i'm back!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

riding@100mpg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

i'm back!

Post by riding@100mpg »

after about a year and a half, i couldn't stand being without a pcx150 scooter. i sold my 2015 because of the congestion of the roads in albany ny region. i missed it so bad i found a really clean used 2013 pcx150 (red) at a local dealer for a reasonable price with only 2600 miles and bought it. he also stated that the previous owner paid to have the first valve check done at 1000 miles. i'm just going to use back roads to get to the mountains of upstate ny and enjoy. glad to be back and see the forum is still going strong. will keep you posted on good rides and am currently looking for a windshield and could use some advise. my 2015 had the tall givi screen but i don't see that for the 2013. also, need to put a top box on and need advise on how to mount one, maybe a rear rack?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Re: i'm back!

Post by Mel46 »

Try this. The tall Givi for the 2013 PCX is model number D323dt, including the mirror extender kit. I have them on both of my bikes.

http://www.accessoryinternational.com/p ... cx125.html
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
riding@100mpg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by riding@100mpg »

thanks for your help with this. will look into that windscreen right away
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

riding@100mpg wrote:after about a year and a half, i couldn't stand being without a pcx150 scooter. i sold my 2015 because of the congestion of the roads in albany ny region. i missed it so bad i found a really clean used 2013 pcx150 (red) at a local dealer for a reasonable price with only 2600 miles and bought it. he also stated that the previous owner paid to have the first valve check done at 1000 miles. i'm just going to use back roads to get to the mountains of upstate ny and enjoy. glad to be back and see the forum is still going strong. will keep you posted on good rides and am currently looking for a windshield and could use some advise. my 2015 had the tall givi screen but i don't see that for the 2013. also, need to put a top box on and need advise on how to mount one, maybe a rear rack?
I have a 2013. It is quite easy to mount a topbox. It has been a while since I set mine up.If my memory serves me (which it sometimes still does) you need to drill some holes in the fairing that is behind the seat and then you attach the rack to that with 4 bolts. Honda has a dedicated rack for this purpose. You remove the fairing and on the underside, and, I think, there are markings for the places to drill. I can't swear to this last bit but even if there are no markings you can figure it out without any trouble.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

There are markings on the underside. I started the holes with a small guide hole. Then I used a spade bit. You have to make the holes large enough to fit the base plate. In my case it was the Givi kit, which has really heavy metal which makes it very strong. You would tip the bike over before those would break, and even then they wouldn't!

https://www.amazon.com/SR1163-Monolock- ... 1466555177
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
riding@100mpg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by riding@100mpg »

thanks everyone for your advice but I lucked out, I didn't realize the rear rack from my 2015 honda pcx was the same for the 2013. all I had to do was drill the holes and mount a top box, very easy. I also went with the national cycle extra tall windshield. it was a toss up between that and the givi tall shield. price was the deciding factor with the national cycle coming in around 75.00 cheaper. was out tonight riding and all works excellent. nc shield may not have as much shoulder wind protection but I can ride with the face shield on my helmet up with no buffeting, very excited and waiting for the weekend to extend a ride or two