How many miles do you have on your PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Docscooter2010
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: PCX Black

Re: How many miles do you have on your PCX

Post by Docscooter2010 »

105 miles on a 2019 reg , Hope the thunderstorms don't come as forcast for this week . Need to get some sunny miles under my belt .UK weather is rubbish !!
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy
Year: 2015
Color: Bronze

Post by Sandymay »

buddy1976 wrote:46k miles 2012/13 pcx just bought a forza but the pcx is engine sounds like its still ticking over like it did day 1
Sounds amazing Buddy.....so 12km is nothing. :)
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

another 25 miles today up to 733 now.
Mark2260
Color: Blue

Post by Mark2260 »

vito wrote:What possible reason does the UK have for showing the age of a vehicle on its license plate? Maybe I should not expect any sense from a country that drives on the WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD! But I still have a fond spot in my heart for the Brits, and I do care for the Queen (but not so much the rest of her family).
The reason is in my post, as for the biggest benefit spongers in the country, please feel free to adopt them and ship them over to your country.
Try not to feel sorry for them as they have so many public engagements to do every year and so many holidays.. sorry foreign visits that tire them out that they need more holidays, their time is over, they are outdated.
YBR125 07, CG125 07, CBR300R 15, CB500F 66, current: Forza 300 19
vito
Regular User
Regular User

Post by vito »

Mark2260 wrote:
vito wrote:What possible reason does the UK have for showing the age of a vehicle on its license plate? Maybe I should not expect any sense from a country that drives on the WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD! But I still have a fond spot in my heart for the Brits, and I do care for the Queen (but not so much the rest of her family).
The reason is in my post, as for the biggest benefit spongers in the country, please feel free to adopt them and ship them over to your country.
Try not to feel sorry for them as they have so many public engagements to do every year and so many holidays.. sorry foreign visits that tire them out that they need more holidays, their time is over, they are outdated.
You explained what the numbers mean, but not why this system is used in the first place. Just curious. Here in the U.S. we used to get new plates every year when we paid our annual registration fee. Plates were done somewhat randomly, with sequences of numbers grouped in geographical regions, but of no consequence or other meaning. As long as I can remember, license plates for specific people or professions existed (I grew up in New York state, where physicians had "MD" plates and foreign diplomats that "DPL" plates) and then most if not all states started offering "vanity" plates. Sometime a few decades ago the states got smart and started providing only a sticker to show that you paid the fees that year rather than a new metal license plate. In the former years it was nice to get a shiny, clean new license plate each year instead of just pasting the new sticker over the old, rusted, bug encrusted plate. But other than the special plates most states offer for truly antique cars, nothing on the plate would indicate how old or new the car is.
U.S. Army retired
Former MSF Instructor
Fully retired!
2019 Honda PCX150
2021 Can Am Spyder RT
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

Plates in the UK are assigned (generally) for the life of the vehicle, unlike the US. It is a quick and convenient way to ascertain the age of a vehicle. It all started in 1963 when the set of 3 numbers and 3 letters (like ABC 123 and 123 ABC) ran out, so it was started over with a letter after the number designating the year. Thus, my 1964 MG Midget was BFX 285B - back then the last 2 letters also designated the county in which the plate was issued.

A perfectly sensible set up until we got to the end of the alphabet again and started the current system. Perfectly logical for those of us who grew up driving on the correct side of the road.
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: WHITE

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

1100 on 2018. In few weeks, it should get about 3500 miles more on a ride from East Coast to Los Angeles.
outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by outlander »

Are there any pcx's with 200k+ miles?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

outlander wrote:Are there any pcx's with 200k+ miles?
I don't think they are old enough to have that many miles yet. As far as I know the first PCX was sold in 2010. Well, MAYBE in Thailand they might have some, but I am betting they stopped looking at the odometer the day they bought the bike. Consider 200,000 divided by 9 years. That's a little over 22,000 miles per year, which means that it would be ridden continuously. Even in Thailand I can't imagine 61 mile per day every single day, even during monsoons. BUT, who knows? There might be some out there in Thailand that are used for delivery.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
jburner
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX
Color: Black

Post by jburner »

How about 100k mi?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I am pretty sure the engine could do it. I'm not sure about the rest of the bike though. It would need to be maintained, just like any other bike would, but I think it could make it to 100k miles and beyond. I think there are some on this forum who have made it to or close to 50k miles, and the bikes are still running. I haven't heard from some of those members for quite some time now though.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

vito
Regular User
Regular User

Post by vito »

Mel46 wrote:I am pretty sure the engine could do it. I'm not sure about the rest of the bike though. It would need to be maintained, just like any other bike would, but I think it could make it to 100k miles and beyond. I think there are some on this forum who have made it to or close to 50k miles, and the bikes are still running. I haven't heard from some of those members for quite some time now though.
Not hearing from the high mileage members might be telling us something. And that something might be that these little scooters can last just so long, and then the owners move on to something else and stop writing on this forum. Even for most motorcyclists who ride daily as well as taking longer trips, 5 or 6 thousand miles a year are typical distances. So while some motorcycles last 200,000 miles or even more, 40 or 50 thousand after 10 years or so of ownership is much more common. In fact, most bikes are traded in with far less than that in mileage. For scooters that are mostly used locally or for short, non highway commutes, I would guess that 5 thousand miles a year is pretty common, so reaching 100 thousand is pretty unlikely in the life of the scoot.
U.S. Army retired
Former MSF Instructor
Fully retired!
2019 Honda PCX150
2021 Can Am Spyder RT
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Here is a YouTube video that shows the top miles so far.
https://youtu.be/c03XlRmglMg
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016

Post by big bear »

im up to 748 now im not sure but i think i read somewhere that the pcx odometer locks at 99999 miles
Ewing6553
Color: red

Post by Ewing6553 »

Bought May 2014 it was a 2015 model, Strange but true.
11,000 miles in its first year but only 140 miles last year.
Currently at 21,041.
Brice
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by Brice »

My 2013 will have 1050 at the end of today.

I bought mine used 2 months ago and got 500 miles traveled in June, taking on every commute to work and errand around town. I'll be delighted if I could get to 5k miles in a year. The scooter probably has more life left in it that I do. :o :lol:
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy
Color: Bronze

Post by Sandymay »

Thanks Brice
outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by outlander »

I'm moving to Oahu and my pcx will become my daily rider. It has 8000 miles on it now. In 3 years I am going to try to get to 100,000 miles and then I will replace it with an NM4.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

There aren't that many roads on Oahu. You would have to do a lot more riding than just commuting to get 100,000 miles on it. I know things have changed a lot since I lived there, but it is an island, and one side doesn't have much in the way of roads or sites and has a lot of military presence, so all of your riding will be done in areas not owned by the military for training and operations.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

accyuklad
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2010
Color: black

Post by accyuklad »

I use to own a Piaggio Carnaby 125 and sold it at 78,000 km and was still running fine without using up oil or smoking

long as you keep up with doing valve clearance check and oil changes etc they will last longer but if you just keep topping up oil and never do a oil change then something will give

my pcx 2010 as done around 15,000miles hopefully I will get this to last upto 50,000 or more but time will tell