Death Wobble

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Death Wobble

Post by waspmike »

SECoda wrote:I read Honda did a tire recall in SE Asia a few years ago on the PCX for inducing wobble.
Are you serious? We don't have recalls here. If there is a problem, at least with cars, it gets discretely fixed at the next service. If you told people here to bring their car in for free stuff the dealers would be swamped.

For motorcycles? Maybe and very maybe there might be something for bikes over 300cc as they are sold, serviced and very expensive from a separate dealership network. BMW might send an email/text to all owners of a certain bike as would maybe KTM etc. Ducati had something once in the US for their plastic gas tanks which may have filtered down here.

But a "recall" for PCX no way.

If a PCX has a wobble, given the speeds are quite low there is something loose or tires have degraded. Even out of balance doesn't cause wobble.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

waspmike wrote: Are you serious? We don't have recalls here. If there is a problem, at least with cars, it gets discretely fixed at the next service. If you told people here to bring their car in for free stuff the dealers would be swamped.
I'm beginning to think we don't do them here either since I have been waiting for the dealer to call me back for weeks about my airbag recall, driving with safety classes. You know the one that blows bits of steel into your face some day in the future for no apparent reason. I think because there is such to push over there to allow mechanics to service every little thing (ie the unavailability of SM's) that you guys might actually manage this discrete protocol.
martago
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by martago »

I posted the previous message on September 13 regarding the wobble on a PCX 125 2014 when changing lane or changing direction and lightly applying the brakes to reduce speed. As I drove motorcycles before, I am used to reduce speed by using the front brake and not the rear brake. I am using the same method on this scooter, thus I only use the right brake lever when reducing speed on the PCX 125, and if I am not on an exact straight line, I get a wobble.

My question is: shall I use the left brake lever, that applies the combined front and rear brake? Or shall I use both levers at the same time? Remember I am not referring to a full stop/hard braking, but rather slowing down speed. Thanks for any info.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Always use both levers together.
Even using the front brake only there should be no significant wobble.
If you are having wobbles its possibly indicative of a fault with your suspension, steering or tyres or a combination of some or all of the above.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

It sounds like you actually have a brake pulse from the front rotor. Which my bike has.
There is no tendency for steering oscillation (tank slapper) with the PCX. It doesn't matter if you a braking, accelerating, turning, going straight, 100kph, whatever.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

sendler2112 wrote:It sounds like you actually have a brake pulse from the front rotor. Which my bike has.
There is no tendency for steering oscillation (tank slapper) with the PCX. It doesn't matter if you a braking, accelerating, turning, going straight, 100kph, whatever.

Please don't encourage...
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

I hate to let these threads that make people think there is a major problem go unchecked. Next thing you know, prospective buyers who don't even own the PCX yet get worried about imaginary problems. Like everyone complaining about the stock tires on the PCX, Ninja250, CBR250R, fill in the blank. It gets to be a ridiculous snowball effect.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

sendler2112 wrote: It gets to be a ridiculous snowball effect.
I know wat you mean, there are zillions of people who think that Harleys are good motorcycles and its all based on bullshit.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

sendler2112 wrote:I hate to let these threads that make people think there is a major problem go unchecked. Next thing you know, prospective buyers who don't even own the PCX yet get worried about imaginary problems. Like everyone complaining about the stock tires on the PCX, Ninja250, CBR250R, fill in the blank. It gets to be a ridiculous snowball effect.

I agree. The lone angst post....