Introduction and a couple of queries

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

MayHem
Year: 2012
Color: Red

Re: Introduction and a couple of queries

Post by MayHem »

you you wrote:If it is still sitting high I'd be tempted to remove the excess with a syringe and tube otherwise the crank will be spinning in too much oil. Won't really do any harm but it'll affect mpg/performance slightly.
Will do, got a dirty big syringe with a tube sitting on my workshop bench. Thanks for the suggestion!
2012 PCX150 - Red Sold
2015 PCX150 - White
2015 PCX150 - Red
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

MayHem wrote:
you you wrote:If it is still sitting high I'd be tempted to remove the excess with a syringe and tube otherwise the crank will be spinning in too much oil. Won't really do any harm but it'll affect mpg/performance slightly.
Will do, got a dirty big syringe with a tube sitting on my workshop bench. Thanks for the suggestion!

Yay, get me :lol:

Homie where's my place in the whisperers list?
Scoot Commute
Color: White

Post by Scoot Commute »

HI MayHem
I too am in Brisbane with a 2012, 150 PCX. To date I have done 8000km with all the standard servicing all the standard servicing except the valves .

When adjusting your valves did you pull all the plastics off and would have any tips please. I am looking at facing my fears over Christmas and having a go.
Any advice appreciated
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Scoot Commute wrote:HI MayHem
I too am in Brisbane with a 2012, 150 PCX. To date I have done 8000km with all the standard servicing all the standard servicing except the valves .

When adjusting your valves did you pull all the plastics off and would have any tips please. I am looking at facing my fears over Christmas and having a go.
Any advice appreciated

Why? Is it running ok?
MayHem

Post by MayHem »

Yeah bro every plastic almost haha. It is a mission. I'm about to do it again this weekend for my brother. If you google and search this site there is a very informative guide somewhere
2012 PCX150 - Red Sold
2015 PCX150 - White
2015 PCX150 - Red
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Any advice appreciated
If you're on the southside, I don't mind scooting over to lend a hand.
Well, if you're on the northside, I can take the car instead of the scooter. :P

Gav.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

WOW, beautiful scooter Red really pops , and only 500 + miles. No wonder the valves were tight. Never had the break-in adjustment .. Now you should be good to go.. Finding a good seat for your ass is the hard part.. PCX Achilles heel ??!!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

you you wrote:
MayHem wrote:

Yay, get me :lol:

Homie where's my place in the whisperers list?
Dirty syringe. Yay, get me. Too funny :lol: What a character. Wait! A whisperer? Shall we vote? :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
MayHem

Post by MayHem »

chicaboo wrote:

Any advice appreciated

Gav.
Comon Gav, don't be so soft, the PCX can go everywhere!
2012 PCX150 - Red Sold
2015 PCX150 - White
2015 PCX150 - Red
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

MayHem wrote:
chicaboo wrote:

Any advice appreciated

Gav.
Comon Gav, don't be so soft, the PCX can go everywhere!
My PCX has always been affected by wind badly on the HWY. I dunno if it's a mechanical issue or just my size.
It can do 115kph, but I get knocked left to right and back again continuously when doing anything over 90~100kph.
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013

Post by k2apache6.0 »

MayHem wrote:Ok well I have only done 50km on the PCX, not enough to really get a feel of the standard shocks, so I suppose I will consider the shock upgrade. Do you recommend the G-Euro or the G-Plus? The G-plus looks more aesthetically pleasing with the reservoir at the top of the shock but I can't find much info on the ratings for the G-Plus?

Cheers

I have the G Plus on mine, however, they only come in one spring setting (L) they will be too soft for you. I'm 180lbs and need 4 turns of spring preload and that's about perfect for my weight.
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113