Honda PCX (150) Linked Brakes

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Re: Honda PCX (150) Linked Brakes

Post by honkerman »

Rick54 wrote:As a person new to scooters and looking into the purchase of a 2017 PCX150, and one who knows nothing regarding the braking system to which you are all referring to, I'd like to ask the consensus of the group. Being a person new to scooters, is there a genuine concern with the braking system on the 2017 PCX that I should be concerned with?
I have had no issues. It's good to use staged/progressive braking, and the CBS system is, as GN2 said, brilliant on the PCX as the first stage.

I've got a video that gives an overview linked on the following thread.

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6828
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Rick54 wrote:As a person new to scooters and looking into the purchase of a 2017 PCX150, and one who knows nothing regarding the braking system to which you are all referring to, I'd like to ask the consensus of the group. Being a person new to scooters, is there a genuine concern with the braking system on the 2017 PCX that I should be concerned with?

No. why do you think there might be?
Rick54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Rick54 »

youyou wrote: "No. why do you think there might be?"

As someone (myself) who knows nothing about the world of scooters, let alone motorcycles, this Linked Brakes thread contains 6 pages of concern and discussion. If you were in my position, wouldn't you be a little inquisitive about the design and safety of the system?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Rick54 wrote:youyou wrote: "No. why do you think there might be?"

As someone (myself) who knows nothing about the world of scooters, let alone motorcycles, this Linked Brakes thread contains 6 pages of concern and discussion. If you were in my position, wouldn't you be a little inquisitive about the design and safety of the system?

No. it works.

There's hopefully only a limited amount of things that you can angst about even if you scour all the threads. Why not get a PCX, or a test ride? You seem to be caught in a worry loop.
Rick54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Rick54 »

youyou, I see on two of my posts, you have eluded to a "worry" state of mind. I can assure you sir, there is no worry on my part. Just a concern to becoming a well informed and educated consumer of a new adventure I'm thinking of undertaking. I believe that to be a reasonable attitude for anyone to take, don't you?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Rick54 wrote:youyou, I see on two of my posts, you have eluded to a "worry" state of mind. I can assure you sir, there is no worry on my part. Just a concern to becoming a well informed and educated consumer of a new adventure I'm thinking of undertaking. I believe that to be a reasonable attitude for anyone to take, don't you?

No, but don't worry about it.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Rick54 wrote:is there a genuine concern with the braking system on the 2017 PCX that I should be concerned with?
iceman wrote:No - just ride properly and don't take risks.
gn2 wrote:Absolutely not.
Ditto
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
JIMJFOX
Year: 2016
Color: RED

Post by JIMJFOX »

PCX 150 BRAKES
As has been said, the front brake does 95% of the work and it's not that good. Bear in mind the rear drum is activated in order to start the bike. I have this machine & it has many excellent qualities but brakes are not one of them. The Yamaha N-MAX brakes are infinitely better, more feel, less lever force and far better stopping power.
Just allow more stopping space for the PCX . . .