Are there any UK Forza owners out there?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

toria
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Are there any UK Forza owners out there?

Post by toria »

gn2 wrote:It all makes perfect sense to me.
If you can squeeze the finances for a Forza its easily the best of the sub 300cc bunch.

Thanks gn2. I highly suspect I will be walking away from Blade Honda tomorrow with lighter pockets and an order for a shiny new 'toy'!!!

Best

Toria
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

toria wrote: Thanks for that gn2. I would rather go for a brand I know and trust - don't know much about Kymco or Sym - indeed, I'm not sure there are any dealers local to me but I've just had a look at both. They look quite similar to the Forza but I don't like all the plastic over the handlebars - one thing that drew me to the Forza, it looks more like a 'proper' bike (I didn't really just say that did I?!). Besides which, these two bikes are approx. £1k less than the Forza so if I could afford that, then I could push to the extra £1k! That probably doesn't make much sense to you but I know what I mean!!!

Thanks again bud.
Funny you say the Forza looks more like a "proper bike." We would say it looks like a "real motorcycle," which I know offends some scooter owners. But, my husband always calls the Forza my "motorcycle" which, I must admit, I really like. :)

Good luck with your test ride! You are going to love it.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

All scooters are motorcycles.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

gn2 wrote:All scooters are motorcycles.

Even this one?

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Darth Emma wrote:
gn2 wrote:All scooters are motorcycles.

Even this one?

That's a tricycle
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

If it is then so is this one

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:If it is then so is this one

No motor.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Two of them, one either side.
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

BOOOOOOOO, item sold at auction but for much less than anticipated so Forza now off the agenda sadly! May have to go for a PCX instead ........... VERY ANNOYED :(
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

Well, I'VE DONE IT after all that - I've ordered a black Forza and take delivery on Monday all being well!! Can't wait to get my sticky little paws on her!!!! Thanks guys for all your support - I will post some piccies when 'she's' home!!
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

toria wrote:Well, I'VE DONE IT after all that - I've ordered a black Forza and take delivery on Monday all being well!! Can't wait to get my sticky little paws on her!!!! Thanks guys for all your support - I will post some piccies when 'she's' home!!

Congratulations! I wish I could have gotten a black, silver, or white one. I'm jealous!

Please charge up your camera. We want to see some pictures when you get it. :)
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

Darth Emma wrote:
toria wrote:Well, I'VE DONE IT after all that - I've ordered a black Forza and take delivery on Monday all being well!! Can't wait to get my sticky little paws on her!!!! Thanks guys for all your support - I will post some piccies when 'she's' home!!

Congratulations! I wish I could have gotten a black, silver, or white one. I'm jealous!

Right-e-o Darth Emma - will do. You may have to give me a day or two because it will be dark when I'm riding / getting ready to ride as I'm at work during daylight hours!!! I have to say I'd prefer to have a brighter coloured one - easier to see on the road etc.... Ride safe :D
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

toria wrote:
Darth Emma wrote:

Right-e-o Darth Emma - will do. You may have to give me a day or two because it will be dark when I'm riding / getting ready to ride as I'm at work during daylight hours!!! I have to say I'd prefer to have a brighter coloured one - easier to see on the road etc.... Ride safe :D

What colour is your Forza? Do you have a red one? I think THEY look really nice - black, grey and white are rather boring I think but hey ho!!!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

toria wrote:Well, I'VE DONE IT after all that - I've ordered a black Forza and take delivery on Monday all being well!!
I guess the test ride went well then? :D
After my test ride I just had to have one so I know what its like.
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

My Forza is red. It's the only color available here in the US.

toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

gn2 wrote:
toria wrote:Well, I'VE DONE IT after all that - I've ordered a black Forza and take delivery on Monday all being well!!
I guess the test ride went well then? :D
After my test ride I just had to have one so I know what its like.
To be honest GN2, I didn't go for a test ride as I'd faffed around for far too long. Judging by all the reviews on-line, everyone that has one loves it!! I have sat on one and heard the engine running and I'm sure I'll be very happy with her!!
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

Darth Emma wrote:My Forza is red. It's the only color available here in the US.

I think that looks lush - very sexy (if a bike can be referred to as 'sexy'?). Love the taller screen - I may have to invest in one especially with the appalling winters we have over here - and this year is meant to be a stinker weather wise!! Ride safe
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

As soon as I rode mine with the stock screen, I knew I had to have a taller windscreen. I really like how it keeps the wind off me. I think they should come with the taller windscreen, but I guess not everyone likes that look.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

toria wrote:
Darth Emma wrote:My Forza is red. It's the only color available here in the US.

I think that looks lush - very sexy (if a bike can be referred to as 'sexy'?). Love the taller screen - I may have to invest in one especially with the appalling winters we have over here - and this year is meant to be a stinker weather wise!! Ride safe

That looks all right actually
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

20131112_145037.jpeg
20131112_145037.jpeg (248.18 KiB) Viewed 995 times
20131112_145037.jpeg
20131112_145037.jpeg (248.18 KiB) Viewed 995 times
20131112_145024.jpeg
20131112_145024.jpeg (405.38 KiB) Viewed 995 times
20131112_145024.jpeg
20131112_145024.jpeg (405.38 KiB) Viewed 995 times
So, I've taken delivery of my new baby! She looks like a bullet at the front!! I've ridden 20 miles and it's great. Only thing I would say is that she's a bit slow off the mark but all the working parts are bound to be very tight still so it will take a while to loosen up I know and I've moved down the scale from a Burgy 650 so it's bound to be a big change.

I'm attaching some pictures (hopefully). They're not brilliant as they were taken in a rather dark car-park at work.