Had a first for me on the PCX today

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

vito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: silver

Had a first for me on the PCX today

Post by vito »

Today I had a "first" on the PCX. I was taking a nice ride, just for the fun of it, on a country road that I often go on. There are some nice curves, and some long straightaways where you can get your speed up. Its a 55 mph road, and usually, by keeping up 55 to 60 mph I am just staying with the very little traffic that is usually on the road. But today in front of me was a Dodge Charger that seemed to have his cruise control set on about 52. Normally I would live with it when on the scooter, but today the road facing me was empty of oncoming traffic for a goodly distance and I decided to pass him. The PCX doesn't have much in the way of passing power, but I got up to about 63 as fast as it would get there, and sailed by the Charger. As I passed I saw the driver give me a double take; I guess he is not used to being passed by a scooter! I sometimes tell myself that I bought this scooter for my wife, since I already have a world class motorcycle, but the truth is that she is still too nervous about riding it, so I get to take it out several times a week. This scoot is more fun, in its own way, than riding my Goldwing!
U.S. Army retired
Former MSF Instructor
Fully retired!
2019 Honda PCX150
2021 Can Am Spyder RT
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: Had a first for me on the PCX today

Post by flyingzonker »

vito wrote:Today I had a "first" on the PCX. I was taking a nice ride, just for the fun of it, on a country road that I often go on. There are some nice curves, and some long straightaways where you can get your speed up. Its a 55 mph road, and usually, by keeping up 55 to 60 mph I am just staying with the very little traffic that is usually on the road. But today in front of me was a Dodge Charger that seemed to have his cruise control set on about 52. Normally I would live with it when on the scooter, but today the road facing me was empty of oncoming traffic for a goodly distance and I decided to pass him. The PCX doesn't have much in the way of passing power, but I got up to about 63 as fast as it would get there, and sailed by the Charger. As I passed I saw the driver give me a double take; I guess he is not used to being passed by a scooter! I sometimes tell myself that I bought this scooter for my wife, since I already have a world class motorcycle, but the truth is that she is still too nervous about riding it, so I get to take it out several times a week. This scoot is more fun, in its own way, than riding my Goldwing!
Riding a PCX is like flying in a wing suit. Riding a Goldwing is like taking the bus.
HondaC110
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze

Post by HondaC110 »

Funny stuff.
Yesterday I passed a Tesla S on Skyline Blvd. south of San Francisco. He looked a bit startled.
I suspect I looked a bit silly....
63mph! Yowza!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I pass those types of vehicles all the time, but then our street has a 45 mph speed sign...like that means anything to a Dodge Charger, a Tesla, a Maserati, a new 'Vette, Lamborghini, etc. Still, I get to jump ahead at the light for a few seconds before one those cars flies past me only to hit his brakes again for the next light. :lol: :roll:
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
riding@100mpg
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by riding@100mpg »

I, more than once, have passed corvettes. usually driven by older men who almost stop at every little bump. one of the fastest cars on the road and driven by some of the slowest drivers out there
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy
Year: 2015
Color: Bronze

Post by Sandymay »

Mel46 wrote:I pass those types of vehicles all the time, but then our street has a 45 mph speed sign...like that means anything to a Dodge Charger, a Tesla, a Maserati, a new 'Vette, Lamborghini, etc. Still, I get to jump ahead at the light for a few seconds before one those cars flies past me only to hit his brakes again for the next light. :lol: :roll:
Me too Mel,

It’s a very peppy machine off a full stop.