Poll: Vespa GTS300 HPE colours

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Choose a colour

Grigio Dolomiti
44%
Verde Relax
33%
Blu Energia
22%

Total votes: 9

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Poll: Vespa GTS300 HPE colours

Post by gn2 »

Grigio Dolomiti

Verde Relax

Blu Energia

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Poll: Vespa GTS300 HPE colours

Post by fish »

The red one.
Fish
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Nope, no red, its a hundred quid more.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Basic GTS in metallic colours is £4899

Super in Rosso Passione is £4999

Touring in Rosso Vignola is £5699.

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I like the "Verde-Bosco" (Dark Green) but it only comes on the Primavera 50 Touring or the 150 Touring MY20. :geek:

It hides the dirt better . . .. :lol:

https://nhpowersports.com/Scooters-Vesp ... 6c0101ac85

That said, I'd have to go with the "Verde-Relax" for the GTS300 HPE.

But at the end of the day I'd rather have the "Sei Giorni II Edition" but wish they offered it in colors other than just "Grigio". Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

https://www.motor1.com/news/358020/come ... e-trailer/
oliver
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: red

Post by oliver »

Grigio Dolomiti - not even close.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Touring GTS300 is also available in Verde Bosco
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Not a fan of the silver on the wheels. The looks of all Vespas improve a ton just by going all black on the wheels. Much more sporty.

My choice would be the 1st 300 in the pics.
:geek:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hmm...what are you up to gn2, are you considering a Vespa now? I know you've always admired them and respected their build quality. Is it time then to "make that change?" But wait...What about the Zero? Did you take a visit and look up close? < I've been wondering about that.

Ok, not really a fan of any of the color choices above but for You, I shall pick one :D
Never would I think to pick this color but here goes....the Steel Gray shown as numero uno, the "Grigio Dolomiti."
However, that seat color does it No justice, imo. Darker richer brown might do :roll: or a seat cover from Suzy @ Cheeky Seats 8)

So Yes, I clicked the survey box #1
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hmm...what are you up to gn2, are you considering a Vespa now? I know you've always admired them and respected their build quality. Is it time then to "make that change?" But wait...What about the Zero? Did you take a visit and look up close? < I've been wondering about that.
Yes, am considering changing back to a scooter, the SV just isn't working out as a commuter tool, too much hassle dealing with luggage, its hellish to clean with all the exposed nooks and crannies, chain oil fling etc and the mudguards are non existent, so as well as having a difficult job cleaning the bike, clothing gets absolutely filthy as well when it rains.
Zero would be easier to clean but luggage still an issue, dealer is too far away and the price is too high for a committed tightwad like me.

I miss the simplicity of scooter commuting.
Get ready to go to work, put bike gear on, dump work rucksack and coat under the scooter seat and off I go.
With the motorbike.... the work rucksack and coat have to go in a waterproof roll-top bag which has to be carried using shoulder strap like a messenger bag.
The bag has four clips and a velcro strap to do up/undo four times a day and its a p.i.t.a.
Also, on the way home can't go shopping because nowhere to put stuff.
On scooter can easily store groceries.

Like the Vespa style and practicality and it'll slow me down, when I do get the SV out I usually find myself going much faster than I really should.

I need something that can hold 65-70mph, so it has to be a 300, the Vespa is the only current model which appeals to me.
Xmax300, don't like the styling
Forza 300 don't like the styling or the electric screen
Kawasaki J300 service interval far too short, don't trust local dealer
Kymco X-town 300 no decent colour option, no local dealer
Cruisym 300 seriously fugly, no local dealer
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Hmm...what are you up to gn2, are you considering a Vespa now? I know you've always admired them and respected their build quality. Is it time then to "make that change?" But wait...What about the Zero? Did you take a visit and look up close? < I've been wondering about that.
Yes, am considering changing back to a scooter, the SV just isn't working out as a commuter tool, too much hassle dealing with luggage, its hellish to clean with all the exposed nooks and crannies, chain oil fling etc and the mudguards are non existent, so as well as having a difficult job cleaning the bike, clothing gets absolutely filthy as well when it rains.
Zero would be easier to clean but luggage still an issue, dealer is too far away and the price is too high for a committed tightwad like me.

I miss the simplicity of scooter commuting.
Get ready to go to work, put bike gear on, dump work rucksack and coat under the scooter seat and off I go.
With the motorbike.... the work rucksack and coat have to go in a waterproof roll-top bag which has to be carried using shoulder strap like a messenger bag.
The bag has four clips and a velcro strap to do up/undo four times a day and its a p.i.t.a.
Also, on the way home can't go shopping because nowhere to put stuff.
On scooter can easily store groceries.

Like the Vespa style and practicality and it'll slow me down, when I do get the SV out I usually find myself going much faster than I really should.

I need something that can hold 65-70mph, so it has to be a 300, the Vespa is the only current model which appeals to me.
Forza 300 don't like the styling or the electric screen
Kawasaki J300 service interval far too short, don't trust local dealer
Kymco X-town 300 no decent colour option, no local dealer
Cruisym 300 seriously fugly, no local dealer

I can see you on a white Vespa. Ferried around by Michelle...
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Take another look at the XMax if you have a chance. You could probably get one for 2/3 what you would pay for the Vespa.

The more I have it the more I like it . . .. Considering what I have to choose from I'd buy it again. If money was no object I'd get a Vespa Giorni.

One big thing in your favor is that you have a lot more scooters to choose from in Europe.

Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawasaki make some great products but when it comes to heritage they just can't compete with the Vespa. It's like Harley Davidson . . . it's a reach into the past.

BTW I stumbled across this video of a guy getting the water out of tight places on his Royal Alloy . . . which has the similar styled floor boards as the Vespas. It will help to prevent rust in the long run but is a bit time consuming.

If you do get the Vespa you'll never have to explain to anyone why you bought it. There just isn't anything more highly regarded in the scooter world as far as heritage and blood line goes that you can still buy today. We can remember scooters that once roamed the roads in years passed but they are either in museums, private collections, well maintained by enthusiasts and still ridden, or lost in time.

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

I've seen what U.K.weather and roads can do to a scooter. Are you certain you could live with what same is doing to your Vespa. I take it that you're not commuting on clean urban streets, but riding in from outlying area?
ACF-50 or some such could help, but your conditions are so much worse than our Midwest climate.
Maybe it would be less disheartening to watch a Taiwanese scoot dissolving?
But, one must be fond of whatever you approach each morning - or what's the use, eh?!
Good luck..and a bit of fun to be shopping scoots again.
Fish
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Old Grinner wrote:
Take another look at the XMax if you have a chance. You could probably get one for 2/3 what you would pay for the Vespa.

The more I have it the more I like it . . .. Considering what I have to choose from I'd buy it again. If money was no object I'd get a Vespa Giorni.

One big thing in your favor is that you have a lot more scooters to choose from in Europe.

Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawasaki make some great products but when it comes to heritage they just can't compete with the Vespa. It's like Harley Davidson . . . it's a reach into the past.

BTW I stumbled across this video of a guy getting the water out of tight places on his Royal Alloy . . . which has the similar styled floor boards as the Vespas. It will help to prevent rust in the long run but is a bit time consuming.

If you do get the Vespa you'll never have to explain to anyone why you bought it. There just isn't anything more highly regarded in the scooter world as far as heritage and blood line goes that you can still buy today. We can remember scooters that once roamed the roads in years passed but they are either in museums, private collections, well maintained by enthusiasts and still ridden, or lost in time.

IS he in the UK?
If so, chasing that bit of water off of his Chinese steel is going to be the least of his worries if he ever ventures out onto UK roads and into UK weather! Even Vespa can't stop a UK scooter from rusting. Imagine Chinese tin.
Best park it in the kitchen.
Fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I've been doing some thinking lately about my old Suzuki Bandit GSF1200S.

As I've said before the older I get the heavier it gets . . ..

I don't see myself needing the power, range, and speed of the Bandit anymore. I'll just take my Honda Fit on the longer trips.

It still runs with enthusiasm and looks great . . . never been down once or dropped. But I'm finding I can't let out the reigns on it like I used to. Too much competition for space and for what space there is the condition is unpredictable and there's road debris showing up in places that I never saw it before (not to mention wildlife).

So in order to adjust and adapt and face the realities I've decided that it's only a matter of time before I either sell it or replace the Bandit with another scooter. But it will be a scooter that has "Wow" factor and is less than 200cc. The new Honda Super Cub 125 looks interesting too . . .. Time will tell. 8)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Old Grinner wrote:Take another look at the XMax if you have a chance. You could probably get one for 2/3 what you would pay for the Vespa.
Nope, here the Xmax is £5199 and the Vespa is £4899
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Nope, here the Xmax is £5199 and the Vespa is £4899
Wow!!! :o

May the road rise to meet you and the wind be always at your back . . .. :D

Definitely get the Vespa for that price. 8)

We pay a premium for them here. Some call it a "Vespa Tax". :roll:

There's only about 3 dealers in my entire state that carry Vespa anymore. All of them have to carry other brands as well. They can't make it on Vespa sales alone.

Here's what we would have to pay for a GTS 300 HPE and that doesn't include fees, taxes, and tags. The last I knew a dollar was worth about .82 pounds sterling. :geek:

https://nhpowersports.com/Scooters-Vesp ... 870147fb8f
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

Don't forget, you don't like Italian rubbish. 8)
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

E. Foster Salsbury wrote:Don't forget, you don't like Italian rubbish. 8)
Yes I probably would have said that, fortunately I have the ability to think its rubbish and love it at the same time.
Take any vehicle, there's going to be stuff about it you like and stuff about it you don't like.
Just have a look at the trend on YouTube, "X things I hate about my ___"/"X things I love about my ___" videos.

The Vespa GTS300 HPE is still underpowered, still can't fit a full-face helmet under the seat, still has shorter service intervals than Honda and will doubtless still have rusting issues unless given some very thorough rust proofing treatment.

But..... and its a very big but..... the things look drop dead gorgeous.

Its a heart -v- head kinda thing.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

Does it have kph biased Speedo and Italian electrics? 8)
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015