pcx is now no more

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

GARETT0439

Re: pcx is now no more

Post by GARETT0439 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hey newbie! And...where is it that you live?
The member you're demanding a PM from is hurting. Show some compassion!
For starters say Hel-lo.
Please enter your location. The directions are just below this very post.
Got it, added it, sorry!

And Andyscooter-
I am in the same boat, I crashed and broke my leg about 6 weeks ago. I am still in the leg boot.
I got my first PCX a few days ago. It is much easier to 'shift gears' on a PCX than it is a 5 speed, if your broken leg is your left.
I hope your leg heals as fast as mine is!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

^ thanks for that.
Welcome aboard Garett :) Sorry to read that you broke your leg too. Sure is great that it's healing fast.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
andyscooter

Post by andyscooter »

GARETT0439 wrote:
andyscooter wrote:sorry havnt replied

short of it overtaking a line of traffic when bmw pulls out from the left just as i clear last vehicle who i think had stopped to let him out

unfortunatly this was a high vehicle and he couldnt see me or me him (dodgy manover on my part i know)

pcx got delivered home yesterday and there isnt a straight bit on it half the parts are now under the seat which isnt joined to the rest of the bike
Where are you located?
I am interested in the engine/frame for an ultra aero project.

Message me!

am in uk so no use and think frame may be bent but dont worry i dont get offended that easy :lol:

i broke either my tibia fibia i havnt got a clue whcih is which but it snapped in two cleanly havnt got a cast as i am allowed to put a little weight on it

i will have some nice scars to show the ladys though i have a nice upside down y in my knee with staple were they hammered the pin down the bone and a nasty mark on my ankle were the bone came out

may just say motorcycle accident rather then i fell of my scooter :oops:

anyway must go as sitting on this computer doesnt do my leg anygood as its in a funny position and can only take about an hour of it before it starts to ache

heres a pic of my leg after the op

Kenno
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014/2015
Color: White

Post by Kenno »

Hope it all heals up soon.

I've got a scar too from a 'bike crash' (fell off a mountain bike!) - I just have to change the subject as soon as they ask what cc it was.

I'm still thinking about getting a scooter - my wife says it's too dangerous, so I won't be showing her this thread!
binje
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by binje »

Hi Bud... sorry to hear about your misfortune.. hope it all heals up nice and well
2011 Honda PCX 125
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Kenno wrote:I'm still thinking about getting a scooter - my wife says it's too dangerous, so I won't be showing her this thread!
It sounds like we made our own danger in this case. Ride safe everybody. Don't get in a rush.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015

Post by Valiant »

andyscooter wrote: am in uk so no use and think frame may be bent but dont worry i dont get offended that easy :lol:

i broke either my tibia fibia i havnt got a clue whcih is which but it snapped in two cleanly havnt got a cast as i am allowed to put a little weight on it

i will have some nice scars to show the ladys though i have a nice upside down y in my knee with staple were they hammered the pin down the bone and a nasty mark on my ankle were the bone came out

may just say motorcycle accident rather then i fell of my scooter :oops:

anyway must go as sitting on this computer doesnt do my leg anygood as its in a funny position and can only take about an hour of it before it starts to ache

heres a pic of my leg after the op

Tibia is the larger bone in your lower leg(aka the shin bone), whereas the fibia is the smaller bone in the lower leg. If they needed a pin, I suspect it's the tibia that broke. While I broke both bones on my little slide, the bone didn't poke out anywhere at all, so I didn't know for sure that anything was broken until I got it x-rayed.

As for the computer usage, you should be able to tolerate it longer if you have something to rest your leg on that puts your leg a little bit above your waist(pillows or something soft is good to stick under it). Recommendation is above your heart, but that can be difficult if you're sitting up. I also find plenty of cold packs(maybe half an hour continuously at most) about 5-6 times a day will help a ton with the swelling(which to me is still present about a month afterwards, but not as extreme).

It may simply be a placebo, but I took to eating a multivitamin tablet(One-A-Day Men's), 2 cups of almond milk(for calcium), and worked a lot of fruits and vegetables into my diet. I'd figure I'd need it to regrow the bone, and I had one hell of an appetite for the first 3 weeks, despite the lack of mobility. Oh, and my executive chair became my preferred way of getting around the house 8) .
andyscooter

Post by andyscooter »

Its the tibia I'vejust been informed

Keeping ice packs on most of the day with ten minute breaks every two hours
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

Ouch. At least it's just one bone and not the two.

Also, the boot:
Keep it on when you walk, even short distances in your home, at least until your follow-up(typically within two weeks). I tripped once, caught myself on my broken leg for half a second, and it hurt like a son-of-a-bitch. I needed a second trip to the ER because the swelling got worse and I was worried I broke it open again, but luckily I didn't. Probably added on another week to my recovery time though, minimum.

You'd probably be more comfortable if you take it off while at rest, but I'd follow your doctor's recommendation on that one though.

It's worth the hassle to strap the thing on while moving inside the house, might squeeze your ankle and agitate the swelling, but it saves you a lot of pain when walking, and it'll save you another trip to the ER if you trip on something(much easier than you'd think).
andyscooter

Post by andyscooter »

small update

scoot was picked up for assesment yesterday

even though we said we would be out between 14:00 and 15:00 hours for a doctors appointment to change dressings on one leg as have a friction burn on my right knee that wont heal they turned up at 13:58 to collect so wife let them get scoot out of garage shut it and we left

now ive seen it properly i reaally think its a write off

the forks are bent back and sideways the screen is shattered the glove box fell off the seat is bust
every red panel has damage on it the air box snapped off the transmission cover has deep gouges in it
one mirrors smashed the other vanished and my new tyre is warn right down on one side were it scraped across the road still spinning

im feeling much better now and getting about on one crutch

and to valiant

Keep it on when you walk, even short distances in your home, at least until your follow-up(typically within two weeks). I tripped once, caught myself on my broken leg for half a second, and it hurt like a son-of-a-bitch. I needed a second trip to the ER because the swelling got worse and I was worried I broke it open again, but luckily I didn't. Probably added on another week to my recovery time though, minimum.

i have no boot as i can weight bear on my leg as have a metal nail down the inside of the bone

staples from the wounds came out a week ago
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

andyscooter wrote:small update

scoot was picked up for assesment yesterday

even though we said we would be out between 14:00 and 15:00 hours for a doctors appointment to change dressings on one leg as have a friction burn on my right knee that wont heal they turned up at 13:58 to collect so wife let them get scoot out of garage shut it and we left

now ive seen it properly i reaally think its a write off

the forks are bent back and sideways the screen is shattered the glove box fell off the seat is bust
every red panel has damage on it the air box snapped off the transmission cover has deep gouges in it
one mirrors smashed the other vanished and my new tyre is warn right down on one side were it scraped across the road still spinning

im feeling much better now and getting about on one crutch
Pics, we'll have a memorial service for the poor thing :D .

i have no boot as i can weight bear on my leg as have a metal nail down the inside of the bone

staples from the wounds came out a week ago
Dang, that's pretty fast. My staples stayed on for two weeks because the receptionist kept insisting that if the doctor wanted to see me earlier, he would have told her :roll: .

I also only did the one crutch thing just last week. I'm starting to walk without crutches, but it's still kind of swollen and sore around the knee where they had to cut me open to stick the nail in.

I also have a family trip to Chicago next week, so that ought to be interesting as well 8) .
andyscooter

Post by andyscooter »

my ankle swells up at the end of the day so have a good excuse to sit with my feet up

knee is pretty much healed where they put the screws in the scabs have fell off and the only real scab is were the bone came out my ankle

sorry havnt got pics of scoot as my phone broke in the crash and am on a old skool phone :D until october

now stuck between two scooters for my next one

honda forza or kawazaki j300

im swaying kawazaki at the moment as the forza looks fat

unless i get a shed load of compo and can afford a silverwing
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

andyscooter wrote:honda forza or kawazaki j300
The Kawasaki J300 is based on the Kymco Downtown 300i. You won't like the ergos.
andyscooter

Post by andyscooter »

in a small update

in an hours time i will find out what they think the scooter is worth

will post up after

im hoping 2000 pounds but will find out
andyscooter

Post by andyscooter »

phone call made they are giving me £1850 for the bike

bit pissed off to be fair as nothing within 50 miles worth buying for that much

only other bikes are either chinese or older then mine was
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

Don't get Chinese, those things cost more to repair than to buy new.

But before you buy anything new, maybe consider some gear to protect yourself with?

It's probably not a popular idea if you're using your scooter to commute and don't want to be seen walking around in ATGATT, but my personal record was breaking a leg within two weeks of owning my PCX, so I personally think it's worth it :D .
andyscooter

Post by andyscooter »

Got all the gear as been riding bikes for 14 years also that's covered with my personal injury claim

Can'twear bike trousers as armour is always in the wrong places as iI have strange short legs

Won't be buying new at moment as got no cash coming in and not sure if I will have a job to go back to as was agency and two weeks short of my contract
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

andyscooter wrote:phone call made they are giving me £1850 for the bike

bit pissed off to be fair as nothing within 50 miles worth buying for that much

only other bikes are either chinese or older then mine was
What year was the PCX Andy?

Surely you should only accept whatever the cost of replacing 'like-for-like' would be?

I'd be finding a load of classified ads for similar PCXs to yours (age/mileage/etc.) and showing them what they cost.

Good luck.

:)
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

There are some good deals on '13 models, such as this: (pre-registered at dealer, 5 miles, metallic blue, £1995 or such)
http://usedmotorcycles.honda.co.uk/hond ... er-pcx-125
andyscooter

Post by andyscooter »

bike was a 13 model

but because it was 200 miles over service (about a weeks worth and would of been done now) they have taken that off the price as i would of had to spent 150 quid on the service hence the £1850

this doesnt help me much as because im not at work ive no savings left to add to this

burgman is off the road as needs new tyre and i cant hold it up yet

so cant get to work to earn to buy bike :x

was off for three months at start of year with depression and stress so used a lot of savings then

changed job and was just starting to sort when this happened and as im with an agency i cant claim sick pay

just hope the compo comes through quickly