PCX 125 2018 remove side panels

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

trumpeter999
Year: 2018
Color: red

Re: PCX 125 2018 remove side panels

Post by trumpeter999 »

I've managed to route the cable without removing all of the panels. I would still like to know how to remove the panels and I'm sure a decent description or video will surface at some point. Meanwhile, in case it's of help to someone, here's basically what I did:

Pull off the centre column plastic cover and undo the two screws holding the keyhole shroud. The shroud pulls straight off (there are two snap clips on the right).
Remove the rubber cover on the footplate, undo the screws and three bolts that are underneath, and remove the small plastic cover over the fluid reservoir.
Remove the screw holding the front of the rear side panel.
Drill holes for control switch and light (if required).
Push the cable through the hole in the shroud, then the hole next to the ignition, then down towards the front wheel. Cable tie the cable and then push through to the footplate. Route along under the footplate.
Then for the fiddly bit: I pushed some strimmer cable through the hole next to the battery, recovered it under the footplate, tied it to the power cable, and pulled through. I used gaffer tape to tie off loose ends that might snag.

The whole thing took me about three hours! And I still need to fit the heated grips!

I hope this is helpful
trumpeter999

Post by trumpeter999 »

One for the mods: I'd like to be able to edit my original post to note that there's a partial solution, save people wasting time trawling the thread. Is there any way to do that, please?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Neil, what is it that you would like to edit? Perhaps I can do that for you.
You can mention it right here OR you can...

keep posting on the forum(s) till you have enough posts to pm me (that would be a total of 15). You're just shy of that now.

Thank you for forging ahead on this and sharing your success ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
trumpeter999

Post by trumpeter999 »

Hi Modsquad

Thanks for your comment. I'll certainly be sticking around, so I'm bound to reach 15 posts fairly soon. In the meantime, I think it would be nice to have a note in my first message saying something like, "partly solved: panels not removed but cables successfully routed behind them".

Just so that anyone coming to the thread wanting to fully remove the panels doesn't have to trawl the whole thread only to discover that the answer isn't here!

Neil
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Go check. Okay?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
trumpeter999

Post by trumpeter999 »

Thanks WhiteNoise :-)