Will the Price of Gasoline/Oil Products Rise?

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Will the Price of Gasoline/Oil Products Rise?

Post by Old Grinner »

I've got a hunch that the price of gas is going up in the not too distant future based on current events in the Middle East.

But then again what do I know . . ..

That said I'll just continue to move around on 2 wheels and use my cage as a bad weather "backup" or small utility platform when 2 wheels won't do. ;)
100_5442a.jpg
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Will the Price of Gasoline/Oil Products Rise?

Post by Mel46 »

Well, the price is constantly going up on weekends and then back down during the week, so how would we know when it goes up because of shortages. My solution to the coming shortages (and it will come eventually) is not only my PCX, but also my 4 cylinder car.

This area probably has more SUVs and pickup trucks than any where in the United States. My wife and I comment all the time about these blonde, bimbo housewives with 2 kids driving around with the biggest SUV their husband could buy for them. They need them for what exactly?? You know, you can move your kids around in a much much smaller vehicle. People do it all the time.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Well, the price is constantly going up on weekends and then back down during the week, so how would we know when it goes up because of shortages. My solution to the coming shortages (and it will come eventually) is not only my PCX, but also my 4 cylinder car.

This area probably has more SUVs and pickup trucks than any where in the United States. My wife and I comment all the time about these blonde, bimbo housewives with 2 kids driving around with the biggest SUV their husband could buy for them. They need them for what exactly?? You know, you can move your kids around in a much much smaller vehicle. People do it all the time.
When resources get scarce things get weird. :roll:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:( I believe so, everything else does.

OldG I'm feeling a bit guilty here. I've been driving my Ridgeline since '06 and never regretted the purchase. I test drove the comeback Honda Passport several weeks ago and liked it. A lot. I may "make that change" from truck to (that?) suv. I like the smaller suv's too - Kona, etc. But I'm use to the wider platform of a bigger vehicle. Before the Ridgeline I had an Explorer and years before that a Jeep.
Had small too - VW bug, Civic and every size in between. If asked, yes I would buy most of them again - some with More HP!
I know, I know....gas guzzler's. Pleeze Don't yell at me, it's in my baby-boomer blood! Ya can't take the zoom out of us boom-er's 8) (well.......may-be).

To Sell or Not to sell? I believe it's time. Whatever I choose, it will Probably be my forever vehicle(?) Wahhh....
So for moi, should be roomy, comfortable, PePPy and......looking Fine :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
ChuckD
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by ChuckD »

All the more reason to ride the steeds we ride...
I try really hard no to be smug when I brag to unlookers: 115 miles per gallon, no matter how I ride!
Attachments
(not my plane)
(not my plane)
P1100864.jpg (389.98 KiB) Viewed 1335 times
2017 PCX150
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

OldG I'm feeling a bit guilty here.
WN - I know what you mean . . ..
I try really hard no to be smug when I brag to unlookers: 115 miles per gallon, no matter how I ride!
Nice plane BTW. One of my daughters flies a lot on commercial airliners and feels safer on those than in a car. 8)

IMHO Generally Speaking:

I've had my 6 passenger cars and trucks and Jeep and the list goes on as well . . .. But for my last one I bought the smallest car Honda makes because I wanted to be prepared for the future. It "is" my last car. But I like it a lot and it makes me grin and will pull a utility trailer, has air conditioning, and an awesome sound system so I'm good. Oh . . . and I can regularly average 40 MPG or more. :D

A lot has changed in a short time . . . the last 50 years. For those that could afford stuff we've had a good run. And now it's getting late and the party is thinning out and getting ready to move on.

I still feel 18 but I don't look like it in the mirror any more. :lol:

So Nature wins at the end of the day and when she speaks I think it's a good idea to listen attentively. You know how it is when you don't pay attention to a Lady when she's talking to you . . . she can be upset and that's not a good time. :? o_O :lol:

We all seem to be caught somewhere between a rock and a hard place right now and it's painful to change. The best changes I think we can make should be those that cooperate with the Nature. Even our choices in food can make a huge impact on the environment. :geek:

Just my two cents. If I had 3 more I could get a real good candy bar!!! :lol:

Save the planet . . . ride on two wheels (whenever possible)! ;)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

When we purchased our current car back in 2008, we had a small SUV as well. It was a very nice Hyundai Santa Fe limited, and our car is a Hyundai Sonata limited. We bought them because of the warranty, and we never regretted it.

Then some 'kid' got a used BMW with a V8 in it from his mommy and wanted to see how fast it would go between lights in front of our subdivision. Guess what? It can hit 75 mph, but stopping it is a different story. He hit my SUV so hard units side that my little Santa Fe did several complete circles before coming to rest close to the sidewalk. Then the kid jumped out of his car and started yelling that I got in his way, and that his mother just gave him that car...poor Gen X. Traffic got in his way. That street in front of our subdivision is a 45 mph zone.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

All the more reason to ride the steeds we ride...
Hey Chuck D - Where did you get that seat cover for the PCX? Is it a "Zento Deals" or "Zone Tech"?

It kind of looks like a "cut down" version of a beaded car seat. Does it work well? Any problems with it coming loose or falling apart? Work OK in the rain or if it gets wet from sitting out in the elements?

Did it solve any comfort issues you had with the stock PCX seat?

I've used "Saddle Gel" seat pads (from Saddlemen) in the past on my KLR and Suzuki GSF1200S with some degree of improved comfort for day long rides. The original type, like I have, worked better with flat seats such as on my KLR. But on my Suzuki I have a Corbin saddle and I tried cutting the pad to better fit on top of the dished out contour with not so great results. :?

Anyhow here's a link to their website . . .. :geek:

https://www.saddlemen.com/motorcycle-se ... ?limit=100
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Then some 'kid' got a used BMW with a V8 in it from his mommy and wanted to see how fast it would go between lights in front of our subdivision.
Thank the "Force" Mel you are alive to share that story with us today. Wow. . ..

Every time I see ignorance and stupidity on the road I keep saying to myself I'm not alone and the idiots are everywhere. No sense getting upset. Just another day in the life of a biker/scooter rider. :)

One nice thing about this forum is you get to hear what others have to say about the traffic on their side of the planet. Sort of helps to listen to their opinions and stories and get some good riding tips! ;)
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: Will the PriceAfter this sorr of Gasoline/Oil Products R

Post by Jge64 »

After the Saudi oil refinery attack, everything is going to change… This is real serious shit......Be glad you’re going to be on a scooter.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
ChuckD

Post by ChuckD »

Old Grinner,
In days of yore, I had an official BeadRider seat for my motorcycles... and I loved it! But it was pricey. (Something like $60 US.)

So I bought this one for the PCX... and it's every bit as effective.
Before Butt: ummm, the PCX seat is gonna break me.
After Butt: oh, yeah... that's right! Let's ride!

This is the second-best $12 I've ever spent (don't ask what's first):
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

peace
2017 PCX150
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I often wondered if those bead seats would work on a scooter. If you think about it, the seat is set up to keep you from sliding forward when you stop. I always wondered if the beads would "keep you rolling" as your bike stopped. I guess not, from what you are saying. Worth a look then. I have a gel cushion that I use. I wonder if the bead cushion would be any better.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Only 5% of the worlds supply is affected , but it will give the oil companies a reason to raise prices... Hang on things could get worse if our locked and loaded rocket man pushes the button. Scooters could be our saviour.
ChuckD

Post by ChuckD »

Mel46,
I really love the bead seats... and experience no sliding forward.
I thought about going gel, but I'd had bead seats on other bikes in the past.
My can still thanks me!
2017 PCX150
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

This is the second-best $12 I've ever spent (don't ask what's first):
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

peace
Thanks!

Got it bookmarked. :D
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I heard gas will be going up very soon anywhere from a dime to a quarter a gallon.

Evidently California relies more on oil imports from the Middle East so they will be paying on the heavy side . . ..

Domestic oil will go up anyways just due to market conditions.

It's a real shame to think of all the oil in history that's been wasted going up in smoke or lost at sea due to war and strife.

Something from the 60's . . . a time to reflect. It's a good day to ride. 8)

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

As an added note to the above post "Almost Cut My Hair" was recorded on January 9th, 1970 . . .. :roll:

And here is a lead up to the 40th Anniversary of Quadrophenia celebration earlier this year. Filmed in 1979 . . . not that long after the oil shortage of the '70s. :D

Brice
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by Brice »

I never even knew there was a movie Quadrophenia, though I knew The Who album, so i looked it up.

From IMDb:
Quadrophenia (1979)
R | 2h | Drama, Music | 2 November 1979 (USA)
Jimmy loathes his job and parents. He seeks solace with his mod clique, scooter riding and drugs, only to be disappointed.

Disappointed in scooter riding? Please say it isn't so!!!

And not to be a dumb Yank (honestly is there any other kind? :lol: )...I watched the trailer but my American ears could not understand a durn word or what it meant and I regularly watch the BBC with subtitles . :ugeek:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Well, I filled my little PCX today and the price of fuel has gone up 25 cents per gallon overnight. I would say that the price of fuel is going to go up. It was almost a hardship to fill that big old tank...1.31 gallons. Even at $2.69/gal it was just about pocket change to fill my PCX (if $3.54 is considered pocket change).
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Well, I filled my little PCX today and the price of fuel has gone up 25 cents per gallon overnight. I would say that the price of fuel is going to go up. It was almost a hardship to fill that big old tank...1.31 gallons. Even at $2.69/gal it was just about pocket change to fill my PCX (if $3.54 is considered pocket change).
Try not to grin!

Relief is actually spelled "S_C_O_O_T_E_R". :lol:

Don't need any Rolaids after that visit to the gas station. ;)