New Old Stock 2015 Forza ABS Owner

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Calculon
Year: 2015
Color: Red

New Old Stock 2015 Forza ABS Owner

Post by Calculon »

Hello Gals and Guys -

I just bought a new old stock 2015 Honda Forza 300 ABS. When I got my motorcycle license back in 2012, I really wanted to get a scooter, but the only ones I could find at the time were 500 pound maxi-scooters or 150cc scooters that weren't a good fit because I live in a rural area and I knew eventually, I'd want to get on the freeway. I knew I wanted a new bike since I didn't know much about motorcycles. I had a few different bikes it between, but with the Forza, I feel like this is the bike I wanted to buy all along. It feels light and nimble, the right balance between performance and agility. It should he a good tool for going to work and running errands. I wanted to get a Xmax 300 as there's a Yamaha dealer a mile from house, but when sitting on it, I was on my tiptoes. That was kind of a deal breaker for me. Even if the Yamaha is a better bike, I think the Forza is a better fit for me.

One question if I may, I plan to get the taller windscreen, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to buy one. I saw there was a Givi screen and one on eBay that looks like the OEM without the Honda logo. What are my options here? Thanks for any help.
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Re: New Old Stock 2015 Forza ABS Owner

Post by glencoeman »

Take it to a Honda dealer and check that the recalls have been done - fuel pump, starter relay etc. Check the Honda website where you can check if it needs recall work.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I got my taller screen from my local Honda dealer. I am short (5'6") and the taller screen makes it easier to ride in gusty winds. I would like to try the Givi adjustable screen but money is tight now.

One problem with the taller screen was that I did not realize how fast I was going. I got my one and only speeding ticket on a scooter after 40 years of driving and riding. Expensive damn RCMP.

The Honda Forza 300 is a 500 pound maxi-scooter. It is a heavy pig so don't forget it. Nicely balanced though. Mine was on the scales at 705 pounds with me being about 200 pounds in full gear. The CVT makes it easy to control at slow speeds.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Your local Honda dealer should be able to order the OEM Honda tall screen for you.
Fish
Calculon

Post by Calculon »

I spoke with the dealer. They said the tall windscreen has been discontinued by Honda and they cannot order one. Unless one pops up on eBay, I'm probably out of luck there. There are a few sites that say they have them, but I doubt they've been updated. Anyone know anything about the Givi screen? It looks shorter than the Honda.

How do I find out about the recalls? I googled 2015 Forza recalls. The NHTSA website said there were none. Thanks for any help.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The Honda screen is a rebrand, I believe it was made by the French company Ermax and their tall screen is the exact same shape.

https://www.motomachines.com/ermax-high ... 0-forza-13

https://www.ermax.com/high_protection_w ... e&ida=4467
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Calculon

Post by Calculon »

Thanks GN2. Would I have to modify the Ermax screen in order for it to fit, like drill holes? Thanks again.
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by glencoeman »

If and when you change screens, the biggest problem you will have is removing the plastic screen surround as it requires a bit of effort to remove. If the aftermarket screen (like Givi) is designed for the Forza, the you shouldn't have to modify it to fit.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

My Y shaped plastic screen surround has several broken bits. Poor design and plastic. The bottom is held on with a zap strap. The top is siliconed on because the plastic tab on the back broke. The back tabs are inserted in a pincher slot. I lubricated the slot with silicone grease.

My tall Honda screen also has cracked around the mounting holes.

I have 112,000 km (69,000 miles) of hard abusive riding on my Forza. Our Canadian roads are not very good at times. My front wheel was bent at under 1000 km by the former owner but still works well. My recent Yukon trip did a lot of damage.

I am going to ride my Forza until one of us dies. I don't care which.
Calculon

Post by Calculon »

I ordered the screen from Ermax. They said it should be here in 5-10 days. I hope it works out.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Calculon wrote:Thanks GN2. Would I have to modify the Ermax screen in order for it to fit, like drill holes? Thanks again.
No modification required, its specifically made for the original 2013 onwards Forza NSS300
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Calculon

Post by Calculon »

I went and got it Thursday:

Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Year: 2018
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Post by Cube »

I ordered the Givi screen for mine, I'll be interested in seeing how the Ermax one looks vs the Givi
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) Loverly! Congratulations Calculon! Enjoy becoming one - have Fun, Be Safe
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Calculon

Post by Calculon »

Thanks. I finally got to take it to work yesterday. It was super comfortable and a lot of fun. It's not as fast as my motorcycle, but I never cared about speed. I really like the storage.

A couple questions if I may. I noticed circular display between the tachometer and speedometer sometimes went dark, nor was it evenly lit. Is this normal?

Maybe my only complain is the seat doesn't open ver wide. Is there a mod for this? Thanks for any help.
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Year: 2018
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Post by Cube »

I've never noticed the backlight on the odometer/mpg screen dimming or going off, so I'm guessing you have an issue there.
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Calculon wrote:I noticed circular display between the tachometer and speedometer sometimes went dark, nor was it evenly lit. Is this normal?
Were you wearing polarised sunglasses at the time?
Calculon

Post by Calculon »

I was not. It was at night and was using my helmet with shield. I had not glasses on at all. Thanks for the replies.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Is the shield polarised?
Did you try with the shield up?
Calculon

Post by Calculon »

Thanks for the reply. I did see today when I had it in my driveway at dusk with just my eyes. It was not evenly lit at all. Plus it did go off completely, which I'm assuming the polarizing would not effect. Thanks again.