Rear suspension question from new owner

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: white

Re: Rear suspension question from new owner

Post by dick the den »

gbru2505 wrote:I moved from a Vision 110 to the PCX and thought the extra expense would mean a smoother ride. I was wrong. The Vision wasn't great as the roads around here are lousy. I do think that tyres soften over time - and that I'm lazy about keeping them fully pressured. I know that it will increase wear, but the roads are getting worse every year. I don't really mind as my daily commute is so routine that i know each and every bump. My main problem is if I go for a ride around the local country lanes and I can't relax as much as I'd like because I'm watching the road surface closely.
I Use to own a Honda vision 110,did 14500 miles on it,brilliant little scoot was better when I put new tyres on it,bridgestone battlax,s ,went right over and in the wet,did put it though a lot,may be I should have got another one,but I didn't,so in came a Peugeot 125 tweet.its good ,and very good,may be next time ..
sucotronic
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: Rear suspension question from new owner

Post by sucotronic »

dick the den wrote:
gbru2505 wrote:I moved from a Vision 110 to the PCX and thought the extra expense would mean a smoother ride. I was wrong. The Vision wasn't great as the roads around here are lousy. I do think that tyres soften over time - and that I'm lazy about keeping them fully pressured. I know that it will increase wear, but the roads are getting worse every year. I don't really mind as my daily commute is so routine that i know each and every bump. My main problem is if I go for a ride around the local country lanes and I can't relax as much as I'd like because I'm watching the road surface closely.
I Use to own a Honda vision 110,did 14500 miles on it,brilliant little scoot was better when I put new tyres on it,bridgestone battlax,s ,went right over and in the wet,did put it though a lot,may be I should have got another one,but I didn't,so in came a Peugeot 125 tweet.its good ,and very good,may be next time ..
The Vision and the PCX are great for city riding, but whenever you've to go out of a city, the lack of power is sooo infuriating :S Now with the Beverly I can do the road part at 110km/h no problem, and because of the bigger wheel and different riding position (vs the forza), have no problem with potholes or whatever is on the road. I'll say also that the seat position is higher than in the Vision.