Mobius vs. Go Pro? - Helmet or Bike Mount?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Mobius vs. Go Pro? - Helmet or Bike Mount?

Post by homie »

wojtek_pl wrote:Still, when you have a disarmed society, one armed person has all the power...
Yes, can't wait until some habib draws a weapon in a Starbucks around here. It will be over before the 911 call, conceal & carry is the antidote to this in America and terrorist will have to find some other way to deal with armed citizens. When I see these 'no gun' signs on any business, I don't return to that establishment unless they have a drive through :)
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

My Grom buddy just tested a chest mount and he is going back to the handlebar.
SmellyTofu wrote:Unfortunately mounting cameras to helmets is a no no as its deemed as illegal modifications to the safety gear so bike mount is my only on-bike option. Plus chest mount is a bit difficult to mount on and off. Tried it but just don't feel right on a scooter.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Remember though most videos are shared on YouTube which is the weakest link in the sharing chain. The 4K vids tend to be choppy even on the faster lines and laptops. 1080P is about it unless you just view your own videos and even with 1080P you have to dumb the settings down so they don't get pixelated on conversion. YT limits the bitrates.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

We have a high participation rate for conceal carry in my state and the perp like that would be swiss cheese in a matter of seconds. Except for the druggies who are out of their minds most of the time robberies and car jackings have plummeted since CCW has picked up. It may seem like a step back to the wild west at times but nothing has had this dramatic of an effect on crime and there have been very few accidents.
homie wrote:
wojtek_pl wrote:Still, when you have a disarmed society, one armed person has all the power...
Yes, can't wait until some habib draws a weapon in a Starbucks around here. It will be over before the 911 call, conceal & carry is the antidote to this in America and terrorist will have to find some other way to deal with armed citizens. When I see these 'no gun' signs on any business, I don't return to that establishment unless they have a drive through :)
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I just found out that adding a few stainless washers to the bottom of the mount on top of the dampener really helps to settle vibration by adding mass. I will have to try that too.

How come when I tell my wife I love her she now asks "Ok what did you buy now?" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by SECoda on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

I sure wish we had CCW in Canada. Here we have a policy of dial 911 and die. Then we immortalize the perp in way of remembering what they did, who they are and why we need a long gun registry to reduce gun crime. Just one of my sore points.
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I have gone hunting and fishing in Ontario (Black bear) frequently but never get caught with a handgun. o_O
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

MikeP wrote:I sure wish we had CCW in Canada. Here we have a policy of dial 911 and die.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

They claim the number of guns in the US just surpassed the total US population. 320M o_O
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

SECoda wrote:They claim the number of guns in the US just surpassed the total US population. 320M o_O
900 million firearms in circulation and climbing every time there is an incident. Yes we shoot ourselves up now and then but what outside force could ever suppress such overwhelming hidden firepower throughout our streets and neighborhoods.
wojtek_pl
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 PCX 125
Color: matt black

Post by wojtek_pl »

I wish politicians in Poland would be on our side and allow people to have firearms. Our history shows that having a weapon in every household is a must. You know, we are between Russia and Germany...
Regards
Wojtek
2014 Honda PCX 125
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

DISCOUNT CODE 8)
Starting now until ???
Use this discount code: ACTIONCAM-BUCKS during checkout for a 15% off your order.
WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Cool. I might pick up another one. Thanks. There is a new Sony mini HD that just came out that is gaining popularity. I think it is $99.
SmellyTofu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by SmellyTofu »

SECoda wrote:My Grom buddy just tested a chest mount and he is going back to the handlebar.
SmellyTofu wrote:Unfortunately mounting cameras to helmets is a no no as its deemed as illegal modifications to the safety gear so bike mount is my only on-bike option. Plus chest mount is a bit difficult to mount on and off. Tried it but just don't feel right on a scooter.
Also chest mount if it's not mounted high becomes crotch cam given we typically slouch a bit on the seat.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I did not get their coupon code to work. Too late to get on Chat.
homie wrote:DISCOUNT CODE 8)
Starting now until ???
Use this discount code: ACTIONCAM-BUCKS during checkout for a 15% off your order.
WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

SmellyTofu Wrote: "Also chest mount if it's not mounted high becomes crotch cam given we typically slouch a bit on the seat"

Crotch cam :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I just saw an advertisement for an assault weapon with two 30 round clips for $500. Come on people, why does anyone need an assault weapon for hunting??! And 60 rounds? There would be very little of that deer left if someone hunted with that. I have no problem with the right to carry arms, but I think the assault weapon has no place in our society. Several of the school shootings involved an assault weapon, and too many people died.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Mel46 wrote: Come on people, why does anyone need an assault weapon for hunting??! And 60 rounds?
No body take this bait please... Mel lets just agree it's a slippery slope, they will ban one here and then immediately ban one over there and we all know that's exactly the plan and how it starts. They are semi automatic regardless of their color or design... only military and criminals have machine guns. We don't call them assault weapons anymore for obvious reason now they are marketed as modern sporting rifles. The NRA has got our backs on this.
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

In Canada we have 30 round magazines, but we are safe because we have them pinned at 5 rounds. So we can't get into to much trouble. :lol:

I just re-read the post, I think I took the bait. Sorry :oops:
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

MikeP wrote:In Canada we have 30 round magazines, but we are safe because we have them pinned at 5 rounds. So we can't get into to much trouble. :lol:

I just re-read the post, I think I took the bait. Sorry :oops:
But you have my hero Kevin Vickers Canadian Sergeant-At-Arms 8) With grey hairs that can roll out from behind a pillar and cap an armed terrorist like that who needs high capacity magazines. Dam good man! We need some more like him.