When the fuel gauge starts to blink..

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: When the fuel gauge starts to blink..

Post by you you »

relic wrote:Had a Karmann Ghia with a reserve switch. back in the day when one would pull into a full serve gas station and say put a couple bucks in.

Be worth a bit now
dust
Year: 2017
Color: Matte Grey

Post by dust »

alx123 wrote:Scoot won't start when im about to leave home, so I have no choice but to rely on a coke bottle.
That leafy funnel is amazing :lol:

My Yamaha Nouvo once choked going up the ramp of a basement parking garage. It took me a moment to realize I had run out of gas. I didn't really consider any other options but to push the scooter up the ramp and down the street until I found a gas station. Fortunately I went the right way and found one a few blocks down the road. This was in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam so shoving a scooter down the road wasn't as attention grabbing as you might think. I did feel like a total muppet though.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

After many years and much experience at pushing cars that are out of gas, I am now one of those people who start looking for a gas station at 1/2 of a tank left. We have had occasions when we were nowhere near a gas station when the gauge hit the 1/2 mark, and by the time we found a station the gauge had been blinking for quite some time.

There are actually some back roads here in Georgia that don't have any gas stations. Sometimes you can't even get a cell signal or a GPS signal. Talk about scary!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers