Plastic body panels? where from? thugs smashed them :-(

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: Plastic body panels? where from? thugs smashed them :-(

Post by GatorGreg »

First off - sorry about your damage - I hope they find the idiots that did it and cut off their hands. That said, I'm sort of diggin how your PCX looks now with the damage - it has sort of a naked bike/street-fighter look now - I love the exposed tubular stuff under the nose! It looks kind of cool especially with the industrial looking matte carbon paint - not sure the name of that paint scheme? As long as everything still works I'd consider just leaving it alone and telling people you have the all new PCX Street Fighter Edition 8)
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

GatorGreg wrote:First off - sorry about your damage - I hope they find the idiots that did it and cut off their hands. That said, I'm sort of diggin how your PCX looks now with the damage - it has sort of a naked bike/street-fighter look now - I love the exposed tubular stuff under the nose! It looks kind of cool especially with the industrial looking matte carbon paint - not sure the name of that paint scheme? As long as everything still works I'd consider just leaving it alone and telling people you have the all new PCX Street Fighter Edition 8)
The problem with leaving the front exposed is that it makes it easier to get at the ignition wires--which is probably what the punks were looking for when they tore it open.
TedAnt
Color: black

Post by TedAnt »

stevengeorgebooth wrote:cheers all, so a quick look around shows plastics coming in at £250+, Ignition mechanism £55, Steering column bit... no idea. Not really fussed with fixing steering lock bit as its obviously ineffective but should i sell at some point it would be best to have it fit. Still shopping but for ease and speed may have to take the insurance hit: don't have any no claims, i lost 6 years worth by having a 2 year non-riding gap.
Anyone know if having a claim on a bike affects car insurance premium?

Thanks mark1973, the windscreen is the only plastic that survived. I'll take the rest of your fairings though if you don't need them :-P
I had my first scoot stolen and turned in a claim. My rates didn't go up. Color me happily surprised!!
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Insurance companies in general won't raise your rates if something happened to you that's not your fault. But After things happen two- three times and not your fault, they usually will cancel you. They're not interested in figuring out exactly why you have multiple no fault claims, they just move on.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
stevengeorgebooth
Color: grey

Post by stevengeorgebooth »

hi all,

Just thought i'd send an update!

so i fixed it myself, ended up more damage than i thought but cost me about £340 to fix.
After deciding i'd fix it i realized i was missing something - the speedo, luckily went back and found it in another bush, that alone would've been the best part of £250. Only looks like a streetfighter PCX edition if you don't have the speedo on :-P

Extra damage included ignition mount bent, steering lock mount bent and other bits of what i assume are cast iron. Snapping the steering lock doesn't just snap it, it bends every bit of metal out of position in the vicinity. Now just lok it with chains and don't both with the steering lock in case some bugger snaps it again before trying to remove the chains! steering lock appears useless anyhow.

Cut wires were corrected using soldering and the amazing shrink wrap insulation tube!! last time i soldered it was insulation tape, this stuff is great!

Fairing replaced, have to take the arse off the thing just to replace the main side fairing! good to know should i (anyone) have a spill. Was a semi helpful guide on here but was for a 2014 pcx. Front end is different but take time and its easy to figure out.

Drives like new now, closed the insurance case, although it'll still be recorded, but technically haven't claimed so don't think it'll affect premium unless they start asking has it ever been stolen.

Worse part is they didn't catch the guys so everyone that walks through the development looking a bit dodge i think its them who nicked it :-/
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Looking at the way you had your bike chained I see some possible problems. If the want the bike it looks like they can put a dolly under the front tire and roll it over to a van without any problem. If I were you I would cement a big I hook into the side of the parking area, close to the BACK wheel and run the chain through it before running it through your tire. That way it won't go anywhere, even if they broke the steering lock, though I would hope that they would be smart enough to see that it is chained, especially if you give yourself a reminder such as a bright colored rope from the chain to your handlebars.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
stevengeorgebooth
Color: grey

Post by stevengeorgebooth »

thanks, it is chained to the wall using a anchor mount and chain, all be it through the front wheel. i was then concerned they may simple unbolt the front wheel to steal it so put a chain on the back as well (not anchored). At one point also had a disc lock with bright reminder too! if they can be arsed to go through all that trouble to steal it they can have it! as long as they properly steal so i can get money for it because then i'll upgrade to a Honda CB500R :D
Patkin3484
Color: Gloss White

Post by Patkin3484 »

I know this is too late for OP but it may assist others. I bought a full set of white panels and black parts from Bikerzbits Thailand. Speak to Emmet Malloy. They are great, fast shipping too.
northernmunky
Color: red

Post by northernmunky »

I know its too late for you but to help anyone else, I bought all my replacement fairing panels from partxport_shop store on eBay. They ship from Thailand, takes about a week an a half to arrive but cheaper than anywhere else I could find and easiest to search for and purchase.

My front windshield I amazingly found someone on Craigslist selling my exact model for £20, (I waited a week and he dropped the price to a tenner). (And yes, I did suspect that it might be mine, but it was indeed legit in the end!)