Piaggio Liberty 150 vs Fly

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Piaggio Liberty 150 vs Fly

Post by Old Grinner »

Quick comparison of these two machines. Seems you can't really go wrong either way for the price on the "newer" ones made in Vietnam. 8)

And a more detailed dissertation about the Liberty 150 . . .. :D

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Piaggio Liberty 150 vs Fly

Post by fish »

As usual - that "61 to 62mph" is indicated, not actual. Wish dealers would stop that kind of stuff. Rookies buy these thinking they can ride on the highways.
If you look, you might still find the "S" models in the nice gloss colors - rather than the wax paper shades sold now.
Fish
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

OldG, not happy with that comparison in the 2nd video with the PCX.
C'mon...a 2017 Liberty with a 2013 PCX? Hello? Why not a 2011? Geez.

Uh, no! Put a 2017 alongside that purdy 2017 Liberty then start talking this n that 'bout them! Dang'it!
Stick that key in a 2017 PCX! Dash does includes clock, Seat pad is history. What else? I got so frazzled I turned him off. Pass me a cherry lifesaver!

By the way, where would I get parts and svc on a purdy LibertyS? It Is Purdy!
Shops are closed or closing. But wait, You can still pickup a Vespa or Piaggio in one of our one-stop-shopping motorcycle stores, at your own risk. If ya need parts....good luck. If they order (and they will), The Wait is on! Good-bye riding season! I love Vespa and Piaggio bikes, I do but.....

We Got Honda! The whole kittin' ka-boodle! 8) Bikes, Parts, Service! Ready. Set. Go!! Weeeeeee...... :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Now, settle down there WN - no one's disputing that Honda builds a great product (beaten in some reviews only by Yamaha)
If Big Red sold a big-wheel step through, or a reg. 150 scoot which a normal, tall, American could sit - I would have purchased one.
I love Hondas. I sat a new PCX 7 years ago for a few seconds - "great for Asian sized folks, this!".
I even liked my Forza, which some tall riders fuss about. I just rolled up the bars and ...rode it with no issues.

One thing not mentioned in the reviews is ease of service. Yep, you better have a nearby Honda dealer - because there aren't 10% of PCX owners who are willing to take apart their scooter, starting at the tail lights, to do a simple valve check! What a goofy design.
Actually - We're all pretty certain the vast majority of PCX's (or Burgmans) never get a valve check during ownership. Most don't sweat that detail - while it gives others a stomach ache. Both good scoots - since they don't regularly grenade from lack of proper service.

Piaggio parts are easy in the USA. Dealers are an hour away. If you can do simple servicing - and you have an easily serviced scooter - opens up a whole 'nother bowl of whirled pees and confidence.

Fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

OldG, not happy with that comparison in the 2nd video with the PCX.
C'mon...a 2017 Liberty with a 2013 PCX? Hello? Why not a 2011? Geez.
Sorry about that WN. :)

You're right about the updated conveniences on the newer PCX machines. When Robot did that review it was a few years ago and he did admit he was always a Honda fan. That said, the seat is "what it is" for larger riders to this day. Since it's not a flat seat you don't have the option to slide back for more room. :geek:
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Spotted this foreign vid about the Liberty 150S with ABS.

Don't know what the rider is saying but the camera work is quite good. Plenty of under seat storage and the scoot has a significant presence on the road with those tall wheels. Nice looking machine.

Fish - This will make you grin. :lol: