Best seat for tall person

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

METZCOOL
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze

Best seat for tall person

Post by METZCOOL »

Hey all,
New 2019 pcx150 owner here and have put 300 miles on so far and love the little scoot, but this seat has got to go!!
I come from a 2014 Goldwing and don't expect the same comfort and have searched the forum with no clear answer as to what is the best way to achieve a comfortable seat for a rider at 6' 4" and 36" inseam. Cost not being a factor what would you all do? It seems my comfort spot is right at the rider and passenger transition. I still have the goldwing so don't tell me to get a bigger scoot as I have seen recommended in some post.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: Best seat for tall person

Post by Jge64 »

I have had the seat seven and seat five in this link, like them both. The bucket seat is more comfortable. The seats are not very expensive, but then you pay a good chunk of shipping to get it here. But it still comes out less than some custom seats like Corbin. Also if you just need it for occasional long-distance trips you can add an airhawk air cushion… See Amazon…

https://bikerzbits.com/honda/pcx/seats/
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
jburner
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX
Color: Black

Post by jburner »

Go here and pick your favorite. Then choose your height at checkout.

http://www.mpmotorseat.com/HONDAPCXSEAT
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Remember that the frame changes at a certain point and starts to incline. If you find your comfort level to be best after that point, (keeping in mind that the normal Honda seat was designed to seat a rider just before the incline), then you can ask mpmotorseat to move any butt brace back, or even to add padding to the area you prefer to sit on. They are quite happy to do whatever it takes to make the customer happy. I had them customize mine and gave them the measurements. I have had that seat ever since and am quite happy with it.

Here is just an example of what they offer without you even having to email them, (which is what I did to give them better instructions).
Notice that they give options on the page itself.

http://www.mpmotorseat.com/HONDAPCXSEAT ... SP002.html

Even their flat seats have the option to move padding back 3 inches.

http://www.mpmotorseat.com/HONDAPCXSEAT ... LA001.html
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
METZCOOL
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze

Post by METZCOOL »

Thanks for your input all, now just gotta decide.
outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by outlander »

The bucket ones mpmotorseat sells, do they actually work as a back rest. Is it a noticeable improvement in comfort over the original seat?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

outlander,

In answer to your question, in most cases it is a butt brace, though they do have taller braces that do act as back braces. The thing to remember is that all of the seats by default are made for the riders in Thailand, not long legged Americans. If the butt brace or back brace is pushed back far enough you will end up with padding as your butt brace, which is not as substantial as a metal one is.

However, when I had them move mine back I had another objective in mind. I created my own additional back brace out of packing styrofoam that gives me a much better back rest than any seat could. The added butt pad acts as a butt stop.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

METZCOOL wrote:Hey all,
New 2019 pcx150 owner here and have put 300 miles on so far and love the little scoot, but this seat has got to go!!
I come from a 2014 Goldwing and don't expect the same comfort and have searched the forum with no clear answer as to what is the best way to achieve a comfortable seat for a rider at 6' 4" and 36" inseam. Cost not being a factor what would you all do? It seems my comfort spot is right at the rider and passenger transition. I still have the goldwing so don't tell me to get a bigger scoot as I have seen recommended in some post.
Little kid in the back of the room asks, "Did you not sit on the scooter before purchasing?"

Fish
ChuckD
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by ChuckD »

I was in the same boat... seat was very uncomfortable after 50 miles.
But 2 things have made me extremely happy:
1) https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
2) Place your feet all the way forward on the sloped portion of the footrest. Angle toes outward. There. Better?
2017 PCX150
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Yes...Place your feet all the way forward on the sloped portion of the footrest. Angle toes outward.
I ride that way most of the time. It is much more comfortable, and to me it is safer, than flat on the floor. It gives me great control on curves and turns.

Thank you for mentioning that, ChuckD.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Here is a picture of my bike with the custom seat. Note that I had them move the butt brace back as far as they could. I did this because I had made a removable back brace from packing styrofoam. It has a slot in it for a 1 gallon gas can for longer rides. Very comfortable. (I have had 12 back surgeries, so back comfort is a must for my rides.) An inch closer might have done the trick, but at the time I was not sure if it would have so I gave it the extra inch.
myPCXwithBackSupport.jpg
myPCXwithBackSupport.jpg (160.5 KiB) Viewed 3279 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by outlander »

How much did you pay for your seat and postage from mpmotorseat as the shipping is almost as much as the seat itself. The price estimate is around $235.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

METZCOOL wrote:Hey all,

Part of this might be just getting used to it if you are used to a goldwing. I’ve an early model PCX and removed the hump so probably the seat is much the same as yours now.

I’m 6’5” and pretty much know that a scooter isn’t my size and don’t expect “comfort”. Doesn’t stop it from being possibly the most fun bike I’ve ridden.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Note to all:

I just checked the Mpmotorseat website and they now only offer shipping by air, which boosts the cost by twice and makes it extremely expensive. If you are in the market for a replacement seat I would consider other sites first, such a Powerbypcx.com
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

dembones
Year: 2015 Forza
Color: 2016 PCX

Post by dembones »

Mel46 wrote:Note to all:

I just checked the Mpmotorseat website and they now only offer shipping by air, which boosts the cost by twice and makes it extremely expensive. If you are in the market for a replacement seat I would consider other sites first, such a Powerbypcx.com
Has anyone actually purchased and tried the Powerbypcx saddles? I am 6'2" with a 34" inseam and def need to move back for both leg room and hopefully to decrease the sloping forward position the stock seat puts me in. The saddles below all seem to have a hump at the front and a flatter rear section which sounds like it would be the right shape for a taller rider to move back on. ???

These look interesting:

https://www.powerbypcx.com/en/52-seats-v3