Heated grips

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: Heated grips

Post by iceman »

Rather than pay near £100 for the more expensive handguards, better to buy the Ebay universal ones for £10 (links some pages back) and fork out for Gerber heated gloves for £100 (the scooter type rather than more substantial sports bike type).
A bit more but the gloves heating element is guaranteed for life, and over many years of cold weather riding this will guarantee you have warm hands.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Heated grips

Post by you you »

mowzertron wrote:
outlander wrote:I didn't think the pcx could handle heated grips?

Any pics of the install?
I've installed Oxford Hot Grips Premium Touring Heated Grips OF691 (from eBay) and they work fine. Install is relatively simple. Two major snags

1) removing bar ends. You will need an impact driver to remove as they're secured with Red Locktite. Don't try without tools as you will damage screws.
2) feeding power from battery to front of cycle - I had to remove back panel, seat and the underseat luggage box. Thread the power cable supplied from battery, downwards through cycle then towards front end, emerging above front wheel. I found it easier to attach power cable to a stretched wire coat hanger with tape, then feeding it through bike. (Saves removing side panels).
I just picked up a switched live from under the front panel and tapped into that.