How to replace panels on PCX 125

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

McGoff

Re: How to replace panels on PCX 125

Post by McGoff »

I love my brown color. When I crashed I searched the internet and found powerbypcx.com. But as you wrote, there are panels only in black, white, gray and red color. I hope in the future that they start offer a brown color.

And I also hope that price of parts for new PCX will decrease in the near future!
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

I wish that Honda offered the brown PCX in Spain!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

So, what are you doing in terms of re-painting? Did you manage to get the original colour or going with something else? Interesting that plastic can be welded - thought it could be glued from the inside and smoothed over/painted from the outside.
McGoff

Post by McGoff »

Hi guys and girls. I need quick help please. I had call from service and they told me that after they bended rear passengers footboard back they found that right footboard is 2-3 cm higher than left one :? And body panels fits o_O

I would like to ask owners of new PCX (2014, v3) if they can measure the height of footboards from floor when the scooter is on the main stand? The best would be if you can measure it on front and rear part of footboard, when the footboard is folded and opened.

For better understanding of ​​what to measure I am attaching a picture.
Attachments
Height of footboard?
Height of footboard?
čokoláda (2).JPG (209.07 KiB) Viewed 1211 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

There are curious irregularities in the 2015 design too, I will look at this for you but I have always sensed my center stand was not leveling the bike.

Since we are looking for irregularities, here is one I should not mention because Whitenoise will bust a gear in his head. The rear wheel or rear fended is offset as in your pictures and mine. I noticed this when I shortened my tuxedo tail. Hopefully its the fender offset to the right and not the wheel offset to the left o_O
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

homie wrote:There are curious irregularities in the 2015 design too, I will look at this for you but I have always sensed my center stand was not leveling the bike.
Can't check right now, but I always park using the center stand and when parked that way at work, to me it looks perfectly upright - unless I've not noticed! (easy to judge by parking in a bright under-ground car-park than on my drive)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

1/4 inch difference from floor to bottom of passenger peg (deployed). I blame the center stand
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

My rear number plate is dead level too, I think I would notice 1/4 inch or more. Interesting to see others feedback on this one (and I'll try and remember to check when I arrive at work tomorrow).
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

There is a tool for assisting in panel removal, I know one of you guys has it. Could I get a picture of it or maybe if you get a chance link to purchase in the US. I will need this tool this winter with my service manual that you guys already helped me find.

If not then just the name of the plastic tool will get me off and searching.
Thanks in advance.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

homie wrote:Since we are looking for irregularities, here is one I should not mention because Whitenoise will bust a gear in his head. The rear wheel or rear fender is offset as in your pictures and mine. I noticed this when I shortened my tuxedo tail. Hopefully its the fender offset and not the wheel offset to the frame LOL
OH the perils of being a MONK!
McGoff

Post by McGoff »

Another who can measure it? Should it be 44 cm?
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

McGoff wrote:Another who can measure it? Should it be 44 cm?
I have just measured, and when the scooter is on the main stand, both left and right footboards have exactly the same height: 44cm when folded, and 41.5cm when opened. These measures are from the floor to the highest part of the end of the footboard (not the lower part of it). If you need other measures or anything please do not hesitate in letting us know ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

homie wrote:There is a tool for assisting in panel removal, I know one of you guys has it. Could I get a picture of it or maybe if you get a chance link to purchase in the US. I will need this tool this winter with my service manual that you guys already helped me find.

If not then just the name of the plastic tool will get me off and searching.
Thanks in advance.
I have read your question a little late, but in case that you have not purchased the tools, their name is "trim removal tool set" or something like that, and I have purchased it online on eBay from this seller:
http://www.ebay.es/itm/BRAND-NEW-11-PIE ... 20ceec7789

But there are multiple options, and knowing that you live in the States, you can have a look at Harbor Freight Tools or some similar place, and I'm sure that they will have lots of models to choose from! ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Btw McGoff your wrecked PCX is a 2015 in every sense and I hope you can bring her back to original shine. I dub thee proud owner of the 2015 PCX and join thee to the owners PARADE! You are the 29th member to turn up on a 2015 design Congratulation!
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

'88 BMW R100RT
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I was looking for them and they were at HF all of this time. :oops:
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

When I lived in the States I purchased lots of tools from HF and after coming back to Spain, I wish that I had purchased even more!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2015 Honda PCX 125
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

....and there's always Amazon dot com :P What would we do without Amazon & Wally World?

What's this chatter about the scoot being uneven? Center stand guilty? Tomorrow I shall look for an off center rear tire. Homie, why must you bring such troublesome info to the board? :lol: I need blindfolds for your posts. Call my "Doctor, Doctor!"
:lol: I will return the favor one day when I find something a bit....you know, o d d ;) but then, I already have a few known up my sleeve :D
If You're smart, you'll make Your appt now :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

@ pcxpower, please add your scoot year & color. C'mon now! We all know it's White and a 2014 or 15 no secret. Go on now...Add it! Spain, Be Proud :D :P cheers
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

WhiteNoise wrote:@ pcxpower, please add your scoot year & color. C'mon now! We all know it's White and a 2014 or 15 no secret. Go on now...Add it! Spain, Be Proud :D :P cheers
Done! ;)

If I remember correctly, initially I had the information in my signature, but when I tried to add the "fuelly" info, I think that I deleted it... :oops: :oops: :oops: :D :D
2015 Honda PCX 125