What Would You do?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Post by DioTiAma »

With all due respect Johnny, ABS on Honda bikes is impeccable (i'm not talking about the rear suspension because then i would be a liar)! Kymco's ABS on the other hand (i.e. XCiting 400 ABS, lovely machine with a lot of issues)...
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Post by DioTiAma »

Paul, not that it matters anymore but, front caliber has three pistons, as you correctly stated above. I was wrong when i said it was two. Well, not wrong, misinformed!
Treeman

Re: What Would You do?

Post by Treeman »

For me, ABS is a must have, simple as that. The loss of skin is painful, trust me!
2010 Gold Wing/ABS
2007 Burgman Executive
1977 BMW R100/7
2013 Kymco Agility 125
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: ...

Post by davenowherejones »

DioTiAma wrote:ABS is safer Johnny. If you ever fell from a bike with NO ABS while braking hard, well, it is safer having one from every angle you see it (in Europe, starting this year, scooters with bigger displacement than 125cc MUST have)! Paul, front caliper has two pistons, not three. One is activated while pressing the left lever along with the single piston of the rear caliper. Both pistons are activated when braking only with the right lever. And Dave, just clean the area more often (brake cleaner, grease on the pins -43235-HP1-006 & 45131-ML7-921- & then washing). I changed my rear brake pads after 24000km. Have a nice day guys.
It almost sounds like the rear brake system is designed for those guys who only ride on sunny days in the summer. It rains a lot here on the west wet coast of Canada. I would be re-greasing the pins every week. A Honda should be better than a Harley. Sadly not any more.