crash!!

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: crash!!

Post by GatorGreg »

That sounds like good advice from Fish - except I'd recommend an old S2000 instead to keep it in the Honda family :) I hope your wife can fully recover Mel - I feel your pain as I suffered a badly broken leg myself 2 years ago and it took a long time to fully recover. Good luck to you both.
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

GatorGreg wrote:That sounds like good advice from Fish - except I'd recommend an old S2000 instead to keep it in the Honda family :) I hope your wife can fully recover Mel - I feel your pain as I suffered a badly broken leg myself 2 years ago and it took a long time to fully recover. Good luck to you both.

Ooh the convertibles. I had one of these for a while fast if thrashed it. Really fast to be honest. But truly unsatsfying. That and a z4 made me never ever want this type of car again. Actually they made me lose interest in cars in general.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

you you wrote:
GatorGreg wrote:That sounds like good advice from Fish - except I'd recommend an old S2000 instead to keep it in the Honda family :) I hope your wife can fully recover Mel - I feel your pain as I suffered a badly broken leg myself 2 years ago and it took a long time to fully recover. Good luck to you both.

Ooh the convertibles. I had one of these for a while, fast if thrashed. Really fast to be honest. But truly unsatsfying. That and a z4 made me never ever want this type of car again. Actually they made me lose interest in cars in general.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I had a chance to look over the bikes recently, to see how they faired in the accident. I won't start working on them for awhile since my doctor just determined that I tore a tendon in my wrist from the accident and I have to let it heal. I was surprised at how well the bikes held up. From my perspective it looks like each bike had about $100 - $150 worth of damage, excluding the tall windshields, which will cost about $170 each. So that means at most each bike will cost me around $300 to fix to near new condition. The plastics saved us from additional injuries and the bikes started right up. I couldn't ask for more from them. Unfortunately, it looks like they will be fixed and then sold as my wife no longer wants to ride, and she has told me that I should not either. I guess that I will be relegated to a rocking chair from now on. Well, I still have the memories.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Take the winter off Mel and maybe Mrs. Mel will change her perspective by April or so ... but then again, maybe not. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:I had a chance to look over the bikes recently, to see how they faired in the accident. I won't start working on them for awhile since my doctor just determined that I tore a tendon in my wrist from the accident and I have to let it heal. I was surprised at how well the bikes held up. From my perspective it looks like each bike had about $100 - $150 worth of damage, excluding the tall windshields, which will cost about $170 each. So that means at most each bike will cost me around $300 to fix to near new condition. The plastics saved us from additional injuries and the bikes started right up. I couldn't ask for more from them. Unfortunately, it looks like they will be fixed and then sold as my wife no longer wants to ride, and she has told me that I should not either. I guess that I will be relegated to a rocking chair from now on. Well, I still have the memories.

Mel, why not do a separate post on how your wife, and yourself are doing? I'd really like that, what does everyone else think?
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

you you wrote:
Mel46 wrote:Mel, why not do a separate post on how your wife, and yourself are doing? I'd really like that, what does everyone else think?
I think that's a great idea. Mel it may also help you and your wife's recovery.

And your wife may realise that bikes are not a bad thing, and maybe you can continue to ride together in a quieter environment.

Just thinking and wishing things will get better for you both.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I think that is a good idea. Before I do that just let me say that she is slowly getting better now, though she tries to push herself sometimes and her body fights back. She spends a lot of time in pain but she gets up and gets dressed each morning as though she is going to make it through a whole day, though she never makes it more than a few hours before she is in so much pain that she has to go back to bed. We went to the doctor recently and he was happy with her progress. It will be a slow recovery, probably 6 months or more. She just has to forgive her body for not being able to keep up with her mind. Otherwise, everything is moving as it should toward her recovery. We haven't gotten the bills yet. Maybe that is a good thing.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers