Motovlog - Scoot Commute 14 - Indian Summer

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Motovlog - Scoot Commute 14 - Indian Summer

Post by honkerman »

A summer day in February. Who knew? Anyway, it gave me a good opportunity to ride to work. I hope you enjoy my latest Motovlog. It's been a while since my last video, but the weather outside's been frightful.

Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Motovlog - Scoot Commute 14 - Indian Summer

Post by chicaboo »

"Welcome back, your dream was your ticket out".
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

honkerman wrote:A summer day in February. Who knew? Anyway, it gave me a good opportunity to ride to work. I hope you enjoy my latest Motovlog. It's been a while since my last video, but the weather outside's been frightful.

But the fire is so delightful?
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

you you wrote:
honkerman wrote:A summer day in February. Who knew? Anyway, it gave me a good opportunity to ride to work. I hope you enjoy my latest Motovlog. It's been a while since my last video, but the weather outside's been frightful.

they no longer allow me near fire
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Supposed to get close to 60 F here tomorrow. . .in CT.

Did a couple of 5 mile runs today around town. Snow still lingers on the ground but should be mostly gone by the weekend. . .fingers crossed.

Good video!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

honkerman wrote:
you you wrote:

they no longer allow me near fire

:lol: :lol: :lol:
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Silver

Post by lolofigo »

My commute https://youtu.be/l1947PTV0dc

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Your video really gives a good indication of the acceleration and highway capabilities of the PCX. . .and braking as well in moving traffic. I think 60 MPH (100 KPH) is about what you got it up to? When you got off on the first exit did the suspension bottom out on a bump or was it a pot hole? Either way it gave the camera a sudden jolt. o_O

There's a lot of trucks and roundabouts on your route. . .makes for an interesting ride running with the bulls . . .keeps your mind in the "now" and thinking about the next challenge ahead. 8)

Designated parking. . .it would be great if all employers were hip to that.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Hey. . .wait a minute. . .I watched it a second time and I noticed you were pushing over 70 MPH. Have you got a Malossi kit or something on that?
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

PCX150Rider wrote:Hey. . .wait a minute. . .I watched it a second time and I noticed you were pushing over 70 MPH. Have you got a Malossi kit or something on that?

I've got an NCY racing variator and weights. The scoot will do over 70 mph if I push it. I didn't think I got it going that fast in this last vid. I know i had it to 50 and it does accelerate very rapidly.

NM, you weren't talking to me, you were responding to the other video...LOL...I didn't see the link at first.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

In the title it says "Yuminashi 164". He's modified his scoot quite a bit
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Silver

Post by lolofigo »

PCX150Rider wrote:Your video really gives a good indication of the acceleration and highway capabilities of the PCX. . .and braking as well in moving traffic. I think 60 MPH (100 KPH) is about what you got it up to? When you got off on the first exit did the suspension bottom out on a bump or was it a pot hole? Either way it gave the camera a sudden jolt. o_O

There's a lot of trucks and roundabouts on your route. . .makes for an interesting ride running with the bulls . . .keeps your mind in the "now" and thinking about the next challenge ahead. 8)

Designated parking. . .it would be great if all employers were hip to that.
It does 80 mph flat out but only on level road. There is a pothole on that exit but it doesn't bottom out it rather jumps over it. On pcx anything over 60 mph is dreadful and I only hit 80 mph on a clear day. I only have 2 miles of dual carriageway on my commute but my pcx with yuminashi 164 kit goes flat out on it when weather is good.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk