How many miles do you have on your PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: How many miles do you have on your PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The first ESP PCX 150s were/are the fastest ones Honda produced. After that they changed the hearing and eventually even decreased the engine size. I just now came home from a ride to my doctor's office. Several areas enroute have 55 mph speeds, but if you are riding at that speed you will be pushed off of the road. My little PCX had no problem keeping up with, and passing, traffic. In fact, I had to be mindful of my speed as my speedometer read well above the posted limit many times.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: black

Post by Gil »

I'm at 34,000 miles. Only issue is the steering stem bearings, that clunking sound is annoying.
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
StuAff

Post by StuAff »

My 2015 is now past 38,000 miles, still going strong. Just had the belt and rollers changed, speed and fuel economy as good as new. After months of fails and waiting for the next attempt, finally passed full licence tests last week. A1 automatic- so 125 scoots, no manuals- I have an Xmax 400 sitting in the garage & will hopefully get the upgrade to A2 auto done in a few weeks. I've been able to ditch the L-plates and did the first motorway commute today. Nice to get to work and back in half an hour each way instead of 40-60 minutes. Most of the route is currently restricted to 50 mph because of major works, so ideal for the little red bike that can. The electrical gremlins I was suffering last year haven't reoccured. The front headlight needed replacing, and I did have an issue with the left indicator not working for a while which caused further garage mechanic headscratching (touch wood, it's decided to work OK now of its own accord). Right rear suspension strut will need replacing in a while.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

StuAff, is yours a PCX?? If your bike is like mine it has 2 rear shocks. Buy some YSS adjustable ones and you will never go back to oem ones. I have a different manufacturer's ones on mine but they are still adjustable. That is key to comfort.

If you plan on keeping your little red "fun-matic" scooter I would make sure that it gives you a comfortable ride. Check out the various "degrees" of comfort the YSS shocks come in.

http://www.yssshocks.co.uk/
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

StuAff

Post by StuAff »

Mel46 wrote:StuAff, is yours a PCX?? If your bike is like mine it has 2 rear shocks. Buy some YSS adjustable ones and you will never go back to oem ones. I have a different manufacturer's ones on mine but they are still adjustable. That is key to comfort.

If you plan on keeping your little red "fun-matic" scooter I would make sure that it gives you a comfortable ride. Check out the various "degrees" of comfort the YSS shocks come in.

http://www.yssshocks.co.uk/
Thanks, will check them out. Planning on keeping it? Absolutely...yes, the suspension could be somewhat better. The Xmax's ride is like a limo in comparison (though it doesn't handle like one!).
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

up to 1338 now
Robbie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: Grey

Post by Robbie »

Bought my 2011 PCX in February 2016 when it had 13,265 miles on it. Got almost 22,000 on it now and it's been a perfectly reliable means of getting to work.
grndslm
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by grndslm »

Bought my 2013 with 300 miles maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Now it's got 10,300 miles on it.

Only replaced the tires w/ City Grips. And had to change the camshaft tensioner. Other than that, no major problems. It's always ready to go!!

Just ordered a Cheeky seat cover, variator schtuff, rollers, etc..... and on the verge of ordering the belt, clutch assembly, and clutch pads and/or springs.... but not sure if something better exists in terms of clutch pads, or if I should go stock. . . .
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

up to 1433
jrewillis
Year: 2019
Color: Red

Post by jrewillis »

Up to 1600 now in just 4 months. That's just work mileage. I'm very happy with it as my main mode of transport to the shops, work etc. Still have the car but it's done next to no mileage the last 4 months lol

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk
pxc-in-japan
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pxc-in-japan »

Mel46 wrote:Interesting. So what would the plate be if a rider had an antique ride, say a WWII motorcycle with a sidecar? I saw a picture of one once that someone in the UK rode.
It would be as it was when the bike was registered.
When I was a boy (1970s) the formula was [letter - three numbers - three letters].
My dad's plate was XJW943M if I remember correctly (for some reason I can remember almost all my parents's and my cars plates from over the years).
'M-reg' as we called it also indicated the year of registration.
So it would have been 1 August 1973 – 31 July 1974 registered.

Then in the early 80s we had the new A reg cars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_r ... om#History
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx150/2015/staninjapan/408151]Image
pxc-in-japan
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by pxc-in-japan »

March 2015 registered 150cc.
Bought Jan 2016 with 4,400 kilos.
Now 40,300 kilos (25,025 miles) and just about to have the entirety of the CVT compents (inc clutch) replaced.

Do not worry about a few thou' miles / kilos.
Rather concern yourself only with a proven service history.
I am more than generous in servicing my PCX, prioritizing lonegevity and reliability over saving a few thousand yen (a few tens of dollars) on costs.
In the long term - and I intend to use the bike until the end of its usable life - it will get miles/kilos on it and it will need maintaining/servicing.
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx150/2015/staninjapan/408151]Image
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Since I have two that are almost identical except their miles, one has had the clutch bearing replaced and the other is about to have the front wheel bearings replaced. Otherwise, they run great. I did replace the belts but I forgot to write it down, so I am guessing: one at 10K miles, and the other at 3K miles. ( I swapped belts between the two when we had hers torn down for clutch bearing replacement and ordered a replacement for mine then.)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

StuAff

Post by StuAff »

A bump, to announce that my PCX is about to pass 50,000 miles. Just been for its latest service- think the belt and rollers are on their last legs, but the annual MOT inspection is due in a few weeks so I'll get those done then. Rear shocks were replaced, electrics behaving themselves (touch wood). Now sharing commute duties with the Xmax 400, but still doing 100+ miles a week on average (at current MPG, the Honda won't manage five days commute and the Xmax will, though the Honda is obviously still cheaper to run). Will probably look at getting another 300cc+ bike and saying goodbye to the PCX when the motorway works are finally done (60 mph on a 70 mph road is Not Fun).
MingRidesBikes
Color: Matte Black

Post by MingRidesBikes »

Purchased my 2011 PCX with 760 original miles on 12/30/20. Was gone the month of January for work. And now have 860 miles on the scoot! Will break 1000 before the month ends. 😎
2011 Honda PCX125
Build in progress
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Sandymay wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:16 am Thanks everyone, appreciate the response. This is at the dealership so it will be certified and I can see how comfortable I am with rolling it around and it’s weight, balance etc.
Since it is at a dealership - the asking price is probably much, much higher than you'd find for a similar PCX from a private seller!
Keep shopping around!

Fish
MingRidesBikes
Color: Matte Black

Post by MingRidesBikes »

MingRidesBikes wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:21 am Purchased my 2011 PCX with 760 original miles on 12/30/20. Was gone the month of January for work. And now have 860 miles on the scoot! Will break 1000 before the month ends. 😎
900 miles on my PCX now. :)
Installing new bars, mirrors, levers, and painting the handlebar riser cover. Pics coming soon
2011 Honda PCX125
Build in progress
pcx888
Regular User
Regular User
Color: pearl white

Post by pcx888 »

2011 PCX over 36,000 miles.
2011 White PCX
Michelin Tire City Grip Front and Rear
Aftermarket Thai Seat.
JDM Front lights and Rear Lights and Fender.
NCY Variator, And Face and 13 Dr. pulley sliders.
Rear NCY 1000 contra spring.
NCY Textured clutch bell.
Viper8
Year: 2018

Post by Viper8 »

I have a 2018 on 3100 mls
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

was able to take mine out for the first time since november due to bad snowy winter i now have 2326 miles on my 2016 pcx