Honda ADV150 - pcx upgrade

General Honda ADV150 chat, questions about the ADV150, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Honda ADV150 - pcx upgrade

Post by Old Grinner »

Yeah . . . the Zuma is a nice little woods machine. And the stock suspension is adjustable for preload. :D

I'm fortunate that I can get to some forest dirt roads without having to get on a major highway so the 125 is not a problem.

If Honda does bring an ADV to the U.S. I hope it's worthy of running with the bulls. . .. :lol:

As Mel suggested having a little more cc oomph would be nice.

Some folks need to travel a bit on highways to get to a nice "off road" riding area and having the ability to do freeway speeds to keep up with the flow would be a plus.

Been on the interstates lately? Ain't like it used to be . . .. OMG!!! :roll:

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

More about the ADV 150 . . .. :geek:

https://indianautosblog.com/honda-adv-1 ... th-p318191

There's also some stuff about a release to Brazil in 2020 of the new Royal Enfield 650 Twins listed on the Indian Auto Blog site. But they are probably more worried right now about putting out that huge blaze in the Amazonian Rain Forest . . .. :roll: :o o_O :?

https://indianautosblog.com/royal-enfie ... ry-p318261
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

maybe since they're selling well they might try them here
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Repeating

Are ya in The House HONDA POWER-SPORTS?

BRING IT TO THE USA!
Yasss....an ADV Scooter!
Up it - to 200cc or "better" 8)

Was that a Yes? I can't hear You. Stop rumbling!

Perhaps a PCX 200-250 then?

"Say Something, I'm Giving Up On You" :cry:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

ive read on an adventure bike web site that the ADV150 might be sold in the united states sometime in 2020
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Old Grinner wrote:Yeah . . . the Zuma is a nice little woods machine. And the stock suspension is adjustable for preload. :D

I'm fortunate that I can get to some forest dirt roads without having to get on a major highway so the 125 is not a problem.

If Honda does bring an ADV to the U.S. I hope it's worthy of running with the bulls. . .. :lol:

As Mel suggested having a little more cc oomph would be nice.

Some folks need to travel a bit on highways to get to a nice "off road" riding area and having the ability to do freeway speeds to keep up with the flow would be a plus.

Been on the interstates lately? Ain't like it used to be . . .. OMG!!! :roll:

Pamplona :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just once. Makes you figure out what kind of person you are.

Where are the tomatoes
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Repeating

Are ya in The House HONDA POWER-SPORTS?

BRING IT TO THE USA!
Yasss....an ADV Scooter!
Up it - to 200cc or "better" 8)

Was that a Yes? I can't hear You. Stop rumbling!

Perhaps a PCX 200-250 then?

"Say Something, I'm Giving Up On You" :cry:
No they are not ‘in the house’ & they are not listening. If they were, they would have offered a different factory seat option or upgrade for taller people by now. I’d buy one if they did.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

They do offer a seat for taller people. The average male of the Southeast Asian household is taller than the female. (Both are still in the 4 foot 7 inch range, but hey, they are taller than the females... :lol: :roll: ...so why is it that my wife, who is 5 foot even, has a problem touching the ground when the bike is stopped??!!)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ummm, could it be her legs are just too short? I dunno :roll: I'm just typing the obvious
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Not interested in a different seat. I got me one already. A different bike in the USA is what I'm tawkin' 'bout!
Oh, and Never say never springer! Be optimistic! Life looks cheerier that way :P

I'm betting Honda pays us a visit every now and then. To read our opinions, pros/cons and find out what we're up to.
Sooo, on that note I will Keep on Bugging Them!! We won't get nuttin' honey staying bottled up!
(imho) ;)
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Here we are almost half way through September and still no news posted about scooters in the U.S. for 2020. Last post by Honda was November a year ago . . .. :roll:

https://hondanews.com/powersports/chann ... oters-home

That said they do post about the racing results and Expositions. 8)

A new generation PCX with a flatter (or longer) seat and pet carrier that lifts out like a Vespa to get access to the engine for maintenance and to swap out shocks would be a groove IMHO. Less panels to remove and replace means more time to ride. :D
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

i just read a post on the adventure rider forum that theres going to be an ADV 300 and its coming here i hope hes right
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Old Grinner wrote:Here we are almost half way through September and still no news posted about scooters in the U.S. for 2020. Last post by Honda was November a year ago . . .. :roll:

https://hondanews.com/powersports/chann ... oters-home

That said they do post about the racing results and Expositions. 8)

A new generation PCX with a flatter (or longer) seat and pet carrier that lifts out like a Vespa to get access to the engine for maintenance and to swap out shocks would be a groove IMHO. Less panels to remove and replace means more time to ride. :D

Harley are pulling back too. I think there are only three or four sportster models next year.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Harley are pulling back too. I think there are only three or four sportster models next year.
Only 4 Sportster models for next year.

Down from 8 a couple of years ago . . ..

There's a lot of used on the market though. The other day I saw 2 Harley trikes at a car dealership. Someone must have traded them in. Highly unusual to see used trikes at a car dealer. o_O
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

This was posted yesterday about the new ADV 150. Video from the Tokyo Motor Show. 8)

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

That exhaust. :roll:
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Definitely worth a look . . ..

The clips are edited repeatedly but the "off road" scenes do give a good idea of the intent of the design. I'm not sure what language it is (Philippines?) but every once in a while you may recognize some terms if you only speak English. That said it's all about the video and feature pics . . .. :D

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I'm 100% with Mel that I wish this was 200 or 250cc. That'd give it the power to go on the highway and really be an "adventure" bike. When I can get back into riding when my kiddos are a bit older, I'm currently looking into 250cc platforms that are light... Really the best option there is something like a wr250r with some add-on fairings. It's a tough decision though, because I like the ergonomics, convenience, and low COG of a scooter way better though. Luckily, I still have a few years to decide. :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes