It's Raining......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Re: It's Raining......

Post by JohnL »

What is snow? I'm sitting in my study in shorts and polo shirt, door wide open, listening to the parakeets and other birds in my back garden. Top temp expected today of 79f, maybe some showers later. Not really bragging, I feel for you members in colder climes. I'll think of you all when I go far a ride later today, and celebrate my good luck. :( :D
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

I used to love snow up until about age 50 and now despise it. Luckily, we don't typically see much here. I do want at least one good snow a winter and to live where there are all four seasons but a mild winter. One warm season all year round isn't necessarily good either.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

@tbln930 - Where is here?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

JohnL that sounds loverly, and I'd love me a parakeet, in or out of a cage. Mine were adorable. Broke my heart when their wee lives ended. Your weather IS A TREAT!

Nothing more to add other than....
It's March 1st and in the 20 degree range. Our Snow shall commence shortly. Sigh, Boring
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

WhiteNoise wrote:JohnL that sounds loverly, and I'd love me a parakeet, in or out of a cage. Mine were adorable. Broke my heart when their wee lives ended. Your weather IS A TREAT!
We feed the wild parakeets (rainbow lorikeets) and usually have about 30 - 50 arrive each morning, and again in the afternoon. Very noisy, but it's a lot of fun. We also feed a couple of white cockatoos. They land on our back garden wall and squark at us if we don't notice them. :D :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

JohnL wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:JohnL that sounds loverly, and I'd love me a parakeet, in or out of a cage. Mine were adorable. Broke my heart when their wee lives ended. Your weather IS A TREAT!
We feed the wild parakeets (rainbow lorikeets) and usually have about 30 - 50 arrive each morning, and again in the afternoon. Very noisy, but it's a lot of fun. We also feed a couple of white cockatoos. They land on our back garden wall and squark at us if we don't notice them. :D :D

GN2 is fond of a cockatoo :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

JohnL, you have the life!! Tis a vacation where you sit! For and with the Birds! What a colorful view. Love It!! (Has to ask, what about all the poopie they do? Are they messing up yer yard? Does Bird patrol follow-up with budgie pooper-scoopers? :lol:

Back to weather or whether not to mention weather: :x

"I'm just sittin' here resting my bones,
cause this lousy snow won't leave me alone
Watching the flakes come down
As I watch them block me in again
I'm just sittin' in the morning snow
Wasting time....
Looks like nothin's gonna change
Everything still remains the same
I can't shovel even one more time
So I guess I'll remain the same, yes
Sittin' here resting my bones
Till this lousy snow leaves me alone
Wasting scooter time" :cry:

I wish it were "The Dock of the Bay"

Started snowing again at 3:30am and it will continue (forecasters say) till 7pm this eve
I'm thrilled! NOT! Predicting 10 more inches of this Whiteshite!
(Photo will follow soon)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) Snow shades 8)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

It is worse than my photo reveals.
A Delta Plane landed earlier today at New York's LaGuardia Airport and slid it's way over the berm intended to keep planes from going in the Bay (water). It's one of the shortest of runways built. Scary even on a Nice Day. Minor injuries to passengers, but it was frightening to all.
.....and That's How Bad it is here, today.

It's 5:33pm Icy and Still snowing and the plow has been in the community all day long. Here he comes again. (Pic taken 2 hours ago)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (492.83 KiB) Viewed 1718 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

o_O It's 51F here!! :P Big Yellow ball is up above and I'm in Love!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Nope, not raining. That comes tonight.
vv Bizarre vv
Woke up to 5 1/2" of (more) snow. It's the first day of Spring for Shitey Sakes! I''ll be shoveling again :x This better be the last of it!!!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^^ Dang! Forgot to add this! vvv
Attachments
IMG_437426784521.jpeg
IMG_437426784521.jpeg (73.71 KiB) Viewed 1657 times
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Just got back from a lunch time scooter ride 35 miles. 72 here while 300 miles north of here they got 8" of snow last night. What a difference it makes.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wow! 72 degrees? That's perfect! Me too.... :roll: I wanna ride! Get rid of this snow, the cold temps and sand! Moving just might be easier. But, where too? :roll: News tonight announced best places to live. I caught just a piece of that. I heard Colorado. BURR! Too freaking cold! But.....it's beautiful.
So, where else did they say?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Been snowing today since dawn and it still is. Best part? It's melting as soon as it touches a surface. No shoveling! Hip hip!
And....a Robin just flew by. Spring is in the air
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

It's Saturday. No rain, no snow, no ice, sleet or hail. Sun is bright, sky is blue but it's W I N D Y as all get out! 45-50 mph non-stop gusts. Sand on the roads is airborne.
My thoughts about riding today have now gone over to Bicycle Shopping. Yeah, I'll go catch up on what's new and their high price tags. Instead of hanging out with Big Bikers, I'll hang out with the peddling kids! (I'll fit right in....no worries) :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (25.5 KiB) Viewed 1600 times
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

Got windy around here too today. Hoping to get out on my new bike. Want to wait until it's warm enough that I don't have to wear mittens like I do with my scoot.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Steph, did you see the new Color for the 2015 CTX700? It's Gray Blue Metallic 8) Oh! My!
Have you posted any pics of your new bikes? Did you get to ride them yet?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (202.66 KiB) Viewed 1583 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

It's is. Raining. Heavy. Winds @ 40+
We had a taste of Spring for a few days. Now back to the wet. Been at Two-three nice days out of 7. Pollen is bad. Not like yours Mel (which is awful, wear a mask if you have allergies), but we will have the same coating in a week maybe two. I'm taking over the counter meds already. Never had allergies a kid :|
And......your neck of the woods? Got Flowers?
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

We had tornadoes and hail the size of quarters yesterday! The chaos washed away all the pollen, and the air is crisp, clear, and clean. I rode my PCX to work today, it was a great ride. I can't wait to ride home. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes