For those of you who have "Cheeky Seats" seat covers....

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

luciddream2
Year: 2013
Color: RED

For those of you who have "Cheeky Seats" seat covers....

Post by luciddream2 »

I'm considering doing the humpectomy and buying a "Cheeky Seats" seat cover for my 2013 PCX. I'm short, only 5'1" and I'm afraid the addition of a seat cover is going to raise the seat height. It's already higher than I would like, but I just don't like the slippery leather feel of the original seat, or the look of it, not to mention the uncomfortable hump. Any thoughts?
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Re: For those of you who have "Cheeky Seats" seat covers....

Post by Limey »

It will only raise the seat height by the thickness of the material. Probably less than 1/4". I don't notice any difference on mine. I just love it. A very high quality product. Been on the bike for 2 years now.
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

I bought the cheapest Cheeky Seat for my 11 PCX125. It added nothing to the height that I could feel at all.
:geek:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome aboard our forum(s)!! I understand your discomfort and concerns. I'm sure Not being able to flat-foot is an issue too. It just feels so much "safer" to put your flat feet on the ground - especially to/for newer riders.

No, I do not have a cheeky seat cover but I have heard and read so many Great things about Suzy and her products. So I'm a "go" on doing that! Sure it will raise you a tad, how could it not? But minimally.
I would go for it and then of course....Show it off to Us :P

Height:
I'm just shy of 5'5". Sitting on scoot with reg shoes/sneakers my feet are 3/4 of touching on level ground. But, I always wear specific Daytona Cycle boots. They have an "inner (removable) lift" and thicker, stickier raised heels 'n soles. o_O Nooo, not like stilts! Lol. This lifting makes Quite a Difference in elongating my legs - I'd say by 2". With my height plus wearing these boots I go beyond being flatfooted. My knees are bended > now, with too much bend. Oh well.
My seat I exchanged for an aftermarket one. I sit lower with it (another 1/2 - 1" lower). Some storage space was lost. No biggie to me. Butt slipping is about the same, maybe a bit better.
Point is, My flat footing issues of yesterday, are long gone and I'm ready to ride my PCX or another feeling safe and confident. Makes for a Happy Ride Every Ride :P

You're 5'1" riding with a slippery" stock seat height @ 29.9" on your 2013. A Cheeky Seat cover made with the proper fabric should help.
So, what can be done to lower your scoot? Rather, make your legs longer? o_O To flatfoot?
Boots! "Lifting, Protective" Hand made, (and waterproof) Daytona Boots. They'll make ya taller too :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

WhiteNoise wrote:Welcome aboard our forum(s)!! I understand your discomfort and concerns. I'm sure Not being able to flat-foot is an issue too. It just feels so much "safer" to put your flat feet on the ground - especially to/for newer riders.

No, I do not have a cheeky seat cover but I have heard and read so many Great things about Suzy and her products. So I'm a "go" on doing that! Sure it will raise you a tad, how could it not? But minimally.
I would go for it and then of course....Show it off to Us :P

Height:
I'm just shy of 5'5". Sitting on scoot with reg shoes/sneakers my feet are 3/4 of touching on level ground. But, I always wear specific Daytona Cycle boots. They have an "inner (removable) lift" and thicker, stickier raised heels 'n soles. o_O Nooo, not like stilts! Lol. This lifting makes Quite a Difference in elongating my legs - I'd say by 2". With my height plus wearing these boots I go beyond being flatfooted. My knees are bended > now, with too much bend. Oh well.
My seat I exchanged for an aftermarket one. I sit lower with it (another 1/2 - 1" lower). Some storage space was lost. No biggie to me. Butt slipping is about the same, maybe a bit better.
Point is, My flat footing issues of yesterday, are long gone and I'm ready to ride my PCX or another feeling safe and confident. Makes for a Happy Ride Every Ride :P

You're 5'1" riding with a slippery" stock seat height @ 29.9" on your 2013. A Cheeky Seat cover made with the proper fabric should help.
So, what can be done to lower your scoot? Rather, make your legs longer? o_O To flatfoot?
Boots! "Lifting, Protective" Hand made, (and waterproof) Daytona Boots. They'll make ya taller too :D
Just shy of 5'5", is called 5'4". :-)
Which is probably the median height for the little PCX.....and the rider size for which most scoots were designed - even the maxis.

Fish
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Suddenly I feel quite tall at 5'6" :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's the weather like down there shorty? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red white

Post by relic »

I'm 5'6 too,looks like we have a good start on forming a mini basketball team
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Gosh what would I do without my wise-arse forum fun fam :D

@fish uh...no, Not 5'4" - I stand taller. Somewhere in between. I'm not shrinking that quickly o_O :lol:

@ JohnL...hello there 5'6" fella from down under! Things looking up? "We" shorties tend to look in that direction. "It's where we want to go!" :lol: :lol: BTW, it's cooler at shy of 5'5" > Heat rises after all :D

@ relic... :lol: here ya are! another at 5'6". Quite rightly, let's get organized. Form that mini me :lol: team. We can shoot hoops and then some!! WHAT a vision I just had! :lol:

Can I get a boo-yah for Our Team? 8)

I just blew this page up with emoticons!!! :lol: :P :D 8) :lol: :x < who's that guy? :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

My wife is 5 ft even. She could just barely touch the ground on her toes, so I did several things.
1. Bought an aftermarket seat that lowered it a couple of inches. I think she is sitting almost in the storage area...well it seems that way when I ride it because I am 5 ft 10".
2. I bought Takegawa Lowering Shocks.
3. I bought her boots with added sole.
Now, when she rides she is comfortable, though she probably will never ride again. ;) :cry:

The bike is in the basement. As soon as I change the oil, wash it and wax it, it will probably go up for sale. I just upgraded its lights.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
luciddream2

Post by luciddream2 »

Thanks for the input everyone, I greatly appreciate it! I'm looking into some boots with thicker soles. I may end up with platform boots similar to what KISS wore in the '70's Ha Ha! I'm ok with the seat height as-is right now. I definately don't want to go any higher. It would be more comfortable if I could put more of my foot on the ground, but I've gotten used to it. The only time it really bothers me is when I'm in the city stopped at those long red lights. It sure would be nice to put my feet flat and relax for a few minutes. Other than that, I don't have any real issues. I really don't like the slippery seat. it's even worse with my riding pants on or if I'm wearing a long shirt that covers part of my butt. I have to remember to lift it up before I sit down. Before anyone asks, I haven't used any silicone products on it, such as armor all, etc. I'm definately getting a seat cover at some point. Have a great day!
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

I Amour-all'ed the seat once. It looked great. Nearly lost the Admiral, though....
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

I Armouralled the tyres, once only. DUUUUUUUMBBBBBBBB. :oops: :oops: :oops: :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

What?? But I planned on Armouring the whole bike! It would look so so nice! Of course, no one could ride it, but it sure would shine! :roll:
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

Height a problem?
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Wow! Now that was interesting. When I was working there was a midget employed there who only drove Austin-Healeys. He totalled them about once every two years. I didnt know that there were that many still around, but he would eventually show up with one that was a different color. Then he would drive like an idiot until he would wreck that one too. I could NOT imagine that guy on a motorcycle.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

luciddream2

Post by luciddream2 »

Thanks for the input everyone! I see a cheeky seat cover in my future!
Rxrunner
Color: Red

Post by Rxrunner »

Hello, New PCX 2013 owner. First post. I was ready to buy a Cheeky seats cover, but I would like to know the experience of someone who is 5'11" or taller who bought one. I want to be up about 3/4 to an inch higher, and I want to be able to slide back my riding position to just about where the hump is when I ride. Cheeky seats says that they think I will be high enough with their standard seat, and that I could also add in a bit of my own padding to make it a little higher if it is not high enough. So, is simply taking off the hump and adding the Cheeky seats going to meet my expectation? Or will I need to make any modifications, such as cutting out the hump plastic from under the seat? If I cut out the hump plastic, will I need to do anything else like add more cushion under the seat and add a piece of plastic or aluminum under the seat to make it steady and firm?
Finally, does the Cheeky seats cover leave room so I could put in another layer of medium foam or gel for some of the seat so I can make it the 3/4 to 1 inch higher as I am looking for. NOTE: My other scooter is a Kymco Agility 125, and I like the way I could basically scoot back to my content. Thanks.
paulcoup
Color: Black

Post by paulcoup »

Just removing the 'hump' and putting on the seat cover would work, but for me was uncomfortable. I have a 2013 PCX, when I bought it I was 5'-11" (age is a terrible thing). I ended up taking off the seat cover material and padding foam, removed the posts that the hump bolts to, and covering where the post humps were with plastic (from an old paint tray).
I then put the seat foam back on, added some additional foam and chair batting material (where the hump post used to be) and re-attached the original seat cover. The cheeky seat cover simply went over the top.
The Cheeky seat cover is an extremely well made product, and was so much easier to put on the scooter than trying to install a new marine vinyl seat cover.
All-in-all, a much comfier ride.