Heidenau K66 4-Season Scooter Tire

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: Heidenau K66 4-Season Scooter Tire

Post by NADman »

https://www.travel-british-columbia.com ... y/kaleden/

Just a little south of Kelowna on Skaha Lake. A beauty!
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:I want to go on a long trip in September to Alberta.

The tire I used for the Yukon is almost worn out.

I am trying to wear it down so that I can change it before I go.

It won't wear down!!!

I went to Kamloops yesterday, 400 km and almost no wear on the tire.

I need to work today and to change my front fender mounted LED lights. One no longer works and the other cycles through flashing, low, high beam. The one flashing light is confusing people.

I might go to Kelowna tomorrow to wear the tire some more. Any excuse not to work. And maybe another city starting with K on Sunday. Suggestions?
Kansas. That'll do it.

If the tyre won't make it just click your heels together three times :lol:
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I am not sure if the USA government likes me. They don’t like people I no longer associate with. Too risky, I could end up in Cuba. They interrogated me for 45 minutes last time. Too many bad Jones’s in this world. I might go to Kimberly.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

davenowherejones wrote:maybe another city starting with K on Sunday. Suggestions?
Kaslo? Kootenay Bay? Kuskonook? Kimberley? All 4!
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

E. Foster Salsbury wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:maybe another city starting with K on Sunday. Suggestions?
Kaslo? Kootenay Bay? Kuskonook? Kimberley? All 4!
Great suggestions but a little far for a day trip. Age is very rapidly catching up with me.

Maybe c(K)linton tomorrow.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User

Well then how about Kibo?
Salsbury
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

E. Foster Salsbury wrote:Well then how about Kibo?
Kibo is a Japanese restaurant about 5 minutes from my house, very small, a little expensive, usually empty.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User

So, how was Kibo's today?
Salsbury
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Oh what a day of mistakes. I intended to go to Clinton today but I didn't really know where it is. I got up an hour early, first mistake. I ate breakfast at home, second mistake. I got to Boston Bar and found out I had left my wallet & cell phone at home, third mistake. I found twenty dollars in a pocket of my jacket. Good thing. I continued on to Clinton which is the next town north of Cache Creek. I stopped at an old church that was now an antique store. It used to be Anglican who I think sold me as a new born. I went home. The End.

I did not have to do a Monica in Clinton to get gas money. Sorry Bill.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Last Wednesday, 4 Sept, I went on the Duffey Lake Loop. Hope to Vancouver, Horseshoe Bay, Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton, Lillooet, Lytton, Boston Bar and back to Hope.

I had french fries at Trolls in Horseshoe Bay. McDonalds in Squamish, McDonalds in Pemberton, A&W in Lillooet.

I stopped to look at the Sea to Sky Gondola where someone had cut the 55 mm cable running the whole place. I would have been scared to be anywhere near that cable when it was cut. Very heavy wire.

It was a 669 km (415 mile) trip which was too long for my highly abused body. It was dark when I got home. I should have stayed the night in Lillooet like I sort of planned to do.

I had supper in Lillooet and figured I could do the 176 kilometers to home with no problems. It got dark. A section of road had some head sized rock fall down onto the road.

I got home and the rear tire was looking worn out. I figured it could go another 1000 km but the likelihood of a flat tire was increasing a lot.

I was down below the snow tire wear bar, I was down below the road tire wear bar and I was almost down to the wires. I wanted to get to the wires but old age made me stop.

At home I got the rear wheel off without too much difficulty. I even got the rear tire off without too much swearing.

I put on the pre-Yukon K66 with 5524 km on it. It WOULD NOT SEAT. I used straps, sex lube, dish soap, windex. I finally took the tire half off and started again. It was seated in 10 seconds. SOB.

I filled the tire with Ride-On tire sealant but I doubt it will work being contaminated with sex lube, dish soap & windex.

I have ridden the Forza 300 to Chilliwack and back. I might need to change the pressures a bit. I want 29 psi cold front & back. The front wears in a strange pattern.

The Yukon tire had 13,000 km (8000 miles) on it when I changed it. My previous CityGrip had 15,000 km (9000 miles). I think the CityGrip could have easily done the Yukon trip but the K66 probably was a safer tire.

I am having major body and head problems. I need to cut lawns but I waste too much time on the computer. The way things are going the used K66 might outlast me. Not good.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User

That's one hell of a days ride for the fun of it. Seems like excellent mileage for a mud and snow tire.

Do you have any way of holding the wheel when you change tires? I tried doing a tire change years ago but gave up and paid the $30 for the balance and install at the local shop. Would like to give it another try one of these days and save $30.

I threw a 10 spot in with my ownership and insurance after reading your post. I don't wanna do a lewinsky.
Salsbury
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I just put the wheel on the ground with a bit of cardboard. I am getting too old to do that. I might make a wheel stand for next time.

I have the https://fortnine.ca/en/motion-pro-beadp ... el-08-0536 tools which are way better than cheap spoons. I also don't care that I scratch the hell out of my black wheels.

Fortnine claim that the K66 is a four season tire but I could not find anything on the actual tire that said it was a winter tire. No M+S, no snowflake, no mountain peak. Heidenau does not claim the tire to be a snow tire either.

$30 is a great price for a motorcycle tire install. Locally it was much more and took a few days.

I had a local guy do a tire but he was in jail or the hospital the next time I wanted a tire done.

The Duffey Lake Loop is a famous ride but it is much over hyped. Too many tourists, very few places to pass, too much boring stuff. I live here so it is ordinary riding for me. The flatlanders go nuts about the mountains and curves. Fun though.

Too much brain damage, I forget everything, I forgot to work today, too much pain in my stomach muscles. Maybe tomorrow.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User

I see only the 12" and 16" have the MS designation.

Big dealer/shop charges $50. One small shop charges $30 and another small shop charges $50 if you bring your own tire and $25 if you buy the tire through them. $90 for tire spoons, I think I'll keep going to the shop. They do it same day and once did it while I waited. 30 cash no tax and balanced.
Salsbury
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Going to Harrison Hot Springs this afternoon. It will probably rain. The volcano might explode. Part of a mountain is being watched in case it slides and creates a tsunami. I am checking a lottery ticket while there, I might win.

All of the above could happen or I may just have a walk with a coffee over to the hot springs.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User

How much have you spent on lottery tickets in your lifetime?
Salsbury
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I did go to the Hot Springs but first I stopped at Popkum Tim Hortons where I could not find my lottery ticket. I bought another one but I also found my first one.

My Olympia 4 piece riding suit has 20 pockets. Too many sometimes. I could not find my motorcycle keys one day and started to panic. I dug out all the spare keys I could find. Eventually I found my keys in a pocket I don't normally use.

I ordered my jalapeño bagel & coffee. I saw an abandoned scratch & win lottery ticket on a table. No one was around so I grabbed it and put it through the scanner to win $5. I bought 5 $1 scratches with my winnings. I won $4 and bought 4 more scratches. I won $3, then I won $2 and then $1 and then it was time to ride.

I rode over the old Rosedale bridge and there were about 20 or more Model T & A's coming the other way. The cars were even older than the ancient bridge which actually was probably made after I was born.

I drove around Harrison to see how many electric cars were charging. Not many.

I parked on a back road because I refuse to pay for parking for a motorcycle (scooter).

I went to Miss Margarets in the Harrison Hot Springs Hotel were they proudly serve Starbucks brand but they are not a Starbucks!

I was wearing my very colourful Rockstar jersey with my baggy Olympia mesh pants. I think I broke a few mirrors and security was approaching me to get out of the Hotel.

I started sweating on the walk over to the Hot Springs. There is a bit of a puddle beside the Hot Springs and a few delightful young ladies had taken off their pants to go paddling. I should have taken a FEW pictures.

Breckenridge mountain did not fall down, no tsunami. Mt Garibaldi, Mt Meager & Mount Baker did not blow their volcanic tops. There were only a few drops of rain. I will check my extra lottery ticket tomorrow, stay tuned.

I was tired so I came straight home.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

E. Foster Salsbury wrote:How much have you spent on lottery tickets in your lifetime?
I hope I never find the answer to this question, I don't want to know, too much?
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User

You're gonna win it all back anyway
Salsbury
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

E. Foster Salsbury wrote:You're gonna win it all back anyway
Tomorrow!
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

When I will all I want is a 2020 Vespa GTS and a mint 2013 PCX150.

The 13 PCX is still the fastest and best handling gen imo.
:geek: