/60-13 - 1028
150/70-13 - 948
8.4% difference
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Tire was delivered on 6 April 2021 or about 13 days from when ordered. 4425 km to Fortnine in Montreal. The effective speed was 14 kmph or just 9 mph!!!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I went out today to do GPS tests with my Shinko SR568 Rear Scooter Tire 140/60-13

The smaller 60 series tire makes a difference.

Speedo (km) GPS (km)
60 55
80 71
100 90
120 108
130 (redline) 117

So now I have to go faster not to annoy people behind me. Actually, I just pull over and let them go. Everyone speeds quite a lot around here.