Seats from Thailand

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Coastal Mountainer
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: Seats from Thailand

Post by Coastal Mountainer »

Thanks for replies! I should finish replacing a couple plastic body panels today. Next project is seat and as of now, I believe the seat Rickjds has is the one.
2014 CTX 700dct Red (glad I got it)

2013 PCX 150 Black (wish I could have kept it)
Summicron
Year: 2016
Color: Red

Post by Summicron »

I ordered my seat from Bikerbitz on Jan 30 and it arrived here yesterday

Jim
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Summicron wrote:I ordered my seat from Bikerbitz on Jan 30 and it arrived here yesterday
Jim
Which one. Post a picture and let us see. :)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Summicron

Post by Summicron »

Will post a picture, but riding yesterday allowed me to slide back on the seat and change positions and stretch my legs out more and made for a very comfortable ride. It is Model 7 on their web site.

Jim
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

When I gave my specs to the people at MP Motor I had to convert it to CM and MM because they didn't understand inches. We emailed back and forth until they got it correct, and then a picture was sent to me when it was done. I have been very pleased with the seat. If you have a long inseam it would probably be good to have the back brace moved back. Keep in mind that at some point the brace is no longer stiff since many of the seats from Thailand with a back brace have the plastic molded with a dip to allow for some kind of brace for your back. However, if you move the seat too far back the scooter itself has a frame in the way which will keep the dip from being very much, so the brace will be soft because it will be made of foam. Still, it gives you some support back there, which is good. When I got my seat I also found a piece of styrofoam that could be braced between the tailbox and my back, with the styrofoam cut to fit where the back brace now was. To open my seat storage I just slide the styrofoam forward about a half an inch to clear the box. The styrofoam is held in place by a ROK strap, with a groove in the styrofoam to allow me to also carry a small gas container sideways. It all works out nicely and is very comfortable on longer rides. I also have a gel pad that I sit on, but that is because I have had 6 back surgeries. Most riders would be fine without it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Simon0867
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: White

Post by Simon0867 »

Hi all,

I have a compression fracture in my back which can ache a bit on longer PCX rides or after a busy day at work and riding home. A while back I had a box strapped on the seat behind me which I noticed made the ride more comfortable. Just caught up with this thread on the forum and the seats from MP seem well made and reasonably priced even allowing for postage to the UK.

I'm thinking splashing out on one of the two below with an adjustment for my height (6'2"). I have a 2014 PCX.
Attachments
IMG_0436.JPG
IMG_0436.JPG (64.34 KiB) Viewed 2703 times
IMG_0435.JPG
IMG_0435.JPG (61.75 KiB) Viewed 2703 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

My opinion is that either one of those would be great, but see if they can move the back support back further so that you can stretch your legs. If you know of anyone who has a seat already that has at least a back brace ( when I was in communication with MP Motors they called the onesame you are looking at back supports, while the ones that reach far lower are referred to as back braces.) The idea is for you to get an idea as to how much farther back you would prefer the support to be in order for you to ride comfortably. MP Motor had some seats just like those you are interested in and they will work with you concerning moving the support. Several of us have had them do this. Look at some of the picture on this thread and you will get a better idea.
Even if they don't move the support back I think you will find the seats to be quite comfortable. The idea of moving the support back is so that us 'long legged Americans' can ride a little less cramped on Asian bikes. :-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Simon0867
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Simon0867 »

Is it worth paying the extra for the genuine plastic Honda frame, works out about £30 more ?
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Simon0867 wrote:Is it worth paying the extra for the genuine plastic Honda frame, works out about £30 more ?
With genuine the rubber seal will seat better and supposedly there is more room under.
Simon0867
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Simon0867 »

Well decided to take the plunge !!
I've ordered the bottom of the two shown above as I prefered the styling.
I went for the genuine Honda base and a 3" move back for the support.

I presume removing the old seat is just a matter of removing the screws and lifting it out. I have a 2014 LED light bike ?

Will post pictures when it arrives, hopefully within the next three weeks or so.
jb2017
Color: Silver

Post by jb2017 »

Just bought this seat for my 2016 PCX150. I'm 6'3" and need a flat seat, hopefully it's comfortable. :D

https://bikerzbits.com/honda-pcx-custom-seat-4379.html
Simon0867
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Simon0867 »

Got an email, including a photograph from MP. My seat is built and will be on it's way from Thailand to Scotland today !
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (86.64 KiB) Viewed 2244 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Looks great
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I think you will be very happy with that seat. As far as taking the seat off, there is a hinge involved, so take the bolts out of the hinge where it attaches to the storage box. Then you can take the hinge off of the seat itself with very little effort, as apposed to trying to disconnect the hinge while the seat is still attached to the bike. The only problems I have had with the seat have been trying to keep the nuts on the storage box lined up while I reattach the bolts. I ended up going to a hardware store and buying 2 replacement bolts that were a little longer so that I had some 'finger room' to turn the bolts until the teeth lined up properly with the nut. Otherwise, seat swaps are relatively easy. If they don't already have the seat gasket on the new one, the old rubber gasket comes right off and easily attaches to the new seat. Also be aware of those rubber nubs on the seat where it closes. Without them the seat will close easily but not give you a good seal, and the seat may rattle some when you are riding. (Word of warning though: those nubs are hard to get in or out of the little holes.)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

It's Got the Look (of being comfie)
Sir Simon I have been very tempted to buy that seat. But bought another. I have not seen this one in awhile so it left my memory bank.
Ahh but here she be again, decked out with her hi rise back. Do let us know "how that feels" after an hour (+) ride against your lower back.
Well, that is "IF" you ever return :lol:
~ Happy Trails ~
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Simon0867
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Simon0867 »

Thanks for the advice Mel46, I've ordered the genuine Honda seat base do it should have the rubber seal already installed.
I've got my tracking number and the parcel is due to leave Bangkok today. Estimated delivery time to Scotland is 10 days.
I'm planning to do a proper unboxing & fitting video when it arrives, might be of help to thoses thinking of buying one.
cocteau2x
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by cocteau2x »

Is it possible to have someone ride on back of the seat when you get one with a back rest?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Simon0867 wrote:I'm planning to do a proper unboxing & fitting video when it arrives, might be of help to thoses thinking of buying one.
Cool Simon! If you do a video please place it in the Technical Help > "How-To" board for others to quickly reference. Truly appreciate your generosity in doing so. That's the Forum Spirit!! :P

(Just a Note: I took a look and saw that we have a "How-To: Change Your Seat" by member Fizzy Rascal. NOT a problem. We appreciate all member's visuals and ideas.
We continually learn from one another (and from our own mistakes) "That's Life"
So, Share on mate! 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Bassekall

Post by Bassekall »

I buy seat for Honda pcx from this company in bankok. But not so good!! Look like made in garage
Company, MP Motorseat.com
Bassekall

Post by Bassekall »

[quote="cocteau2x"]Is it possible to have someone ride on back of the seat when you get one with a back rest?[
Yes but not for big person :) seat look good but not so nice made, different from side to side and many open hole underside on seat so not so professionally made :) and they refuse to fix it.