Crankcase breather tube - Difficulty in removing plastic

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: Crankcase breather tube - Difficulty in removing plastic

Post by iceman »

Over! Experienced this problem for myself this morning as I could remove the clip but the damn plastic tube was fixed tight. Not got a heat gun so for now it can stay where it is - besides getting dirty is there usually anything in it to remove?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

iceman wrote:Over! Experienced this problem for myself this morning as I could remove the clip but the damn plastic tube was fixed tight. Not got a heat gun so for now it can stay where it is - besides getting dirty is there usually anything in it to remove?

Hairdryer?
Sasso
Year: 2015

Post by Sasso »

As before try the just yank it with all your might and don't care if it breaks. Try and get something behind the top end... So like tweezers or wire to break the "seal" it has around the black tube end. But yeah they seem to withstand a lot of force or more than I expected so just be rough with it.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Sasso wrote:As before try the just yank it with all your might and don't care if it breaks. Try and get something behind the top end... So like tweezers or wire to break the "seal" it has around the black tube end. But yeah they seem to withstand a lot of force or more than I expected so just be rough with it.
:) - was afraid to pull to hard (!) as I did not have another to fit and I was not sure if crap would get sucked in if the tube was left off for a period of time. I know they are pence (or £5 from a dealer no doubt) but I do not have one to hand. I'll have another go at some point - no hair-dryer or heat gun to hand, but it can wait till the weather gets a bit warmer.
lightpower
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by lightpower »

Personally I found design of this tube funny (why force people to clean this thing - I dunno). I have heard about air filters that can replace tube...

Anyway my idea (if I would not be able to remove tube) would be to open air filter case and drain fluid from inside.

I have no idea how but putting inside something that can absorb water would be a good start (as long as you can take it out)
Using straw would be an option but this is not kind of drink I would enjoy :)