Will the Price of Gasoline/Oil Products Rise?

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Will the Price of Gasoline/Oil Products Rise?

Post by Old Grinner »

More scooter stuff. A ton of fun on pints of gas. 8)

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have so much gas in my scooter now that I need to burn some off. I think I will put some of my empty gas cans on it and get some gas. That way other drivers at the gas station won't feel so bad when they look at the money leaving their pockets and going into their big SUVs. :lol:
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I have so much gas in my scooter now that I need to burn some off. I think I will put some of my empty gas cans on it and get some gas. That way other drivers at the gas station won't feel so bad when they look at the money leaving their pockets and going into their big SUVs. :lol:
I seldom fill up my scooters at the gas station . . . just the bikes. But I have carried my 2 gallon can on my Zuma a few times with a line attached to the grocery hook. Just have to be careful on the bumps. I know what you mean about the reaction of other drivers at the pumps. They seem astonished at how I can fill up the scoot and gas can and leave them still standing there filling up their SUVs. Not that it's a bad thing but 20 gallons a whack now is a lot of coin for those who are struggling to make ends meet.

Using gas cans allows me more control when topping off the scoots . . . it's a slower pour . . . and I can angle the machines to the sun so as to better see how full they're getting. Since the lawn mowers and snow blower burn the same gas . . . 87 Octane (91 RON) . . . I'm good for go. That said I always make sure the gas cans have been treated with Startron fuel additive.

I have used gas cans to top off the bikes now and then but with the bigger gas tanks they are easier to fill at the gas station. 8)
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Post by Ganglylamb »

Mel46 wrote:Well, I filled my little PCX today and the price of fuel has gone up 25 cents per gallon overnight. I would say that the price of fuel is going to go up. It was almost a hardship to fill that big old tank...1.31 gallons. Even at $2.69/gal it was just about pocket change to fill my PCX (if $3.54 is considered pocket change).
Google calculated for me that $2.69/gal is only 0.64 €/liter. If that is true, that is insanely cheap. Here the price is currently around 1.3€/liter according to google that makes ~$5.43/gal.
I knew that oil products were cheaper in the US but literally did not have a clue it was that cheap o_O .

Driving a pcx in the US would make my wallet even more happier than driving it around here :lol: - but then again, driving a pcx anyhow, anywhere is fun! No matter what :).
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Where I live doesn't even have the cheapest prices on gas. Imagine 30 cents per gallon less and you will be close to the cheapest prices. Heck, even within a mile or two of my house we have seen prices that are 10 cents a gallon cheaper.

For those of you who are not familiar with the word "cents", try these figures:

Instead of $2.69/gal, how about $2.59/gal within two miles of my house
Instead of $2.69/gal, how about $2.39/gal in states around us. Not quite worth a ride to the next state, but if I am riding or driving there for some reason, I would definitely fill up. :lol: :ugeek:
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

i mix my own gas for my bikes i use a 32 ounce powerade bottle i put a little sea foam in first then fill it with gas my bikes only use about 32 ounces of gas a day.
jburner
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX
Color: Black

Post by jburner »

Mel46 wrote:Where I live doesn't even have the cheapest prices on gas. Imagine 30 cents per gallon less and you will be close to the cheapest prices. Heck, even within a mile or two of my house we have seen prices that are 10 cents a gallon cheaper.

For those of you who are not familiar with the word "cents", try these figures:

Instead of $2.69/gal, how about $2.59/gal within two miles of my house
Instead of $2.69/gal, how about $2.39/gal in states around us. Not quite worth a ride to the next state, but if I am riding or driving there for some reason, I would definitely fill up. :lol: :ugeek:
We have the same situation here. Within 25 miles either north or south of us gas is usually .20 cheaper than locally. So I bring my gas cans every time I go there and fill them up. People always look at me funny like I'm taking out my boat (which I don't have) or something. I just smile as I'm gradually saving up little by little. But when you bring home almost 20 gallons - $4 savings each time adds up quickly. And that's not even including the savings riding the scoot.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Pretty much certain to as, all things being equal, any given currency will devalue due to inflation over time.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

US citizens pay health care costs.. I don't think Belgium does.
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Post by Ganglylamb »

easyrider wrote:US citizens pay health care costs.. I don't think Belgium does.
We do pay health care but it is based on a social thing - everyone pays some and the more you earn the more you pay (which is basically trough taxes - my rate atm. is 45% of my gross income, of course only a small amount goes to health care). Anyhow this type of system is designed so that everyone can get affordable health care. It is quite a complex system and is not fail safe.

Just like this one family who just had to raise a whopping 1.9 million euro (for a single shot of medicine o_O)a couple of days ago to give their baby a fighting chance just because some big companies decide that a cure they found which was funded partially through public money had to bring in the big money because there is a small market for it ( https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-4 ... ow_twitter ).

I am happy with where I live and how - I know firsthand I have a good life as I have seen how things are for example in west africa (did voluntary work there for more then a year); but the way world economics work keeps surprising me every other day.
On the oil prices, I guess it is quite cheap in the US because they are producing a lot of oil.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

There was a story on our news yesterday that went something like this:

An illegal immigrant and his family snuck into the United States several years ago. They dont pay any taxes but do get public assistance. Their children were not born here, yet now one of them is sick. The Immigration Enforcement people determined that they were here illegally so they want to send them back where they came from. They a retained an attorney and believe that since their child is sick, they should be allowed free treatment and they should not be deported.

Hmmm...to that I suggest that we bring all of India over to the border, let them rush the border, and if they get past the border guards they should be given free everything. After all, with that kind of thinking EVERYONE should be able to use our resources for free, right?

Well, enough on that. Gas prices do whatever the oil companies want. If their profits are low, create a shortage. Simple enough.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: WHITE

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

Mel46 wrote: My wife and I comment all the time about these blonde, bimbo housewives with 2 kids driving around with the biggest SUV their husband could buy for them. They need them for what exactly?? You know, you can move your kids around in a much much smaller vehicle. People do it all the time.
I will be more direct. People who drive gas guzzlers, are guilty of environmental crime. No less!
We are polluting the oceans, the atmosphere and killing trees. The amount of oil is finite and every liter burnt, contributes to destabilizing the environment.

Engine exhaust gases are very carcinogenic. The more your vehicle exhausts, the more you are involved in causing people cancer.

Shame on all the greedy people who drive unnecessarily large vehicles for their selfish reasons with gross disregard to the environment, health of others and future generations.

https://sciencing.com/effects-car-pollu ... 23581.html
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wipes brow, says Wow and moves on.

I drive a Ridgeline since 2006. I presently have 48,500 miles on the odometer (I rounded that up).
It's said most driver's put 12,000 - 15,000 miles per year on their vehicles in the U.S.A.

Knowing this and following this topic + feeling a weee bit guilty I decided to calculate my numbers. Using the 12,000 per yr. mileage est. divided by 14 years I'm putting on a whopping 4,042 mi/per/yr. on my truck :o
@ 15,000 est.per yr., that puts me @ 3,233 mi/per/yr :o :o
Secret out, you Now know how little I drive.

My truck holds 22 gallons but I always top off at the 1/2 mark. I am Never out of gas or "filling up" an empty tank. This has been my practice with every vehicle I've owned. Thanks to Dad saying, "always top off when the needle falls 1/2 way. You'll have less room for moisture, spend less and you'll always be on the ready for whatever." Wow! That made so much sense to me, even at 17 yrs of age! Cheers to you Dad, still doing it!

Yesterday, Sat. 9/21/19 with truck @ the half mark, I drove to Valero Gas Station.
I pumped in 92 octane (Honda states unleaded 87 or higher). Now that she's up in age She deserves better. In return she runs better and quieter too.

Getting back to yesterday, I expected to pay more per gallon (and remember it was Saturday) instead I paid 10 cents a gal LESS than my last fill up (that was $2.99.9).
I Pumped in 92 oct @ $2.89.9 gal X 11 gals. That cost me $31.89 to "top off" the other 1/2 of the tank.

FYI: I'm usually at the station once a month, sometimes twice. If I went twice in a month, that would account for just 1 full Fill Up (22 gals worth).
So guys, how am I doing? Should I feel guily driving miss daisy? Right this moment, I don't :)

P.S. Every 6 months (religiously) I pour in a full can of Sea-foam. Been doing that for the past 8 years.
I swear as she ages she runs like the devil! Peppier than the day of arrival. What a hoot!

This, My input on the rise of Petrol: Not today peeps, not today 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Thanks to Dad saying, "always top off when the needle falls 1/2 way. You'll have less room for moisture, spend less and you'll always be on the ready for whatever.
I always got that message too . . ..

It's a way to reduce the possibility of rust in the tank as well.

Just have to make sure the vehicle gets run and doesn't sit for too long.

When you find cob webs in your vehicle you know it's had more than enough rest. :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I was around when we had several gas shortages, so I have learned to fill up when the gauge says 1/2. Ever since that first big shortage in the '70s it has been a habit. My wife has learned how important it is as well, so every time we go anywhere in the car we both look at the gas gauge as soon as we start the engine.

I knew someone once whose wife did NOT believe in filling up when half full, and the husband invariably was the one who had to walk to the gas station. That does get old.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

I lease my car so I’m not worried about trying to make it last forever, or rust in the gas tank etc. etc. But in hurricane season , starting around August 1, I always keep a full tank until the season is over in December.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Jge64 wrote:I lease my car so I’m not worried about trying to make it last forever, or rust in the gas tank etc. etc. But in hurricane season , starting around August 1, I always keep a full tank until the season is over in December.
That’s all a credit to you.

Nothing else to see, nothing else to think about.