U.S. Warranty

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: U.S. Warranty

Post by gn2 »

Rick54 wrote:gn2, fair enough. If you owned one for 3 years, then your thoughts are warranted. As for the types of roads I'd travel, they would be mixed in town and suburban. As far as 60-70 on the interstate and passing, never!!
First, I'm looking for a scooter that is reliable. Should a friend and I want to take a 40 mile round trip on back roads to the next town over for a burger on our scooters, I want to be confident it'll make the trip. Second, I want it to be a fun to ride scooter. I want it to be economical to go visit friends with or to zip to the grocery store 5 miles away for a loaf of bread or a pound of butter. Where it wouldn't be economical for me to always take the pick-up for these short trips. Also, my question to the warranty has been answered.
So in short, I'm looking for something reliable, won't have parts falling off as I motor down the road and will operate in the range of 25-50 mph going down the road without the worries of being passed by a box turtle! I don't really think this is too much to ask of the PCX?I am not interested in a 150cc crotch rocket!
I'd be happy to post a pic of the new scooter, then again posting pics is another whole new learning curve.
Sounds like a PCX will meet your needs perfectly well, and looked after carefully it will be just fine reliability wise.
Don't be tempted to do any fiddling about, leave it as standard as possible and just follow the maintenance schedule.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

WhiteNoise wrote:Stretching miles at a steady 55-63 will get tiring and that ain't Fun to "Me." That screams out... buy a bigger bike!! (Not happening yet)
That is exactly why I am getting a Honda Forza... The PCX 150 is just not fast enough to use on the highway. I like a scooter to get out of town and ride out in the country. The PCX150 is also not as safe as the Honda Forza since it does not have ABS. I already have a bicycle, why would I want a PCX150 :lol:

Actually, I have a Honda SH150i scooter because I like the huge 16 inch wheels, and it is great, but I have the same problem... Not fast enough to keep up on the highway, and no ABS. I looked at the PCX150 and am really glad I did not ge it, I really need a Honda Forza !!!!!!!

Mike
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Buy one Mike!! It's the one for You. I get it. Holiday gift to self? I def like that! 8)

Still asking: Location?
We're a curious lot, we'd like to know where you roll on your SH150i & Future New Forza :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JetPilot »

WhiteNoise wrote:Buy one Mike!! It's the one for You. I get it. Holiday gift to self? I def like that! 8)

Still asking: Location?
We're a curious lot, we'd like to know where you roll on your SH150i & Future New Forza :)
Hi White Noise,

Sorry I forgot to add location, I will do it now. I am located in Motorcycle Hell, better known in most of the world as Miami.

We have AMAZING riding weather all year, so you really wna to ride :D BUT, there is so much traffic, and so many stupid drivers, it is too dangerous to ride in the city. Miami is like living on an island, with ocean to one side, constant city congestion for 100 miles to the north, and impassible everglades on the other side. There is exactly 1 road in a resonable distance that is pretty, and that gets me out of town, everything else dangerous, and ugly, city traffic for at least 60 miles .... Riding with a bunch of traffic trying to kill you, and seeing nothing but cars and stinking parking lots is not riding...

Mike
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Whoa...not NY but Florida! Alrighty then, Miami. Motorcycle Hell! :lol: Yes yes very congested where you are. I lived on the westcoast for 15 years. Way north of Miami across and over. Up by Crystal River. Mucho less traffic, almost like a seperate State (really!)
In my early teens I had relatives in Hollywood and Miramar...not far from you. There was traffic even then! I rode a small shifty Honda around town. I was plum crazy going on Hollywood Boulevard with no riding experience. I rode onto the beach and the sand....well, it caught me. First dump. Heh, We Were Braver then :D

Here's a question Mike...have you been on Alligator Alley (see below: 75/93) with yer scoot or any bike? That's a straight-away ride over to Naples. I think I recall only one gas station along the way, hmm..closer to the Miami side. Are there more stations now?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (200.57 KiB) Viewed 339 times
Thanks for adding your location Cheers Floridian :P Ride Safe!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Sorry for hijacking your thread Rick.
Topic was/is Warranty...I rode in another direction. Scusi :oops:
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JetPilot »

WhiteNoise wrote:
Here's a question Mike...have you been on Alligator Alley (see below: 75/93) with yer scoot or any bike? That's a straight-away ride over to Naples. I think I recall only one gas station along the way, hmm..closer to the Miami side. Are there more stations now?
image.jpeg
Thanks for adding your location Cheers Floridian :P Ride Safe!
Hi White Noise,

I have been on Alligator Alley with my motorcycles many times, but not the scooter. Most traffic on there is going 80 + MPH, so riding the SH150i on there would be scary. There is only one gas station on there still, but I carry non ethanol gas with me, so rarely use outside stations unless I am on a long ride of more than 250 miles.

Unless you like traffic and stinking parking lots. You do not see schit on the east coast anymore.. Unless you like looking at the back of cars, constant traffic and stinking parking lots. Ocean drive is gridlocked traffic, and hotels / condos blocking view of the water. So even the beach drive around here SUCKS.

I ride to the west coast all the time, but I much prefer to ride Tamiami Trail that is south of I 75 to get there. Speeds are about 60 MPH, and there is much less traffic, so I can do it on my Honda SH150i and even the Honda GROM... Once I get to the west coast, there are some really nice riding areas. BUT, that means at least 3 hours of riding just getting there and back.... So any ride at all needs to be a all day ride, its not worth it to spend 3 hours commuting just to ride in a nice area for an hour or two... My average ride is about 8 hours on the bike.

Mike
Rick54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Rick54 »

Not a problem WhiteNoise.