Just a heads up. Our riding time is coming close to an end.

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Just a heads up. Our riding time is coming close to an e

Post by Mel46 »

Once upon a time I could handle the pain. Pop in some Aleve and ride. I have an implanted Spinal Cord Stimulator that has been adjusted for the added pain. The device now needs to be re-adjusted now because as the surgeries have progressed along the nerves have been rearranged some how, to a point where it was the surgeries that caused the pain. The diagnosis is "Failed..." this and that now. Putting me on morphine was a last resort for the doctor, but it gave me back my life. Throughout this time I have requested that they slowly taper the dose down, letting me get use to dealing with the pain a little at a time. The plan was working beautifully until the DEA got involved with telling the doctors what was an acceptable limit. How do they know? Have they been in pain? Do they know my pain?

So, in any case the limit was set down 25% from what I am usually on, and they wanted as many patients as possible to meet that by June. Try dropping your medications down that much all at once. I argued for 15% now and 10% after I got use to the pain. My doctor agreed. Then something happened to my doctor. He is gone. New management says 25%, so here I am.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

My wife thinks I am crazy for doing anything else on her bike since we will be selling it, but I have it torn down in the basement right now and am modifying the lights and adding two to the empty slots in the top portion of the light assembly. My bike already has them. I guess I just feel like I need to complete the mods I intended to do, even though we will never get enough money back to warrant adding more updates to it.

I keep seeing an older PCX around our area that looks to be in horrible shape, and it gets me worried that once I sell mine they will be treated the same way, but while I have them I want them to have all of the care I can give them. Silly me.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Brice
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by Brice »

Mel,

I'm sorry to hear that life is treating you harshly.
Thanks for posting pictures. I love the extra lighting you have done. Do you have directions or did you figure that out for yourself?

I'm a newb to the 2-wheel life and this forum, but I think I would love to do the same mods that you performed. Can you direct me to parts and directions?

Thank you
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

My wife thinks I am crazy for doing anything else on her bike since we will be selling it, but I have it torn down in the basement right now and am modifying the lights and adding two to the empty slots in the top portion of the light assembly. My bike already has them. I guess I just feel like I need to complete the mods I intended to do, even though we will never get enough money back to warrant adding more updates to it.

I keep seeing an older PCX around our area that looks to be in horrible shape, and it gets me worried that once I sell mine they will be treated the same way, but while I have them I want them to have all of the care I can give them. Silly me.
Mel - if you can afford to keep them both then why not? :geek:

You have gotten a lot of good times over the years riding with your wife. 8)

Keep them around and think of them as children who never left home. They will continue to make you smile and while inducing you into a nostalgia coma they will also offer you more hope for the future and enjoy experiences yet to traveled. Even if you just take jaunts around town now and then those experiences could be priceless to you. ;)

My KLR had been put up for sale when it was only around 10 years old. But after about a week I felt compelled to keep it. And now 22 more years later I have absolutely no regrets. I still get to look at it and it still starts and I can still listen to the cadence of the big single thumping at idle and I can still get to ride it. Damn I'm so happy I never sold it. . .. :D

Just think about it. If you can afford to keep the scoots then why not?

You and your wife can have a lot of "remember the time when" moments together gazing at them whenever you want. :D
jburner
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX
Color: Black

Post by jburner »

Brice wrote:Mel,

I'm sorry to hear that life is treating you harshly.
Thanks for posting pictures. I love the extra lighting you have done. Do you have directions or did you figure that out for yourself?

I'm a newb to the 2-wheel life and this forum, but I think I would love to do the same mods that you performed. Can you direct me to parts and directions?

Thank you
Mel - I think you are going to need to start your own thread titled Mel’s Mod’s
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

The 2013 model is the best model for electrical "upgrades". Honda built it with a lot of room to grow/change...which they did when they switched to LED circuits. They have made the newest one almost perfect for most riders who just want to get on their "pony" and ride.

Those of us with the older model can just about do anything to these without breaking them, and they are potentially faster than any ones that came after them. What better platform for changes and upgrades?!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150